Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s play the hypothetical game ....
Swans give 4 and whatever else ...for JD

Now let’s say we got four and something in the 20s
Now let’s say we package 4 and 10 and get 2 and 18 back
Now let’s say we get Anderson at 2 , Finn at 18 and still have a pick in the 20s and our at 30 .
Now let’s say ya use ya 3rd rdr on Frost and ya 5th on Pattern.
So Hypothetically you lose Gunna and gain ...
4 kids inside 30 from this draft ( the draft is as good as it gets up to 30-35)
Patton
Frost

If JD walks what would Essendon give for a key fwd while their in the window ..
🤔
In their window! :tearsofjoy:

That's gold!

I've got more chance of winning a flag in the next 5 years than they do!

In saying that, it's important that they think they're in their window or they might change some stuff & accidentally get better.

I wouldn’t want to trade Gunston just for the sake of it, but if he was to be open to joining Gold Coast then I reckon they’d cough up a lot to get that trade deal done quickly before anyone changed their mind or another club tried to swoop in. I’m talking pick 1.

It may take a little more on our side but Gold Coast are crying out for some genuine, experienced leaders to drive a culture change at their club. The fact they were willing to offer Burgoyne (who will be 37 in 5 weeks) a 2 year playing contract on some apparently decent money is testament to that.

I reckon the Suns would put the captaincy and a 6 year, $6M deal in front Gunners to get him across.

He was a key part of the threepeat, stood up in finals, and has been in the Hawthorn leadership group and VC. He’s a great role model, works hard, and can play (and lead) all over the ground. He’s very experienced but is also young enough to still have plenty of great footy left in him.

He’d be a huge loss to us, but if it enabled us to obtain pick 1 / Noah Anderson without having to give up much/anything else then that’s something worth considering.
It would take pick 10 & Gunston to get pick 1. I'd do it but I'd expect at least a 3rd rounder back which we could use to secure Finn.

Gunston on board actually eased the pIn of buddy leaving. Gunston more reliable at the time
It wasn't just Gunston mate. Our whole forward line was a perfectly oiled machine that didn't need one guy firing.

Gunston, Roughie, Cyril, Breust, Poppy. Then we had Hodge, BB, Hale, Smith, Lewis and Silk rotate through there.

We beat 3 of the top 4 teams with our best mid sitting in the stands.

“We are middle of the road at best” is crap.

If Gunston goes it will be to bring in someone exciting, of which most here will be pretty excited.
Our frwd line has been a mess since 2017 though! And Gunner has still contributed 100 goals in that time playing 30% of that time as a utility!
O’Brien and Lewis were good but no way are we going into battle relying on those 2 as our main focus points in the near future, Gunston leaving can’t improve us imo and it’s only my opinion but I’m gonna stick by it till proven otherwise.

Our frwd line has been a mess since 2017 though! And Gunner has still contributed 100 goals in that time playing 30% of that time as a utility!
O’Brien and Lewis were good but no way are we going into battle relying on those 2 as our main focus points in the near future, Gunston leaving can’t improve us imo and it’s only my opinion but I’m gonna stick by it till proven otherwise.
We will have more then just Lewis next year. Patton is coming.

O’brien likely to be back and forward too.

Now let’s say we get Anderson at 2 , Finn at 18 and still have a pick in the 20s and our at 30 .
Patton
Frost
Swans aren’t giving up pick 4 for JD Dash and rightly so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to trade in another Gunston type! Would be absolutely fantastic to have 2 of that type of player, one stays frwd and kicks Fitty goals and the other plays up the ground and picks 20 odd possies as a link man!
And yet here we are, we have posters who ‘believe ‘ it’s a great idea to give up one!

We need to trade in another Gunston type! Would be absolutely fantastic to have 2 of that type of player, one stays frwd and kicks Fitty goals and the other plays up the ground and picks 20 odd possies as a link man!
And yet here we are, we have posters who ‘believe ‘ it’s a great idea to give up one!
O’Brien is our new Gunston type.

Also, weve had two club players, but have there been any three club players?

I can only think of spider, jed anderson, spangher, Cheney. Its quite rare ( in relation to gunston)
Guerra. And if you count players who returned to their original club you can add Croad, Salmon and Aaron Lord. Alas Brad Hill seems destined not to join that group.

Like Walker and Ross.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can see why Gunston may be expandable up forward with Lewis Patton and OBrien up forward next year but unless we get a deal which nets us something unbelievable (ala trading Croad to Freo to get Hodge / Mitchell) I wouldn’t be giving up Gunston. Think he would thrive as a swing man starting down back in 2020. With it very much being a zone defence these days he would thrive down back and could rotate with Timmy up forward.
Can’t see why he is being spoken as trade bait

Patton
Frost

U has us till frost

Patton
Frost

I certainly don’t want to stir the pot... how good is that thinking with the next 5+years of high end talent covered & the flexibility to cherry pick additions to the club.
I’m still of the view that it is this trade period or the boat will sail & it will be a looooong way back outside of 1-2 years of being competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back