Training 2019 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

They basically own our website.

We are a part of that league, we've signed up to it, part of that is promoting various crap.

Believe that all other clubs will have done the same thing.

So they can drop their turds on the club website anytime they like? Doesn't surprise me.

From the HS:

The Roos and Cats were set to stage their hitout at Deakin University, but have relocated the game to GMHBA Stadium.
It’s understood coaches Brad and Chris Scott had always intended on staging the match in private before details of the game were released by the AFL.

With only two JLT games, clubs across the competition have arranged a series of matches officiated by AFL umpires, most of them accessible to the footy public.

From the HS:

The Roos and Cats were set to stage their hitout at Deakin University, but have relocated the game to GMHBA Stadium.
It’s understood coaches Brad and Chris Scott had always intended on staging the match in private before details of the game were released by the AFL.

With only two JLT games, clubs across the competition have arranged a series of matches officiated by AFL umpires, most of them accessible to the footy public.

Did they honestly think a game at Deakin freakin' University was going to be in private?!

I don't see the point getting bent outta shape over private praccy matches, yeah I don't get it either, but I don't care enough to get mad about it either not being open or livestreamed. Nothing is for free anymore, and the JLT ain't far away anyway.

All I care about is Round 1 onwards.
Being able to see match practice is a chance few and far between, doubly so against another team. I can understand the frustration.

From the HS:

A closed doors session with an oppostion team as the audience. Makes sense.

Have they promised each other not to use what they might learn against the other this year? Or have they already decided to split the results?

A pair of masterminds or tweedeldee and tweedeldum?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A closed doors session with an oppostion team as the audience. Makes sense.

Have they promised each other not to use what they might learn against the other this year? Or have they already decided to split the results?

A pair of masterminds or tweedeldee and tweedeldum?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Think they share the same brain

I'm OK with the closed session. Plenty of footy coming our way, a closed session means we can try some s**t without too much exposure. Also gives us/them the opportunity to call the game early without criticism if required (remember last time?).
Excited to see the boys play, but happy to back the club on this one.

Nice to see you Chop

Has it always been this way? I get it if it was pretty abundant and frequently accessible and its been dramatically reeled back in recent years.

I live in Geelong and went to a simular game I think it was 3 years ago, at Kardinia but open to the public. I am just really annoyed as I live in Geelong and Deakin is a 5min walk, so it just would have been cool to rock up with my dog and watch the game. My dog loves chasing the footy on that oval, shes got a north jumper I could have sent her in if the tide was going against us

I live in Geelong and went to a simular game I think it was 3 years ago, at Kardinia but open to the public. I am just really annoyed as I live in Geelong and Deakin is a 5min walk, so it just would have been cool to rock up with my dog and watch the game. My dog loves chasing the footy on that oval, shes got a north jumper I could have sent her in if the tide was going against us
Yeah, it’s bullshit. As if your dog is going to tell anyone what she sees.

Let me guess, she usually plays as a Rover.

They are rubbing it in now, passed a NMFC Truck and CX9 outside Kardinia park on the way to work this morning. I wonder if they have brought the game time forward as well.

They are rubbing it in now, passed a NMFC Truck and CX9 outside Kardinia park on the way to work this morning. I wonder if they have brought the game time forward as well.

I was kinda hoping you could have snuck in to watch it mate.

I was planning to try, if it was at 4... but if the trucks already there I am thinking they might have brought it forward to 11 or something

Remove this Banner Ad

Back