Opinion 2019 Non Crows - Watts love got to do with it? #pick1herewecome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my prediction. Port will have a bad season, their supporters will want heads to roll, no heads will roll, the club will drop one of the captains and say they are "going back to their roots", being "more port adelaide", their supporters will cheer and drink the kool-aid.

Its probably a preemptive defence move by The Power to prepare for Wines walking at the end of the year.

Much like how we didnt give Danger the captaincy. Thankfully that was the right call.

The article on Adelaide Now

https://outline.com/HKagqf

So this dates back to a 1924 tradition. Is this another significant date and we ignore the previous so-called years...? This club just keeps making traditions and history up...
What colours are centrelink these days..they could knock up a strip in those colours to honor their true heritage

Genuinely don't understand why people get so worked up about these things.

How this is even important in their lives I'll never know.

It shows how far they are from their creation myth. Where the gospel was handed down by Fos and they were shown to be the chosen people.

They are just another club. There’s nothing special or unique about them.

What colours are centrelink these days..they could knock up a strip in those colours to honor their true heritage

Ports true major sponsor.:drunk:

r0_0_1200_744_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

It shows how far they are from their creation myth. Where the gospel was handed down by Fos and they were shown to be the chosen people.

Crows have a much richer history than Port, that almost all South Australians know and understand.

Port might have 2 captains now and no one to wear the #1, but, they still have their other longstanding traditions, like playing in Shanghai, the colour teal, wearing the recoloured state guernsey, calling themselves The Powers, singing the 'power to win' team song after a win, coming onto the ground to their supporters swaying & singing a girly soccer style song while holding their scarves overhead. What a great traditional suburban club.
You actually had me start believing...then i threw up

Hawthorn are the most successful club of the last 25 years, followed by Geelong and Brisbane
If our argument is to hold water on how hard it is to win an AFL premiership as an interstate side, then Brisbane are clearly the best side of the past 25 years. They likely would have won 4 in a row if they hadn't been forced to play a home prelim at the MCG on a Saturday night. That's as farcical as it gets. Leigh Matthews was on record as saying he still "feels sick" every time he thinks about it.

If our argument is to hold water on how hard it is to win an AFL premiership as an interstate side, then Brisbane are clearly the best side of the past 25 years. They likely would have won 4 in a row if they hadn't been forced to play a home prelim at the MCG on a Saturday night. That's as farcical as it gets. Leigh Matthews was on record as saying he still "feels sick" every time he thinks about it.

Anything that cheapens Port's flag makes me feel better.

Ports last 3 games before the GF were played at AAMI. Lions forced to play back to back away games off a 6 day break in late September.

Saddens me to think what could have been. Port without a flag since its inception.

Anything that cheapens Port's flag makes me feel better.

Ports last 3 games before the GF were played at AAMI. Lions forced to play back to back away games off a 6 day break in late September.

Saddens me to think what could have been. Port without a flag since its inception.
Yep and on top of that, the Brownlow is held on the Monday night, cutting in to recovery time, and then having to travel to Melbourne on Thursday for the Grand Final parade and media commitments leading up the GF. The Lions got screwed royally. From memory Matthews even questioned Vlad publically on how hard he had actually tried in having the MCC allow the home prelim to be rightfully played at the Gabba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The port co-captaincy thing doesn't surprise me as much as the idea that Tom Jonas is an AFL captain.

Seriously? Tom Jonas? The coward punch guy? At least Luke Hodge is a seriously talented footballer to go along with being a gutter thug. Still, at least they've got a spare captain for when he is inevitably suspended for his annual dog act.

Port might have 2 captains now and no one to wear the #1, but, they still have their other longstanding traditions, like playing in Shanghai, the colour teal, wearing the recoloured state guernsey, calling themselves The Powers, singing the 'power to win' team song after a win, coming onto the ground to their supporters swaying & singing a girly soccer style song while holding their scarves overhead. What a great traditional suburban club.
Split the difference?

captains-jpg.622800

The port co-captaincy thing doesn't surprise me as much as the idea that Tom Jonas is an AFL captain.

Seriously? Tom Jonas? The coward punch guy? At least Luke Hodge is a seriously talented footballer to go along with being a gutter thug. Still, at least they've got a spare captain for when he is inevitably suspended for his annual dog act.
When you find out Charlie Dixon was the third option you see why they have had to go co captains. For the same reason Carlton and Melbourne did. They are bereft of leadership.

Oh and some.were.advocating Hamish Hartless. Could not think.of a player with less leadership qualities. They tried to off load him just before his knee injury.

Jonas and Ollie vs Tex and Sloaney. Vastly different reasons for co captaincy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be great if Port retire the #1 guernsey and copy the "19th man" concept and call their supporters the "first man".

On a serious note their club leaked this over a month ago.

During that time just about every.form.kf social media involving Port supporters has said they are against co-captains. Their media people ie Kornes and Rucci has said they are against co captains. Respected former players in Fiacci and Ginever have said they are against co captains.

KT and Kochie ignored all of this and still went ahead with co captains. If that is not a rolled gold example of their admin seeing their passionate supporters as nothing but customers with minimal input into their club I dont know what is.

Next hear they will pull out all the tradition and culture of "Port Adelaide" as part of their 150th celebration (lol). Preaching how a grass roots club is now in the main stage. That will be the height of hypocrisy when the grass roots supporters were clearly not in favour of a decision these snake oli salesman have made, despite having a month of feedback.

They use "History, Tradition and Community Club" as a cornerstone of their PR and marketing. Yet when it is a real thing completely ignore it and the wishes of their supporter base.

Port are far more "corporate" than we ever have been. A meaningless organisation full of catchcrys and slogans.

Last edited:

Just another club. The new Port slogan

Jack Cahill was a good coach. But now they’ve got Ken

Just
Another
Club
Ken

On a serious note their club leaked this over a month ago.

During that time just about every.form.kf social media involving Port supporters has said they are against co-captains. Their media people ie Kornes and Rucci has said they are against co captains. Respected former players in Fiacci and Ginever have said they are against co captains.

KT and Kochie ignored all of this and still went ahead with co captains. If that is not a rolled gold example of their admin seeing their passionate supporters as nothing but customers with minimal input into their club I dont know what is.

Next hear they will pull out all the tradition and culture of "Port Adelaide" as part of their 150th celebration (lol). Preachung how a grass roots club is now in the main stage. That will be the height of hypocrisy when the grass roots supporters were clearly not in favour of a decision these snake oli salesman have made, despite having a month of feedback.

Their split personality is their biggest problem

IIRC it was this incident

The fact that he’s one of their first choices shows how far down they’ve had to scrape that barrel
Wines was promised it when he signed his latest contract
Jonas just got lucky !!!!

Fk - Jonas !!!JONAS..... I still can’t believe it

That is absolutely spot on !

Split the difference?

captains-jpg.622800

Borrowed for the Bay !!!!
Excellent work

Edit
Already there - well done !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back