Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we just maybe take a small step back to move forward getting a new coach I personally get the pick 5 for hill pick 20 for Langdon we will already have pick 6-7 maybe trade that for a couple higher picks and then go to draft get some good wa kids and just re structure the team next yr to cover I'd put Wilson on the wing quick and can kick long into forward line could even put Sonny on other wing so he not getting battered week in week out in the guts and play blacky cerra and Brayshaw more in guts and not worry about Kelly coming here unless he really wants to I'm sick of player coming just for money he won't play the same be a dud for us just breed our own go to draft and who knows pick up a gem that can come straight in and play

Yikes this makes alot of sense - JLo is that you?

Hopefully we can re-sign Tucker. It’s strange - every time he’s mentioned it’s in an article saying he’s about to re-sign yet he still hasn’t.
Just got the keys to his new Dale Alcock home, he's not going anywhere! Probably just waiting for the Hill/Langdon stuff to evolve, he'll be worth more if they go!

Its going to be a tuff few months, leading to another few average years. Rumours will come thick and fast.

We can not afford to lose Darcy, and both wingers Hill and Langdon.

I hope we have plenty of cash can Bell and Fyfe can sell hope.

What's with all the references to Brisbane lately?

They have spent 10 years in the wilderness stocking up on draft picks. We have had no where near the access to talent that they have had, changing the coach is not going to bring an immediate bounce up the ladder.

What's with all the references to Brisbane lately?

They have spent 10 years in the wilderness stocking up on draft picks. We have had no where near the access to talent that they have had, changing the coach is not going to bring an immediate bounce up the ladder.

I've said this elsewhere but they are the poster boys for how you turn the momentum of the club around. At one stage they were seen as Gold Coast-like with nobody wanting to stay there.

They lost Elliot Yeo, Sam Docherty, Billy Longer, Patrick Karnezis, Matthew Leuenberger, Tom Rockliff, Sam Mayes and Jack Redden. Some of those guys didn't turn out but as far as a culture where no one wanted to be there, they had it.

Because of this they had to start and re-start their rebuild a few times (i.e. like it looks like we might have to do).

Saying that they have been rebuilding for years minimises what they have done recently. They have done it better than us in the last few years.

It doesn't mean we should be ahead of them in the rebuild or that its a melt towards the club but it does mean we should look to learn from what they did.

Haha we are getting pretty damn greedy around here. There is no way we turn Hill into Kelly AND change, that would be outrageous. Kelly is worth pick 5 everyday of the week
I’d rather have hill then Kelly personally
There’s lots of players who play two good years sign a fat contract and disappear

I’d rather have hill then Kelly personally
There’s lots of players who play two good years sign a fat contract and disappear
That's fine, you can prefer Hill but we have to recognise he is leaving sometime in the next few years.

Trading Hill for an AA mid in his prime is as good as we'll get.

I doubt Kelly goes backwards next year, if he does, its a blight on us, not him.

That's fine, you can prefer Hill but we have to recognise he is leaving sometime in the next few years.

I doubt Kelly goes backwards next year, if he does, its a blight on us, not him.
And makes West coast stronger

This = bad

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

For sure I’m just saying that expecting and asking for change aswell is not greedy hill has two years on his contract losing sandy ballas hill Langdon of the books we can offer t Kelly an unmatched contract in the preseason draft
Cap space is tight for suns and swans dees would have near to no space and carlton and saints will be spending all there’s on All the others that want to go play in vic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure I’m just saying that expecting and asking for change aswell is not greedy hill has two years on his contract losing sandy ballas hill Langdon of the books we can offer t Kelly an unmatched contract in the preseason draft
Cap space is tight for suns and swans dees would have near to no space and carlton and saints will be spending all there’s on All the others that want to go play in vic
I get that, I can guarantee we wont get Kelly and change though. That's not how these things work. Kelly will be more highly valued in clubland as a player who can win his own ball. Its just how these things work. I agree, the 2 year contract gives us power, which is why, if we can turn Hill into a more valued player (Kelly), we'll do it.

If you are expecting Kelly and change, you will be disappointed

Matera? I'd say his run in form during the first half of the season attracted some interest from other clubs to ask the question.

I get that, I can guarantee we wont get Kelly and change though. That's not how these things work. Kelly will be more highly valued in clubland as a player who can win his own ball. Its just how these things work. I agree, the 2 year contract gives us power, which is why, if we can turn Hill into a more valued player (Kelly), we'll do it.

who says his going to Geelong there’s a few other vic clubs that need run not ball winners which will pay the club an hilly a lot more then we on trade the money and keep the change

I am not big on losing Hill and Langdon for draft picks and getting untried 18 year olds while Fyfe, Mundy and Walters are in their last few years. With Hill and Langdon gone we will have a hell of a lot of cards to play to get Kelly and another best 22 player. Our ruck stocks are not good if we depend purely on Darcy with Lobb as back up. I would also give Paddy Ryder 2 years and let Lobb play FF unless Paddy or Sean go down injured. 2 years is our window while we have Fyfe and Walters.

Don’t give to much thought to the Darcy or Matera rumours. Ralphy brought up Cerra too.
Journos are literally just naming everyone to see what sticks
Not worth giving any thought to Ralphy at all. Talking out of his a...

Interested to see what happens with SHill though.

At this stage it will BHill and Langdon gone, possibly SHill but he may stay.

We didn’t see Shane Kersten or HB at all this year and bugger all last year.

Sandilands barely played the last two years and Ballas is cooked and missed a bit last and only played 3 games this year.

Between SHill, Sandilands, Ballas, HB and Kersten you’d be struggling to get 30 games in total over the past 2-years and about 11 in 2019. So no major loss. Add in a couple more like North and Scott Jones (or Meek) and they too haven’t played any football in 2019.

Langdon and BHill are best 22 and key components of our side but we will be well compensated - likely early first and early second round picks.

Everyone is making out that if we don’t get Tim Kelly it is a massive bust. There are heaps of other players out on the market (many we wouldn’t even know about).

Time for some fresh change and some incoming youthful well rated and early draft picks will be good balanced out with some good experienced players more in the quality of Hamling/Conca/BHill/Lobb rather than Colyer/Sylvia/Kersten/McCarthy types and avoid these injury speculative types like Hogan/HB/Gumbleton. Matera has been a pass as well.

Hopefully Hogan and McCarthy can elevate themselves to join the first bracket with much improved seasons with both form, fitness and injury. Also Colyer has a much better 2020 much like Matera in 2019 who was bog ordinary last year.

Last edited:
Don’t give to much thought to the Darcy or Matera rumours. Ralphy brought up Cerra too.
Journos are literally just naming everyone to see what sticks
Exactly this. I mean, I don't remotely rate journalists anyway, but we are currently the easiest of pickings. Anything they say will seem plausible to the average punter and we know there is zero accountability in the industry.

Exactly this. I mean, I don't remotely rate journalists anyway, but we are currently the easiest of pickings. Anything they say will seem plausible to the average punter and we know there is zero accountability in the industry.
An unstable environment creates that, and with Coach and CEO out the door, plus a list manager under fire, most assistants unsigned and a S&C group apparently under review, we have an unstable environment. Volatile even. The next step is that the scavengers come looking for bits and pieces, and sometimes they find something. Especially if the key person, Bell, is distracted by the business of sticking his fingers in all the leaky bits of the ship. We are vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back