List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every team has a waddler and how come 2nd half of last year and 1st half of this year he was running games out fine
and was much closer to 100% game time?
And my comparison with Ross is based purely on what StKilda's benefit is!
Ross currently has currency..Dunny doesn't...Agree something has to give and ideally we can't keep
both of them plus Cho's secret love child Armo!
Armo is the first one that should be out the door but as for the debate on the other two we should
always keep in mind the current landscape of where our coach and club sit!
It's his call ultimately on who plays the roles and what most on here appear to be saying
is that we back Cho's philosophy and his favorites!
Agree with this regarding Armo - he has been a warrior and his leadership and experience when he came back was much needed, but for his own sake i think they should have retired him. His back looks so sore

Certain he would not be picked up by any other club. Meanwhile Hickey is likely heading to this years Grand Finalists, who have a great record in recruiting/trading & development.

Rhys Stanley went to the team that finished third that year, who also had a great record in recruiting/trading & development. Didn't magically make him an A-grader though. I have no doubt the same will be true with Hickey.

Libba isn’t only getting offered 1 year at WB’s so he won’t cost much. He may even be depth who knows? We also need some senior bodies, which Libba & Hanner’s are.

Sinclair, Billings, Acres & Coffield need to be used as outside mids. None are
Overly quick so definitely a weakness we need to address.

Coffield is lightning quick and no doubt will be training as an outside mid this pre season which excites me half as much as Jess Homans Instagram page.

Coffield is lightning quick and no doubt will be training as an outside mid this pre season which excites me half as much as Jess Homans Instagram page.

Coff has great speed when doing a 100 meter sprint but his game isn't based around it. His natural game is to play slower and utalise his playmaking skills. Richo trying so hard to make him into a mid worries me a bit, it reminds me of trying to force Billings into the guts when he clearly excels as a forward.

I'm not sure off the top of my head how many players who weren't mids as juniors became elite mids in the AFL. Can anyone give me examples to make me feel better?

It would be one hell of a kick in the guys if the bottom team were able to get Shiel and McGovern in.

Well it’s become a little more difficult for them with no priority pick.

Also a bit of a kick in the guts when the ( not for much longer) reigning premier can get a top free agent into their team.

Firstly you are taking things way too personally. Secondly you are bias against Longer because you keep going on about him like you have a personal vendetta against him when. Thirdly, if you even know or watched Tim Elliot play, you would understand why. I remember one match watching him completely in the open forward of centre and someone kicked the ball to him. He dropped a sitter. Then proceeded to try and pick it up and kicked the ball in front of him running after it only for the opposition to come and take it off him. Probably more apt to say an embarrassment to the football club to have even considered giving him senior games. Either works.

But you my friend act a little too self righteous with a chip on your shoulder.

Give it a break. We all want the same thing here and that is to see our club win another premiership. Just lighten up.

Firstly I couldn’t be less wound up but I don’t like any player who plays for us to be called an embarrassment to footy. I knew nesty pretty well and he put everything he had to make it in footy. Been many worse players than him play for us. I probably do have a bias against longer but i try to use some facts to my argument. I’m doubting wce are taking our worst ruck so I’m thinking hickey is better than longer just based on that. And I take nothing personally. Say what you want about me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coff has great speed when doing a 100 meter sprint but his game isn't based around it. His natural game is to play slower and utalise his playmaking skills. Richo trying so hard to make him into a mid worries me a bit, it reminds me of trying to force Billings into the guts when he clearly excels as a forward.

I'm not sure off the top of my head how many players who weren't mids as juniors became elite mids in the AFL. Can anyone give me examples to make me feel better?
he was recruited to play midfield as he played some time there in he TAC cup and showed some talent. The only reason he didnt get mid time is his tank and craft were lacking. We don’t need any more HBFers.

No I am struggling .Nathan Burke started as a back pocket and became an elite mid .
But agree 100 % with you about Coff.He will be a vgpodthird tall Roberton type
Happy yo be proven wrong but he ain’t going to be a mid no matter what the Pr department pump out in the pre season .

Also if his natural ability is to play slower and utilise play making skills with the ability to blitz over 100m he sound like a perfect outside mid.

If he goes to the bombers as suggested surely GC get the bombers 1st rounder.

They then go to the draft with 2,3,9 plus potentially whatever they can get for may (would have to be a top 10 pick or they hold for compo pick next year)

Say they have 2,3,9 and 10.

We give them 2019 1st and newnes for 3?
Or 2019 1st on its own for 9?

Steele Frontbum

I still don’t get how Billy has been in the system this long yet not improved his marking at all? Especially given he was touted by many as a genuine ruck with the ability to go forward and be dangerous.

Constant shoulder problems doesn’t help.

He could certainly clunk them as a junior... surprising and very disappointing he hasn’t been able to do it at the highest level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but Max has transformed himself, dropped kgs, and has lost nothing in ruck ability from doing so, and improved his running.

If Billy drops kgs, he loses some of his strength in the ruck contest, as leaping is not his go, and he probably doesn't stand to gain what Max has around the ground, cause he is s**t at it (technical ruck/marking term), and probably always continues to be s**t at it.

I just don't think Billy has a football brain. He can't even stand on the mark properly, and he gets plenty of chances to do it.

58e1bbd12d68836da322eb945d1701da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he goes to the bombers as suggested surely GC get the bombers 1st rounder.

They then go to the draft with 2,3,9 plus potentially whatever they can get for may (would have to be a top 10 pick or they hold for compo pick next year)

Say they have 2,3,9 and 10.

We give them 2019 1st and newnes for 3?
Or 2019 1st on its own for 9?

Is the next years draft so meek that we need to trade into this years?

I dunno, i'd rather try and beat essendon in the trade and offer next years first for Jack Martin tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back