List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to side with Plugger on this one. Dunstans lack of running capacity is a liability and always has been. He is slow and has zero tank and was a poor draft choice in any year. He cant spend more than 70% TOG and a lot of that is just waddling around. He plays with passion which is great, but he couldnt run out of sight on a dark night.

and don't get me started on his kicking

Yet Billy Longer averaged more hit outs and more hit outs to advantage in the VFL this season.
I see absolutely no point in thinking about getting in Preuss who is an inferior Billy Longer, especially at AFL level.
They are pretty much an identical type players.
If Hickey goes then we have a couple of options. We either hope Billy has a good pre season and gets back to his 2017 form with Pierce in VFL as a back up, and Marshall able to ruck if we are desperate.
Or we play Longer as our number one and somehow fit Marshall in to give him a chop out, even if Paddy is fit.
Of our club could do something really ridiculous and sign Roughead as a free agent.
Jordan Roughead isn't the answer..
Preuss has just turned 23 & has fantastic agility for a player of his size..
I personally see him as an upgrade compared to Longer, with significant upside..
Pierce & Preuss, with Marshall providing a chop out is the direction I'd like us to take..

Didn’t they? I remember him playing football the majority of this year!
So in 5 years Hanners and Libby will hit their straps in time for delisting?

Yeah, but Max has transformed himself, dropped kgs, and has lost nothing in ruck ability from doing so, and improved his running.

If Billy drops kgs, he loses some of his strength in the ruck contest, as leaping is not his go, and he probably doesn't stand to gain what Max has around the ground, cause he is s**t at it (technical ruck/marking term), and probably always continues to be s**t at it.

I just don't think Billy has a football brain. He can't even stand on the mark properly, and he gets plenty of chances to do it.
you can't flog a dead horse

Regarding the GOAT being shopped to the WA teams, I've got a sneeky baseless feeling that it may prove harder than it appears. Freo under RTB wouldn't be any more appetizing than Saints under Mr Potato head, so he might not want to go there at all. And do WC have anything to offer? We'd ask more than pick 18/19 surely, so if there is no WC player to facilitate the deal (and who in their right mind moves from WC to Saints right now) then it stands a good chance of nothing happening. Is there any ITK info out there?

Every team has a waddler and how come 2nd half of last year and 1st half of this year he was running games out fine
and was much closer to 100% game time?
And my comparison with Ross is based purely on what StKilda's benefit is!
Ross currently has currency..Dunny doesn't...Agree something has to give and ideally we can't keep
both of them plus Cho's secret love child Armo!
Armo is the first one that should be out the door but as for the debate on the other two we should
always keep in mind the current landscape of where our coach and club sit!
It's his call ultimately on who plays the roles and what most on here appear to be saying
is that we back Cho's philosophy and his favorites!
Armitage has one more year on his contract , the only way he goes is if he can score a contract else where, which I doubt because he would battle any medical he had to pass - remember that 80yr olds back.

Regarding the GOAT being shopped to the WA teams, I've got a sneeky baseless feeling that it may prove harder than it appears. Freo under RTB wouldn't be any more appetizing than Saints under Mr Potato head, so he might not want to go there at all. And do WC have anything to offer? We'd ask more than pick 18/19 surely, so if there is no WC player to facilitate the deal (and who in their right mind moves from WC to Saints right now) then it stands a good chance of nothing happening. Is there any ITK info out there?
Acres is the one who could develop into a very good player , need to keep him to his contract / one of these kids will turn it on.

How many real stars with the later picks compared to early. I get 3 to early none to late

Jack Steven was a late. Cale Hooker was later the same year.
Rory Sloane was 3rd round.
Max Gawn round 3.
Fantasia (pick 55 ) generates some pretty decent scores. Anyone who can average 2 goals a game must be coming close to a star.

Obviously not as many stars, but hell, some even come off the Rookie list.

Jack Steven was a late. Cale Hooker was later the same year.
Rory Sloane was 3rd round.
Max Gawn round 3.
Fantasia (pick 55 ) generates some pretty decent scores. Anyone who can average 2 goals a game must be coming close to a star.

Obviously not as many stars, but hell, some even come off the Rookie list.

Based on that let’s Swap 4 for 10 picks in the 40”s. Obviously there are stars in every spot. Just a lot more as your pick gets better

Acres is the one who could develop into a very good player , need to keep him to his contract / one of these kids will turn it on.
I agree there Permium. Just shootin the breeze, but the rumor continues to persist. Though like l said, it looks difficult to find a deal that will realistically swing.
I also think having Ratts, Hanners and maybe Bangers may give the boys some heart to stick around till Cho gets the o'l heave-ho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s obvious how much upside Longer has by the amount of clubs falling over themselves to pinch him from us, especially now that’s he’s out of contract?!?‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Them’s the facts! :oops:
Unfortunately we are stuck with him because we need the second rounder we’ll get from Hickey to trade for Hanners.
Our ruck situation is a mess.

Last edited:
Every team has a waddler and how come 2nd half of last year and 1st half of this year he was running games out fine
and was much closer to 100% game time?
And my comparison with Ross is based purely on what StKilda's benefit is!
Ross currently has currency..Dunny doesn't...Agree something has to give and ideally we can't keep
both of them plus Cho's secret love child Armo!
Armo is the first one that should be out the door but as for the debate on the other two we should
always keep in mind the current landscape of where our coach and club sit!
It's his call ultimately on who plays the roles and what most on here appear to be saying
is that we back Cho's philosophy and his favorites!
Too many peeps here with short memories and even shorter vision MM. In 12 months Armo is gone, and out list renovation is a 2-3 year prospect. You're right on all counts about Dunny. I wouldn't let him go for what we'd get.

Hopefully a mostly new coaching outfit will help him to develop to his potential.

It’s obvious how much upside Longer has by the amount of clubs falling over themselves to pinch him from us, especially now that’s he’s out of contract?!?‍♂️

The good old ‘one more good preseason and make or break year for Longer’ is the last thing we need to hear. Just give up and delist the potato.

Certain he would not be picked up by any other club. Meanwhile Hickey is likely heading to this years Grand Finalists, who have a great record in recruiting/trading & development. Haha jokes on them I guess?!?
But yeah, make or break year for Longer coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Remember when Tom Ledger got delisted and there was huge melts, people screaming that he'd get picked up and make us pay bigtime

Last heard playing for Claremont reserves.

We overrate our own massively sometimes. If Longer is our best ruck option then we have the worst starting ruckman in the comp. He is Trent Knobel 2.0

Priority access to state league players for Blues and GC but we missed out. Bummer.

Priority access to state league players for Blues and GC but we missed out. Bummer.

This is s&/t.... they make up rules to suit the situation, basically just giving them Collins as they know he is in demand

Does this mean no PP or is that still to be announced?...

I hope they dont give those 2 clubs a PP. I want to see Carlton have to trade for McGovern after their 2 year tantrum over Gibbs

Pricks. What about the PPs?

Just heard on the radio that Mick Warner is reporting that Carlton’s request for a priority pick has been rejected.

Blues were pretty much relying on that to get Mc Govern so they won’t be happy. What a shame :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back