List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Nope. SANFL totals includes preseason games as well as premiership points and finals games. Its why Peter Carey averages 25 games a year when he didn't play 3 finals every year for 18 or 19 years.

Borlase's adjusted total is less than 200 games.

Phooey. I thought they had just gotten rid of that rule altogether which was why he wasn't eligible.

Oh well.

Wasn't the issue with Ross and Bryce Gibbs that the AFL only counted senior games as 'games played' whereas the SANFL counted preseason games, so the games played tallies were inconsistent? Maybe it's a similar thing with Borlase. Plus he played until '98, so any games played after '96 definitely don't count.
Combo of both. He played in 1997 and 1998 as well as in preseason series games between 1985 and 1996, so his eligible games total could be as low as about 175 in his total SANFL/Club recognized 246 games.

Combo of both. He played in 1997 and 1998 as well as in preseason series games between 1985 and 1996, so his eligible games total could be as low as about 175 in his total SANFL/Club recognized 246 games.

177 according to the AFL.

Must have been injured a fair bit.

177 according to the AFL.

Must have been injured a fair bit.
Yep he missed 4 flags 1988-90+95 as well as about 90 games between 11 seasons 1986-1996 after only playing 3 games in his debut season in 1985. Port played at least 24 games in every season 1986-1996 except 1991 when only played 1st week of finals and 23 games.

Aug 16, 2009
Latvia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Yep he missed 4 flags 1988-90+95 as well as about 90 games between 11 seasons 1986-1996 after only playing 3 games in his debut season in 1985. Port played at least 24 games in every season 1986-1996 except 1991 when only played 1st week of finals and 23 games.

Excuse the ignorance here, but why then couldn't we get him as a NGA player ?? Did we fall asleep at the wheel, or just not eligible for us ??

Excuse the ignorance here, but why then couldn't we get him as a NGA player ?? Did we fall asleep at the wheel, or just not eligible for us ??

He's in Adelaides zone. We had no access to him.

He doesn't live in the SANFL metro zones we are allocated to ie WWT, WA, SA and Norwood.

He lives in Sturt's zone, but IIRC from when I looked at this last year, if he lived about 1.5km to the west of his current home, he would have been in the Westies zone and therefore qualified for us.

Sounds like the Borlases have a very nice home and its not a simple shift across the road.

Aug 16, 2009
Latvia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
He's in Adelaides zone. We had no access to him.
He doesn't live in the SANFL metro zones we are allocated to ie WWT, WA, SA and Norwood.

He lives in Sturt's zone, but IIRC from when I looked at this last year, if he lived about 1.5km to the west of his current home, he would have been in the Westies zone and therefore qualified for us.

Sounds like the Borlases have a very nice home and its not a simple shift across the road.

Yep - Figured as much. Just wasn't completely sure if it was first in, best dressed.

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thoughts on skipping the KPDs in the first round and trading into the third round to pick up a Hilder/Finlay type?

Does

Stephens/Gould, Taheney, Mead & Finlay

look better than

McAasey, Gould/Taheny, Mead & some scrub at pick 65ish

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cats want to trade picks to get access to a key forward + ruckman but have also said there are only a few in the whole draft. Any key forwards from the state leagues (>193cm) should get at least a rookie spot.

I've only seen a little bit of Pickett. Not convinced, seems to fumble a bit. Clean hands are vital for a small forward. Reminds me a bit of Simon Phillips (but not that bad).

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
Thoughts on skipping the KPDs in the first round and trading into the third round to pick up a Hilder/Finlay type?

Does

Stephens/Gould, Taheney, Mead & Finlay

look better than

McAasey, Gould/Taheny, Mead & some scrub at pick 65ish
We should definitely trade into the 3rd round but it would have to wait until the Mead bid.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pickett would be very risky.
I'd be more than happy.

I feel like he is going to have an immediate impact and he knows where the goals are.

Aside from all the issues I have with a 170cm guy who makes Jake Neade look like a ball magnet, kossie is the guy you pick up in the 3rd - rookie draft.

Sorry, kossie is the guy you pick up in the 3rd round to rookie draft in any draft, because they will always be there.

To trade out Howard, downgrade our first and take kossie would be the dumbest thing any club has ever done.

Surely games are being played here.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
So if a bid comes for Mead at, say, 28 can we-

ask for 4 minutes to decide whether to match
make a trade for lower picks at that point (say 29 for 33 and 39)
use 33 to match
keep 39?

Can you trade out your next pick within the 4 minutes allowed as thinking time for matching?

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
Cats want to trade picks to get access to a key forward + ruckman but have also said there are only a few in the whole draft. Any key forwards from the state leagues (>193cm) should get at least a rookie spot.
14, 17 & 24 for 12, 18 & 29

Gives them equivalent of pick 68 extra but we also definitely get a pick before Mead. They must be after Jackson and Worrell.

Back