2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have a massive crack at some of the Saints young players. Really try and go after Ross, Steven, Billings and the lot. St Kinda have not performed well at all this season and their rebuild is not going nearly as well as they hoped. Seems like a long shot but it would be great to try.

We should have a massive crack at some of the Saints young players. Really try and go after Ross, Steven, Billings and the lot. St Kinda have not performed well at all this season and their rebuild is not going nearly as well as they hoped. Seems like a long shot but it would be great to try.

I was thinking if Bruce was obtainable that he might be an upgrade on Walker

Just on this topic, if Wines were to head back to Vic what are the odds he ends up at the Hawks? Fairly high I reckon. Wines, Mitchell, O'Meara would be a nice midfield.
Wines will.be staying.
Heard him on radio & he said itl get done sooner rather than later... or something along those lines.

Wines will.be staying.
Heard him on radio & he said itl get done sooner rather than later... or something along those lines.

Until he signs anything is possible.( trades happening with seconds to go schache,buddy going to Gws then sydney come in with a last minute, huge offer to convince him to go to the swans instead) I am putting this out to everyone on this board. Bring your shovel there is going to be a working bee shoveling tons of cash in a huge dump truck. Ollie is A grade talent, and Ollie if you are out there reading this ,there is a massive truck hedaing your way. Think of your future ,our offer could set up up for life. I will even bring a few slabs of XXXX to our Queensland bro’s.

buddy going to Gws then sydney come in with a last minute, huge offer to convince him to go to the swans instead

This one at least was media vs reality - media thought he was going to GWS, but it came out after that he'd basically been dealing with Sydney as his target for about a year. However guys like Mitch Clark, Ryder and Deledio also ended up at a different club to the one they were initially expected to go to.

Until he signs anything is possible.( trades happening with seconds to go schache,buddy going to Gws then sydney come in with a last minute, huge offer to convince him to go to the swans instead) I am putting this out to everyone on this board. Bring your shovel there is going to be a working bee shoveling tons of cash in a huge dump truck. Ollie is A grade talent, and Ollie if you are out there reading this ,there is a massive truck hedaing your way. Think of your future ,our offer could set up up for life. I will even bring a few slabs of XXXX to our Queensland bro’s.
He said it on tv again that he was signing soon. He says it one more time & I'll make a Dodongo style testicle guarantee

So save your disgusting beer for someone that might actually shift clubs ;)

You were doing well till you suggested xxxx now he fuked off elsrwhere.

When I first started drinking that was the only beer I knew. How can XXXX still be in business, that stuff is vile

Same here. Not only was the only beer I knew, it was pretty much the only beer on tap at nearly every pub in Queensland.

It all changed when Expo came to town in 1988.

That's when a lot of beer drinkers began to wake up to the disgusting concoction that XXXX really is.

As to staying in business, mass advertising and years of sponsorship of the QLD SOO RL has kept its market penetration relatively high, especially in the bogan drinker sector

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said it on tv again that he was signing soon. He says it one more time & I'll make a Dodongo style testicle guarantee

So save your disgusting beer for someone that might actually shift clubs ;)

dodongo advises against that as dodongo learnt first hand that anything can happen but dodongo does agree with you. dodongo knows ollie will re-sign and stay with port powerpuffs

Jacob Hopper and Jordan De Goey should be our main targets this off season alongside Tom McDonald imo. Getting an experienced, ready to go, genuine key position swing man who is entering his prime like McDonald through free agency would be a great get for the club in addition to a gun midfielder ready to contribute from Round 1 next year in Hopper/De Goey.

Last edited:
Jacob Hopper and Jordan De Goey should be our main targets this off season alongside Tom McDonald imo. Getting an experienced, ready to go, genuine key position swing man who is entering his prime like McDonald through free agency would be a great get for the club in addition to a gun midfielder ready to contribute from Round 1 next year in Hopper/De Goey.
No hope we get McDonald, He has done the hard yards at Melbourne and they should make finals. I suggested exactly this a couple of years ago and try to get his brother as well, but I just can't see it happening.

Interested in why you would go after De Goey, he has had some off field issues.

No hope we get McDonald, He has done the hard yards at Melbourne and they should make finals. I suggested exactly this a couple of years ago and try to get his brother as well, but I just can't see it happening.

Interested in why you would go after De Goey, he has had some off field issues.

De Goey has a heap of talent and while he's made mistakes, a fresh start in a good culture outside of the fishbowl may be exactly what he needs.

De Goey has a heap of talent and while he's made mistakes, a fresh start in a good culture outside of the fishbowl may be exactly what he needs.
But those issues were from his draft year too, on paper he us exactly what we need, at one point I suggested we draft him. It's whether he wants to leave the fishbowl too.

But those issues were from his draft year too, on paper he us exactly what we need, at one point I suggested we draft him. It's whether he wants to leave the fishbowl too.

I reckon if he's serious about his football he will. Not necessarily to the Lions, but staying with the Pies would be silly and I get the feeling the Pies will be happy to trade him.

Those are the type of players we need. De Goey & McDonald is a slim chance to get to us. Jacob Hopper still contracted, so it will be very difficult to trade him in. Jeremy Finlayson (KPD) should be our top target, he's emerging as a quality player.

George Horlin-Smith from Geelong is an interesting one. Has always been the victim of a deep deep midfield.

Out of contract at the end of year, and is only 25. Might be looking for more opportunity and he is more than handy.

Wouldn’t cost much, if anything at all.

George Horlin-Smith from Geelong is an interesting one. Has always been the victim of a deep deep midfield.

Out of contract at the end of year, and is only 25. Might be looking for more opportunity and he is more than handy.

Should be playing Rugby Union with a name like that.

No, develop through draft. I am tired of seeing rejects come. Charlie Cameron is the only one of any value. Hodge is only short term.

We have plenty of depth and average midfielders, we need talent not rejects.

Doesn’t have any outstanding qualities unfortunately. Pretty average all rounder.

Should be playing Rugby Union with a name like that.

IIRC should have stuck with cricket. Was captain of the Australian under 19s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back