Play Nice 2019 Non AFL Admin, Crowds, Ratings, Participation etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The way the FFA run the shop, stay the same.

How is it the FFA's fault nobody is turning up?

I tell you what though, there were barely 1000 people at the brisbane sydney semi final. Apparently the stadium has 7K seats but it didn't look like 15% were ocupado let-a-lone the 60% that would be needed for the reported crowd

1549875050986.png

1549875389268.png

Looks like the BBL final at Docklands is going to have a low crowd. Not many tickets sold on level 1 and 2 which is fully reserved (Prices $35-$63). GA ($25) on level 3 however so maybe a large walk up.

Looks like the BBL final at Docklands is going to have a low crowd. Not many tickets sold on level 1 and 2 which is fully reserved (Prices $35-$63). GA ($25) on level 3 however so maybe a large walk up.

Judging from the Ticketek website, it looks like a strong crowd will be in Hobart, but wont be a sell out. Still, a day to go but reckon it will be 13-14K.

Rugby Australia figures showed Super Rugby matches played in Australia attracted an average audience of 71,000 last year, up nine per cent on 2017,

"Further Oztam ratings obtained by the Herald showed that figure plummeted in the five metropolitan cities, attracting an average pay television audience of just 50,000, which was less than the A-League's 51,000 and a fraction of the NRL's 164,000 and AFL's 167,000. "

"The NRL and AFL surged past 300,000 on free to air television, the A-League registered an average audience of 50,000 on free to air on Channel 10. The Super Rugby picture was worse falling to an average audience across of 23,000 across the five metropolitan cities."

Looks like all the crowds are down tonight at every sport!
A slowing economy might be starting to bite - after all it is a lot easier and cheaper to stay at home and watch on TV.
It will be interesting to see if the AFL and NRL crowds also drop this coming season.

Looks like all the crowds are down tonight at every sport!
A slowing economy might be starting to bite - after all it is a lot easier and cheaper to stay at home and watch on TV.
It will be interesting to see if the AFL and NRL crowds also drop this coming season.

a pretty good crowd for the A-league in Wellington.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a pretty good crowd for the A-league in Wellington.
They played at Eden Park in Auckland. 23,648 fans, which is a record for a game in Auckland.

They normally draw well for their games away from Wellington.

Edit: I wonder if it will be enough to keep the vultures from attacking. I certainly don't see Western United getting 23K to a non Victory match any time soon. Grass is not always greener.

Heck, i doubt City or United(damn name btw) will get to 20K.

Last edited:
0 9
They played at Eden Park in Auckland. 23,648 fans, which is a record for a game in Auckland.

They normally draw well for their games away from Wellington.

Edit: I wonder if it will be enough to keep the vultures from attacking. I certainly don't see Western United getting 23K to a non Victory match any time soon. Grass is not always greener.

Heck, i doubt City or United(damn name btw) will get to 20K.
Auckland crowds nose dived last couple games (low as 4k) mainly due to playing at North Harbour stadium (due to expensive rent at Eden Park) which is a good 35min bus ride out of the city and where the failed NZ Knights played. Think good form, media blitz, excellent stadium deal with Eden Park helped this game deliver a record NZ regular season crowd for the sport.

Western UTDs stadium will only hold 15k so no they wont and they wont be taking games to AAMI or Docklands. As for City
.... well yeah ha

Last edited:
This should worry the PL. Shocking stat for the future of attendances in England. I fear that this generation will become permanent TV watches and less and less will attend games.

but I guess they will be happy counting all those TV dollars.
It's a major issue with English Football at the moment. Out pricing their target audience from attending matches. More so the PL clubs. Some clubs expect to pay $100 plus a ticket. The tourist £££ is more value than a local family who have supported the club through generations.

This should worry the PL. Shocking stat for the future of attendances in England. I fear that this generation will become permanent TV watches and less and less will attend games.

but I guess they will be happy counting all those TV dollars.
I follow Arsenal in the premier league, I always hear how expensive prices are at the Emirates. The average age crowd every game is easily over 40.

After the trials and tribulations of English soccer in the 1980s, they went through a cleansing period: better quality stadiums, more seating, higher ticket prices, keeping the scum out, etc. The end result, gradually, was that you needed to be reasonably well off to afford to go to games, and it's probably to expensive to take kids to games. Very much a game for corporates now.

I follow Arsenal in the premier league, I always hear how expensive prices are at the Emirates. The average age crowd every game is easily over 40.
All sport is more expensive in England/US. $100 a ticket minimum. Victorians don't appreciate how lucky we are with the MCG.
BBL only 15,342 at Marvel stadium last night.

An all Melbourne final Sunday arvo at Marvel Stadium hopefully should help to draw a decent crowd.
Every year the quality of the tickets goes down and down. GA used to include level 1 and 2. Now its just level 3 (despite crowds remaining consistant).

The Price for the final is about the same as a standard AFL match, and it will have the same issues regarding the expensive seats not being sold. Level 2 is $56-$69. Level 1 $38. GA (L3) $30.

I imagine the crowd will be somewhere between 35-40k, with level 3 being packed.

3,823 to the Giants Blues AFLW game. Apparently it was a Giants family day but still an outstanding crowd....even the idea of the Giants getting that much to a family day. Given they presumably got none of the general Sydney women's sport supporter it's all the more impressive

W League GF in Sydney supposedly the home of soccer in Australia had pretty ordinary 6127 crowd for the "beautiful game"
It is the highest attendance for a W-League GF..... tickets were $25 for GA and $30 for grandstand. Not bad turn out for prices like that

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back