Opinion 2019 Non Crows - Watts love got to do with it? #pick1herewecome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 year challenge AFC vs Port

Minor round games won; AFC 124 vs Port Powers 100

Finals won; AFC 6 Port Powers 3

Top 8 at the end of the minor round; AFC 5 Port Powers 3

Since moving to Adelaide oval (5 year challenge) at a guess, AFC at about 250,000 more people to their games than Port Powers

5 years for Jack Crisp seem a bit overs to anyone else?

I'd have done it - massively underrated player, and he's 22 or 23, why not if he's in your long-term plans

EDIT: okay he's 25 but he's still very, very good

I'd have done it - massively underrated player, and he's 22 or 23, why not if he's in your long-term plans

EDIT: okay he's 25 but he's still very, very good
I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's easily in their best, but unless it's a KP or your best midfielder or two I don't know if I'd be signing anyone up for 5 years.

Is that page Port's official page?
If so it is fairly immature.

Not even clever banter. Is it suppose to upset us Crowies (it doesn't) or give some security to Tealsters their club is "old".

I think more the latter. When history is all you have your future is pretty bleak. Look at how Carlton supporters talk up their history. Tealsters are the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Their club is more stale than old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And? Matty Jaensch finished 7th in ours once, would you give him a long term deal based on that? Van Berlo was 2nd in 2011. Greenwood was 5th in ours last year and I wouldn't give him a 5 year deal either.

He’s not a very well known player but he came fourth, beaten by Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Grundy - GF side too, they’ve identified talent and taken steps to keep it

Point has been made on their FB page... they don’t like it...
Even admitted the Power was est in 1996. Yeah that’s not 30 years

They are hilarious
Who TF celebrates a 23rd anniversary ?????

Attachments

• 24C4FB2F-EF1B-4E48-B9A6-373933F6B5FC.jpeg
    24C4FB2F-EF1B-4E48-B9A6-373933F6B5FC.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 73
Port Adelaide really shouldn't be appropriating the history of the Port Magpies considering they are totally separate entities

I’m prepared to be wrong about this but I don’t think that is correct. Port Adelaide FC joined the AFL competition and tried to exit the SANFL. But the SANFL, who owned the second license, made it a condition of the sub-license that Port continue to field an SANFL team. Resulting in the birth of the Port Adelaide Magpies FC. Could be wrong though.

I’m prepared to be wrong about this but I don’t think that is correct. Port Adelaide FC joined the AFL competition and tried to exit the SANFL. But the SANFL, who owned the second license, made it a condition of the sub-license that Port continue to field an SANFL team. Resulting in the birth of the Port Adelaide Magpies FC. Could be wrong though.
The Port Adelaide that existed before 1996 doesn't exist in any form today.

You are 100% correct.
Brian Cunningham, Port CEO, at the time, confirmed this.
Port Adelaide was not going to field a team in the SANFL.

Was it Port Power FC or Port Adelaide FC that joined?

You are 100% correct.
Brian Cunningham, Port CEO, at the time, confirmed this.
Port Adelaide was not going to field a team in the SANFL.
Hey Smithy, I see you don’t have a problem with your club trying to hide your financial results but our membership numbers have caused you concern, do you see the hypocrisy?

Was it Port Power FC or Port Adelaide FC that joined?
They tell us the PAFC went from being the sanfl magpies to the afl power... then they created a new magpies entity... then they became one.

It's all semantics really as the afl team & club is now operating in a completely different environment & their sanfl history is hardly relevant to their afl club.... but no different to vfl flags/history hardly being relevant to their current afl teams as the environment is completely different now with salary caps & drafting.

Companies that had sponsor contracts with Port in 1996, did their brands automatically go onto the Power in 1997 because they were the same thing or did they stay with the magpies? Players who had contracts with Port in 1996, did they all automatically become AFL players in 1997 or did they play for the magpies? if the magpies in 1996 were a completely different entity to the magpies in 1997 surely there should have been some form of player transfers? Were the magpies staff all paid from the same bank accounts in 1997 as they were in 1996?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back