Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Like moths to a flame......

Who did all the hard work ?? Oh that's right the other guy who didnt make the squad. Troisi scores a tap in with the keeper on the deck.

Tell me who was the bigger hero in 2005 ?? The guy who saved 2 penalties or the guy who kicked the goal
I don’t care whether he was picked or not but he clearly wasn’t forgettable.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I don’t care whether he was picked or not but he clearly wasn’t forgettable.
I said largely.

Yeah he scored the goal, but the goal was Juric's. I remember him splitting the Korean defence in half on the touchline and getting a ball in.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Troisi showed his true worth. Scored a goal, luckily, for Melbourne as an Australian to stick it in to the manager? When they just loss.
Yeah I’m happy he didn’t make the trip. Selfish and not appropriate given what happened the night before. Keep that stuff to your chest and get over it. But no he chose an Ego stroking time to do it. He had his moment in 2015. Be grateful for that.

Troisi showed his true worth. Scored a goal, luckily, for Melbourne as an Australian to stick it in to the manager? When they just loss.
Yeah I’m happy he didn’t make the trip. Selfish and not appropriate given what happened the night before. Keep that stuff to your chest and get over it. But no he chose an Ego stroking time to do it. He had his moment in 2015. Be grateful for that.

1. How was it lucky? It was an excellent bit of lead up play and he was in the perfect spot to get the shot off.

2. Do you really think that any player goes out there thinking "normally I don't care if I score, but today I'm going to just so I can shove it up Arnold." If you think that you don't know anything about sport.

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Being memorable might be a bit overrated. Pretty sure Kruse will be a memorable player of this era but not for any really good reason.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
2. Do you really think that any player goes out there thinking "normally I don't care if I score, but today I'm going to just so I can shove it up Arnold." If you think that you don't know anything about sport.

What a huge exaggeration. There was no suggestion there that James usually doesn't want to score. In fact I'm sure he wants to score as often as possible, and shove it to the national side if he feels so inclined.

Nobody is comparing Troisi to Leo Messi ffs now you're just being a total flog. Besides you are missing the whole point. My arrgument isn't whether Troisi would have made a differance that's irrelevant like I've mentioned in a previous post. Its the fact that Arnold's dire squad selections didn't amount to anything for the Socceroos and it gave Troisi the opportunity to show who's having the last laugh.

The idea that well Troisi kicked a goal for his club so Vucks can have the last laugh over our national teams performance at an international tournament, is almost embarrassing. End of story

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
What a huge exaggeration. There was no suggestion there that James usually doesn't want to score. In fact I'm sure he wants to score as often as possible, and shove it to the national side if he feels so inclined.

The idea that well Troisi kicked a goal for his club so Vucks can have the last laugh over our national teams performance at an international tournament, is almost embarrassing. End of story

I said Troisi is having the last laugh not Vuck fans you idiot. I’m bloody dissappointed at what happen in the Asian Cup, Arnold is a flog, the selections of his favourites really backfired on him and the Socceroos are in a real dire situation. It’s gonna be a hard slog qualifying for Qatar.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I remember many moons ago Warren Tredrea did a similar celebration and was absolutely smashed for it by all and sundry.

But now it's fine.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I said Troisi is having the last laugh not Vuck fans you idiot. I’m bloody dissappointed at what happen in the Asian Cup, Arnold is a flog, the selections of his favourites really backfired on him and the Socceroos are in a real dire situation. It’s gonna be a hard slog qualifying for Qatar.
Other than Milligan and Grant, who of his favourites actually played ?? I mean Kruse perhaps, but for some reason every manager we have had has loved the bloke.

It was more his tactics than his selections that failed us.

I mean he did also have 4 of his best attackers missing for the tournament.

That's not to say hes the right bloke for it, he clearly isnt.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now getting abusive and pedantic, nice! At least we agree it's a dire situation at hand

Really? Cos this is what the post I quoted said:

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Guaranteed Troisi wouldn't have scored if the Socceroos had have won. He set out to deliberately score purely to rub it in the national teams face, I heard from a good source he'd been practicing this celebration all week at training.

Just shows the character of the guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back