2018 Trade Hypotheticals (opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ll take 5 and Collingwoods first plus Langdon as steak knives.

Neale more important than ever now.

As much as your club would probably want to do right by Dayne, I don't think you should accept their first round pick for him.

Their window is open which can make teams do stupid things. Not to mention how they tried to bend you over last time. Wanting to look after players is one thing, but clubs should only treat other clubs well that have done the same to them at the trade table. Collingwood certainly haven't to you.

Spare me that bullshit. Tried to bend them over? Beams in 2015 was one of the top mids in the game and only 25 years old.

Even then, we were mocked on both boards for losing that trade at the time.

It’s basically taken until this year for us to be seen to have “won” that trade. Let’s not forget the Aish situation too.

What makes this post even more amusing is it’s coming from a swans supporter. A club that has repeatedly dudded us in trades for the better part of 15 years.

Either way, Beams will be staying in Brisbane because we have more pressing matters to attend to and won’t be able to cough up what Brisbane will no doubt be demanding.

If it’s legit I’m thinking a 3 way trade

Saints: pick #18
Pies: Beams
Lions: Seb Ross, pick #36

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then we can package two of picks in the 30’s to move up the order to help the Neale trade

If it’s legit I’m thinking a 3 way trade

Saints: pick #18
Pies: Beams
Lions: Seb Ross, pick #36

No way that gets it done. Brisbane will want better.

Collingwood
Lose - Pick 18, Josh Thomas.
Gain - Beams

Brisbane
Lose - Beams
Gain - Pick 18, Josh Thomas
——————————————-

Adelaide
Lose - Pick 8, 16 and 2019 Third Round.
Gain - Picks 5, 32, Lions 2019 Third Round and Sam Mayes.

Brisbane
Lose - Pick 5, 32, 2019 Third Round and Sam Mayes.
Gain - Picks 8, 16, Adelaide 2019 Third Round
—————————————

Fremantle
Lose - Lachie Neale
Gain - Lions 2019 First and Pick 18.

Lions
Lose - 2019 First and Pick 18.

Lions Net Result:

Loss - Beams, Pick 5, 2019 First, Pick 18, 32, 41, 2019 Third Rounder and Sam Mayes.

Gaine - Neale, Pick 8, Pick 16, Josh Thomas and Adelaide 2019 Third Rounder.
————————————

Players in: Neale and Thomas.
Taken to the draft: 8, 16, 41, 44, 55.

Probably mistakes left right and centre. Only spent 10 minutes on it.

Collingwood
Lose - Pick 18, Josh Thomas.
Gain - Beams

Brisbane
Lose - Beams
Gain - Pick 18, Josh Thomas
——————————————-

Adelaide
Lose - Pick 8, 16 and 2019 Third Round.
Gain - Picks 5, 32, Lions 2019 Third Round and Sam Mayes.

Brisbane
Lose - Pick 5, 32, 2019 Third Round and Sam Mayes.
Gain - Picks 8, 16, Adelaide 2019 Third Round
—————————————

Fremantle
Lose - Lachie Neale
Gain - Lions 2019 First and Pick 18.

Lions
Lose - 2019 First and Pick 18.

Lions Net Result:

Loss - Beams, Pick 5, 2019 First, Pick 18, 32, 41, 2019 Third Rounder and Sam Mayes.

Gaine - Neale, Pick 8, Pick 16, Josh Thomas and Adelaide 2019 Third Rounder.
————————————

Players in: Neale and Thomas.
Taken to the draft: 8, 16, 41, 44, 55.

Probably mistakes left right and centre. Only spent 10 minutes on it.

Even though I like your thinking does josh Thomas really fill a need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only possible way I see it getting done and it’s a massive maybe, is:

Collingwood get Sydney’s second pick this year or a future first or second for Langdon.

We then package that pick up with our future first next year with Josh thomas and Oxley or Smith for Beams and your second rounder from this year.

It was a similar situation to the one you find yourselves in with Langdon at the moment

Jack Crisp had played 18 games over three years, Langdon is on 80 after 5....

In his most prolific game for the Lions, Crisp had 22 possessions. Playing as a defender Langdon had 24 in his first game at the Pies.....

In his last game for the Lions Crisp played in a team that lost to Geelong by ten goals, Langdon's last game was a five point loss in the GF playing as an undersized defender

Bloody identical!

Jack Crisp had played 18 games over three years, Langdon is on 80 after 5....

In his most prolific game for the Lions, Crisp had 22 possessions. Playing as a defender Langdon had 24 in his first game at the Pies.....

In his last game for the Lions Crisp played in a team that lost to Geelong by ten goals, Langdon's last game was a five point loss in the GF playing as an undersized defender

Bloody identical!

Nope we didn't have him as a high enough priority for contract discussions and didn't make him an offer until after the season. So he looked elsewhere.

If we're dealing with Collingwood supporters again I guess we have to get used to explaining stuff to idiots

Just trying to keep facts straight, at the time Crisp wasn't even steak knives, he was those disposable wooden chopsticks

So what you're saying is that Collingwood developed Crisp into the gun midfielder he is today?

Please. Lions knew he was quite talented, but he said he was moving down to Victoria anyway. So we included him in the Beams deal as steak knives.

Even though I like your thinking does josh Thomas really fill a need

His coming of a very good year and would be best 22. Christensen will move to the backline and Taylor needs to lift.

Just trying to keep facts straight, at the time Crisp wasn't even steak knives, he was those disposable wooden chopsticks

Crisp was actually playing some good senior football. Albeit for not long but he finished the season strongly and showed plenty of potential. He was hardly disposable wooden chopsticks.

Collingwood supporters were harsh on Crisp at the time who they had clearly not seen play. We rated him.

Nope we didn't have him as a high enough priority for contract discussions and didn't make him an offer until after the season. So he looked elsewhere.

If we're dealing with Collingwood supporters again I guess we have to get used to explaining stuff to idiots

So he couldn't get a game or a contract at one of the worst clubs going around but you definitely wanted to keep him... sounds legit.

But I guess you did have to prioritise guns like Jaden McGrath, Hugh Beasley, Billy Evans and the like

So he couldn't get a game or a contract at one of the worst clubs going around but you definitely wanted to keep him... sounds legit.

But I guess you did have to prioritise guns like Jaden McGrath, Hugh Beasley, Billy Evans and the like

He was playing senior football in the year he requested a trade. We did offer him a contract.

Now you're just trolling. Legitimately * off.

One good season with a generous draw and you're all back in droves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back