2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Aaron Vandenburg is coming off contract this year. Might be a cheap pickup if he recovers from his injuries. Could play the Tom Lynch (Adelaide) role for us. Is also strong around the contest.
Please explain how's he a better option than developing Wooler?

Please explain how's he a better option than developing Wooler?
What Jackass said. Mature bodied 27 year old with 20 odd games (but played like a 70 gamer) who would be dirt cheap. Would fill the gap while Wooler developed. Need to be confident about injuries though.

What Jackass said. Mature bodied 27 year old with 20 odd games (but played like a 70 gamer) who would be dirt cheap. Would fill the gap while Wooler developed. Need to be confident about injuries though.

Yeap, lets tie up a list spot in perhaps the most anticipated draft in 20 years for a player that will likely be de-listed by his club.

Lions Flag 2020 you liked the second post. Make up your mind.

Me, IMO we are past the list cloggers stage, and even if he is young, I would be playing Wooller.

I loved Brent Staker.
For a man who didn't play much since coming to the Lions, he would have pretty good highlight reel.

Stakes was one of my favourite players when he was on the list. Just couldn't get out on the park.

Glad he and Dan M are coaching the Women's team though - doing a great job.

Grab Wyllie Buzza while your at it
Was thinking this today. I reckon we need to look at those upper tier teams and start pilfering there players. They would certainly get a game with us, Joe Atley is a tough bugger and is one that comes to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Aaron Vandenburg is coming off contract this year. Might be a cheap pickup if he recovers from his injuries. Could play the Tom Lynch (Adelaide) role for us. Is also strong around the contest.
Watched him in finals last season n he was big n strong with good hands n quite mobile. Memory he may have kicked 3 goals in 1st quarter of a final.

Grab Wyllie Buzza while your at it

he was coming through our academy we did not rate him at all as we didn't put up his name to even potentially rookie him let alone take him in the draft. we need midfielders, small forwards and backflankers anyway not speculative ruck forwards

Does not meet our age bracket and would be a waste of a list spot on a younger player. We need to open the bank account and get an A grade talent in the right age bracket . No older than say 23 or 24 max.

Like Jansen, Walker, lisle, raines, mcguane, Clarke, schneider...

Quite a good list you have there .LOL Never played cards before but I think thats what they call a lay down misere.In fact I love it , great post.Still laughing what a cracker , might need some cheese. I hope this type of recruiting ended with these guys.

Last edited:
Like Jansen, Walker, lisle, raines, mcguane, Clarke, schneider...

I think you meant Buchanan instead of Schneider. Amusingly, I used to confuse them too.

You also forgot Ben Fixter.

Same happened with our fringe players - Carlton took premiership star Richard Hadley

Craig Bolton, Jason Gram, Brett Voss.

Richmond threw a fair bit of cash at Robert Copeland too.

we should really be looking to invest more in some state league players, there have again been a good few that have again come this year and made an immediate impact for round 1, and there have been quite a few in previous years, whilst all we have gotten in that time are players like Zac O'brien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back