2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically locked in Ben Cavarra and Matt Parker as fwd rookies. Along with Will Setterfield.
I like the cut of your jib. I expect Oscar Allen to feature a lot for us this season so there's another option

Forward or back? Who does he replace? Lecras?
He'll play forward (but not sure where champion data will position him given he played one game in defence and one game up forward last season). And yes Lecras role is his for the taking.

He'll play forward (but not sure where champion data will position him given he played one game in defence and one game up forward last season). And yes Lecras role is his for the taking.

Yeh fair enough. Ahead of Waterman?

He will be priced at 38 but could well avg 60ish give or take id imagine

Do we think Zorko will be back to his big scores next year with the extra help from Neale?

Not sure this makes any difference at all tbh. If anything it hinders him as Neale in and Beams out and I think Beams was more prone to being tagged than Neale is.

This is where I'm at atm fellas. Dt live hasn't updated the new draftees yet so this will change

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181129-165342_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181129-165342_Chrome.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20181129-165354_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181129-165354_Chrome.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 7
Been tossing up between Zac Williams and Anthony Miles for awhile as a midpriced player. Who would you guys lean towards? I know its so early just curious because I'm pretty sure I'll be looking at these two either way.

This is where I'm at atm fellas. Dt live hasn't updated the new draftees yet so this will change
Scary midfield right there. Are you locked in on Gawn? I'm not as confident in him as this time last year with Preuss added to the mix.

Scary midfield right there. Are you locked in on Gawn? I'm not as confident in him as this time last year with Preuss added to the mix.
If Preuss plays I won't pick Gawn. As to your question above, Williams 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah but what hapens if Preuss doesn't play Round 1 but plays Round 2? I'll be going with Grundy and an underpriced/rookie Ruckman and upgrading for the byes.
Kruezer an underpriced option?

DD2962DC-22E7-4B37-87EB-77D06EB4E549.jpeg Thinking something along these lines for my starting midfield. Feel Mitchell is a little too expensive to start with next year and can see danger going back to 115+ hopefully with Dalhous taking some of his fwd time and back to a full time mid. Won’t be going with Clarke or Atley either but will look at rookies around that price for my mid rookies

Potentially, what is his price?
566k according to DT live. Interestingly, 34% of people who have made mock teams on DT live have picked him (same percentage as Gawn).

Other options:

Stef Martin: 723k
Sauce Jacobs: 582k
Todd G: 667k
Witts: 670k
Nank: 637k

What about Naismith back from his ACL at 294k?

566k according to DT live. Interestingly, 34% of people who have made mock teams on DT live have picked him (same percentage as Gawn).

Other options:

Stef Martin: 723k
Sauce Jacobs: 582k
Todd G: 667k
Witts: 670k
Nank: 637k

What about Naismith back from his ACL at 294k?

Sinclair would be well ahead of Naismith now wouldn't he?

And I can understand people being fans of Kreuzer, Jacobs makes Dan Hannebery look like a nimble 18 year old.

What about rookie rucks, who are people going to consider? Fort, Sweet, Brooksby, Draper could all play games at some point I feel. Probably forgetting a couple.

Sinclair would be well ahead of Naismith now wouldn't he?

And I can understand people being fans of Kreuzer, Jacobs makes Dan Hannebery look like a nimble 18 year old.

What about rookie rucks, who are people going to consider? Fort, Sweet, Brooksby, Draper could all play games at some point I feel. Probably forgetting a couple.
Flynn, Cameron, Nichols, Hayes and O'Brien are the most popular choices on DT live. Not sure if Brooksby will be basement price due to him playing previously

Flynn, Cameron, Nichols, Hayes and O'Brien are the most popular choices on DT live. Not sure if Brooksby will be basement price due to him playing previously
Lycett should get plenty of ruck time as well as a few goals. One to watch I hope because I don't like paying more than 650k for somebody who isn't Grundy or Gawn haha

Lycett should get plenty of ruck time as well as a few goals. One to watch I hope because I don't like paying more than 650k for somebody who isn't Grundy or Gawn haha

Tossing up between Lycett and Ryder a R2 to start the year. Ryder is capable of snagging a couple goals if he spends more time forward so I think he should still score quite decent with sharing the rucking.

PATRICK Dangerfield is set to be the most relevant player in AFL Fantasy in 2019.

The Geelong superstar holds dual-position status for the season ahead and is every chance to be the top scoring forward of 2019.

Essendon’s Devon Smith was the top scoring forward last season and he retains MID/FWD status while Port Adelaide’s Justin Westhoff is named as a RUC/FWD. The duo, together with Dangerfield, were the only players available as forwards to average more than 100 points this year.

Josh Dunkley enjoyed more time in the Bulldogs’ midfield in the second half of the season but remains as a MID/FWD as is his teammate Toby McLean.

Some of recent top draft talent have dual-position status with Tim Kelly, Zac Bailey, Paddy Dow, Bailey Banfield and James Worpel carrying the MID/FWD tag next to their name.

Carlton’s new recruit Will Setterfield was already looking like a popular pick following his move from the Giants. He will have more fans now that he is available as a MID/FWD.

Only 13 players hold DEF/MID status.

The pick of the bunch appears to be Bomber Andrew McGrath who has added MID to 2018’s DEF classification.

After playing as a half-back last season for the Giants and gaining DPP in round six, Lachie Whitfield will be available as a defender only. Same goes for Docker Connor Blakely and Hawk James Sicily.

West Coast’s Elliot Yeo was at the top of the table for defenders this year, but he will just be a MID in 2019. Angus Brayshaw, who had a stellar season for the Dees after finishing third in the Brownlow, also copped the same fate due to his role primarily being through the midfield.

Some Fantasy Draft pundits are bullish on Tim Taranto’s value in the new year. After showing some great signs throughout 2018, the young Giant is available as a MID only; a position where he may not mix it with the elite after having his FWD status stripped.

Other MID only prospects who have held other positions in the past include Paul Seedsman, Ed Langdon, Reece Conca, Brett Deledio, Jed Anderson, Tom Rockliff and Mark Hutchings.

The team at Fantasy HQ is currently putting together the prices for the upcoming season of Fantasy Classic. Stay tuned to AFL.com.au as The Traders will be profiling the best picks from every club for Classic and Draft in the lead-up to the launch of the official Fantasy game of the AFL in late January.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back