List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Me? I'm a Saints supporter: I came here to read about Saints stuff, actual real life footy stuff, certainly not the lamest thing going which is Fantasy Football, and certainly not read the ins and outs of a gang of spotty teenagers and no-marks tossing off over calendar girls.

I'm fine really, not even angry or uptight about anything, just bored with the boys club sfellowing nonsense. I'm not part of it, have no wish to be part of it, I can tolerate it but I'm just asking the question Why Here? Women use this site too btw and I'm sure they tolerate it too or probably even laugh at it. I think its a bit pathetic and I don't really even care that much. But I suppose just curious why it needs to be here on this football forum.

I'm pretty sure there is a thread elsewhere dedicated to Fantasy Football and there must be something dedicated to perving on women somewhere on this site.

:thumbsu:
Just take it to the random discussion thread.
Leave the trade thread for trades and related stuff.

Good to see you giving Tom Jok a run, raw but a lot to like about him.

Has the athletic capabilities in spades & really started to show footy awareness towards the end of the VFL season.

There is an increasing number of endurance athletes that are finding great success following a ketogenic (low carb) diet regime. Intermittent fasting (limiting the number of hours that you eat) is another way of forcing the body into ketosis (using fat as the body's main fuel source). Interestingly, Professor Tim Noakes, who was one of the leading advocates of carb loading has come out in recent years and said he got it wrong. He now follows a low carb regime. In the end it comes down to the individual. Low Carb and intermittent fasting works for some people and others find it unsustainable. If it improves your performance, I don't see a problem with it.
Link to an interview with Tim Noakes below for any other nerds like me
https://180nutrition.com.au/exercise/prof-tim-noakes-the-exercise-carbohydrate-myth/

Shane Watson And a few other Aus cricketers consulted Tim Noakes recommended by the Aus cricket doc ( Peter Bruckner, I think), Watson swears by this now and says it made a huge difference to him.

Doc at Melbourne footy club is very Into low carb, especially for diabetics. Don’t think he’d be happy with Paddy drinking beer.

Remember G-Train at the start of his career was a skinny winger? Maybe Lonie ends up G sized.
latest

Good to see you giving Tom Jok a run, raw but a lot to like about him.

Has the athletic capabilities in spades & really started to show footy awareness towards the end of the VFL season.

Won the 3km time trial for 1st to 4th year players.

Be interesting to see how he goes against the other players. Geary trains all off season for this.

Some good nickname potential too.
Tom Jok = The Strap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dare you call me a spotty teenager, I'm a middle aged male with the sophistication of a rutting rhino that's got into a batch of fermented fruit! ( I am a Collingwood man lol)

I also love the Saints, I grew up a stones throw from Moorabbin & have had a few sessions with the great Robbie Muir. Well mainly he got drunk & tried to snot me. I also regularly put half doz dimmies behind the goals to give Plugger the nourishment he needed to kick bags of snags.

Since then I've met some tremendous Sanits fans on various threads.

Yours truly,

article-2677562-1F4D637B00000578-836_634x943.jpg
Your fault for looking like Dennis Collins

Ok I think I want Bailey Smith now

It was Lukosius, Max or Rankine. But Luko will be gone, Max is surplus to needs (especially if Paddy and Battle come on, Bruce comes back healthy and Roma keeps improving) and Smith has more substance to his game which I think we need over x factor right now (we have that with Billings, Gresh, Long, Lonie)

Leaves Smith as the obvious. It would be nice if we traded down for him as I think he would still be there at 6 or 7.

Last edited:
Max is surplus to needs (especially if Paddy and Battle come on, Bruce comes back healthy and Roma keeps improving)

Yeah, but there's significant question marks on Paddy (though I hope he makes it), Roma could be anything or nothing from here, Bruce is almost 27 and was in the twos when he got injured. Max could be better than all of them and would allow us to get some value out of Bruce by trading him to a contender.

That said, I wouldn't mind either of them.

If I recall correctly he fell in between Newnes and Webster in the 2011 draft. I think a lot us were keen to get him. Jwebb one of the rare late picks that paid off for us!
He never had a decent chance at the Crows, we played him as an outside mid but he didn’t have the pace and that’s when we did play him or he wasn’t the sub. Walsh was the only coach who backed him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back