Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the club Fisher,
Our first pick in the top 6 and I honestly believe we have nailed it. In two years we will be seeing Fog and McAsey being the best one two forward combo in the comp. I know that he is projected as a kpd but everything I see screems forward to me . He moves beautifully, he is fearless and he marks the ball cleanly at its highest point. Added to that he has a pure kicking action, is naturally attacking by nature and hits packs, and with Doedee being our being our intercept defender, key forward is his calling.
Stephens was the only other option and with him going at 5 and with the great midfield options still available tomorrow I am really stocked with this pick and with the direction we seem to be taking. Only disappointment for me is Cooper Stephens going early.

He sounds the same in his pre draft interview. Monotone. Seems like a decent guy.

Just on his kicking. There was one highlight where he was running in for a shot on goal and it looked like he was going to kick on his left? Thought it was an odd style.

From what I can see from his interviews.. he seems to want to play forward even though he's been playing back... any chance he plays rnd 1?
Yeah this, specifically said in his AFC website interview that he’d love to learn off key defenders AND forwards after being asked about being mentored by Talia and Doedee... think swingman is definitely in the back of his mind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also who gives a damn about how "happy" they look. Lever looked super happy.
Yup. Pretty much all the Victorian boys have said they were upset or cried about having to move interstate away from home. Some stayed long term, some leave. Just have to pick best available and hope it works out.

Love that video from Nicks with his parents, massive having a coach who has gone through the same thing as Fischer in moving away from home at a young age. His parents didn’t seem too fussed about him moving either.

That's a helluva lot better than Brett ****ing Burton being the one to do the meet and greet.

The body language thing is bullsh!t. It wouldn’t have been a surprise to McAsey he was coming to us, so why do people think he is suddenly disappointed when what he’s known for a week gets called out?
Didnt you know this board is chock full of body language experts and mind readers?

Back