List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

King over Rozee would have been fine....until King requested a trade back to Victoria at the end of 2020 and we all wonder why we didn't pick Rozee.
So can we lock in that you think Ben King will ask Gold Coast for a trade at the end of 2020?

I mean I get the argument but I dunno, maybe at some point you back yourself in to keep the player

King over Rozee would have been fine....until King requested a trade back to Victoria at the end of 2020 and we all wonder why we didn't pick Rozee.
Or we would have kept him. And also would have lured back one of the 4 SA kids with picks in a weaker draft, and still get all the guys we are locked into through f/s and NGA.

People seriously saying we shouldn't of picked up rozee fair out I know there has been some s**t talked on this board lately but this takes the cake FFS.
He can turn out to be an all time great of the club like Robbie but if we are still kicking long to nobody it won’t bring us much success.

So can we lock in that you think Ben King will ask Gold Coast for a trade at the end of 2020?

I mean I get the argument but I dunno, maybe at some point you back yourself in to keep the player

I think the King brothers provided significant risk that we shouldn't have worried about it, especially with elite SA guys to pick too.

I think King will absolutely be asking for a trade at the end of next year.

We really need a forward with our first pick. Maybe someone who can go into the midfield later like Serong, Flanders, Stephens or Henry- but we need class around the goals.
We also need a tall defender who isn't a pick 5000 or rookie project.

We really need a forward with our first pick. Maybe someone who can go into the midfield later like Serong, Flanders, Stephens or Henry- but we need class around the goals.

Henry is Freo linked.

If Flanders, Stephens and Gould are gone, I wouldnt mind Taylor as a bolter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not that good at either end lets be honest, Clurey is the best we have & Jonas is a bum.

Sure they arent Haynes and Davis but Clurey and Jonas are fine full backs. Really we just need a more athletic 3rd defensive tall (see what Darcy Moore did this year) and more pressure on opposition midfielders at times to have a really strong defence. Hopefully Watts recovers well and can pick up that role, otherwise we'll need to try other options there.

Sure they arent Haynes and Davis but Clurey and Jonas are fine full backs. Really we just need a more athletic 3rd defensive tall (see what Darcy Moore did this year) and more pressure on opposition midfielders at times to have a really strong defence. Hopefully Watts recovers well and can pick up that role, otherwise we'll need to try other options there.
It's workman like down there and they don't cope under heat that well I'm thinking longer term tbh our KPD depth is thin.

Here is my top 30 - Power Rankings not a Phantom draft needs haven't come into it
1 Noah Anderson
2 Matthew Rowell
3 Brodie Kemp
4 Tom Green
5 Hayden Young
6 Dylan Stephens
7 Caleb Serong
8 Liam Henry
9 Luke Jackson
10 Lachie Ash
11 Sam Flanders
12 Will Gould
13 Trent Bianco
14 Fischer McAsey
15 Trent Rivers
16 Josh Worrell
17 Elijah Taylor
18 Kysaiah Pickett
19 Mitch O’Neil
20 Dylan Williams
21 Jeremey Sharp
22 Will Day
23 Sam De Koning
24 Finn Maginness
25 Cody Weightman
26 Deven Robertson
27 Miles Bergman
28 Ryan Byrnes
29 Jackson Mead
30 Cooper Stephens

The mini groups i've got are
Top 2, then the next 10 are pretty even, followed by the next 6, then its bloody hard to split the next 19 and i've got currently 33 after than who i think might be drafted/i think they could have a chance at an AFL career

Last edited:
Stephens has really rised in alot of people's eyes was he that good in the SANFL finals?

Bianco is probably the guy I least want with our first pick. He’d be great value in the 40’s but he’s too small and not damaging enough for mine.

Yeah im not big on Bianco. He looks like he should be a silky skilled quarterback/wing, but he really struggles to use the ball under any sort of pressure.

Yeah im not big on Bianco. He looks like he should be a silky skilled quarterback/wing, but he really struggles to use the ball under any sort of pressure.
Contested pressure I don't agree I think there is potential for a contested midfielder but with Anderson and Rowell in the same nab team he has been starved of opportunities and pushed to back flank what doesn't suit his game. When he has had some time to use it and then gets pressured I think is when his ball skills drop

So Port have pick ten now. With Dougal seemingly being shopped about, it is very likely we are looking at McAsey / Worrell. Fair enough i suppose.

Gold Coast can pre select Connor Budarick, Hewago Oea and Malcolm Rosas. Given a pretty weak draft with the bulk of overagers already taken in the pre-season and mid season, late picks are going to be worth jack apart from points. Luckily we have lots of them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back