Competitions 2019 AFL Draft Closest to the Pin..... Can you do a Wellsy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revised prediction -

Trade 10 with Carlton for 14 and 24

10 - McAsey
17 - Georgiades
36 - Gould
92 - Perez

I'm sticking with my November 1 prediction, though there seems to be plenty of media about McAsey sparking Geelong's interest. Given Wells indicated he had a player in mind, maybe you got the first pick right here....

It looks like if Geelong doesn't take Worrell with its first pick, Port Adelaide will take it two picks later. Would you guys rather get a good defender in Worrell, or take a gamble on Kemp and possibly get Sam De Koning as a defender instead? I'm really intrigued by this
I'm hoping for Robertson tbh...
I'd rather Worrell over De Koning.
I don't know about Kemp, sounds way too risky. If he slid to Pick 24, then maybe, but this is very unlikely. He will be gone Top 20 for sure.

I'm hoping for Robertson tbh...
I'd rather Worrell over De Koning.
I don't know about Kemp, sounds way too risky. If he slid to Pick 24, then maybe, but this is very unlikely. He will be gone Top 20 for sure.
Robertson..Kemp... Im not fussed ..honestly. Bergman is one id like to find his way to Geelong. \ Worrell and Dekoning are two different types .. so that will be interesting.
Really Im just optimistic we will get 4 additions that will thicken up our youth stocks..

I quite liked most of the names that Twomey linked us to in today's article.

Sam Ramsay looks like he has very good pace, attacks the ball at speed, and nice left foot. He has no right foot at all though. Was Ramsay invited or test at the combine? Because his speed looks quite a bit more than his competitors on his clips...

Robertson..Kemp... Im not fussed ..honestly. Bergman is one id like to find his way to Geelong. \ Worrell and Dekoning are two different types .. so that will be interesting.
Really Im just optimistic we will get 4 additions that will thicken up our youth stocks..

Me either...I like what Robertson brings to the table. There is some questions, apparently, over his delivery but I liked the vision of him, and his interview was very impressive.

A future captain of the side who gets him I would suggest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to think something like this:

14 - D Stephens/Robertson/Worrell - One of these that slide.
17 - Worrell/Gould/Bergman/Sharp - Whoever is left in that order
24 - Sharp/Taheny/C Stephens/Rantall - Whoever is left in that order
36 - Taheny/Georgiades/Comben/N Bryan/Shoenberg - Whoever is left in that order.
What I actually think:
14 - Worrell
17 - Gould
24 - Sharp
36 - Comben

Rookie - Reid Kuller
14 - Robertson or Kemp. Won't be anything else.
17 - Gould
24 - Sharp
36 - Taheny or Georgiades
* Rookie a ruck.

Pick 14 JEREMY SHARP
Pick 17 COOPER STEPHENS
Pick 24 MILES BERGMAN
Pick 36 SAM DE KONING

I’ll likely edit this 100 times before draft night.
My first edit before next week (I’ll do one more on the eve of the draft):

Pick 14 DEVEN ROBERTSON
Pick 17 SAM DE KONING
Pick 24 HARRY SCHOENBERG
Pick 36 CAMERON TAHENY
v3.0 before my final edit the day prior to the draft (picks shown after trading and academy bids):

Pick 8 DEVEN ROBERTSON
Pick 18 TRENT RIVERS
Pick 38 MITCH O'NEILL

Final go at it. Don't think we'll trade up now after hearing Wells speak on AFL.com.au:

Pick 14 BRODIE KEMP
Pick 17 TRENT RIVERS
Pick 24 MITCH GEORGIADES
Pick 36 JOSH MORRIS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back