Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:
Salt bleeding from the eyes...

I just need some clarity .
Is it correct that some Richmond people on this thread are complaining about us utilizing the the Long long long overdue opportunity to take joy in the bitterness of oppo supporters regarding Richmond’s success over the past few years ? Tut tutting our behaviour. Can I just say “ piss right off”!!
F..k me drunk , some people need to take a good hard look at themselves .

Years of torment and Richmond people on this thread want us to turn the other cheek ? Ffs .

I can tell you that our success and has let me look people in the eye again , I bounce into the day . My depression had all but disappeared ( with meds as well ) , I feel like a winner . I’ll continue to make every druggie , Geelong , magpie shite and Cheating Carlton pricks feel inept and belittled . Good enough to give it , they can be good enough to take it .
Payback is sweet and I’m riding it hard .

If you aint with us you’re Against us .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jesus fu**en Christ we got fu**en railed in the free kicks like 17-8 right? and the oppos still say we got carried to a 44 point win

this sh*t is fu**en insane
It blows my mind how hard done by oppo posters think they are.

How much larger do they want the difference to be?

Mate, I have been on this board since 2006. Let me ******* tell you, whatever you think we are, that's what we have copped since day one i popped up on this board. They can get f’ed. You know why we are like we are? Because of how we were treated. What, you reckon we were treated with respect? Courtesy? Empathy? They can eat a bag of utensils and choke on it. Ungracious has nothing to do with it. Opposition supporters acting like free range campaigners with no retribution has a lot to do with it. You reap what you sow. And man, they reaped for years.
This is a brilliant post. Those campaigners are now back in hiding given we are in the top 4 again & just on that...
Finishing in the top 4 for the 4th yr in a row is a remarkable achievement, especially after being written off by so many "experts" multiple teams in each of those yrs. #GoTiges!

I took some solid time off from bigfooty for a while in what was probably the first time since 2014.

I was probably a bit harsh towards Richmond supporters, but I double down on the fact that I don’t think we have been gracious in success as a supporter base regardless of whether it was more or less gracious than the likes of Hawthorn or Geelong. Graciousness in success may not be important to some of you guys, but it is important to me personally. I’m really not trying to patronise any of you at all, but it’s something that was drilled into me when I was younger and something that I attempt to uphold (and of course fail at sometimes) in all facets of my life. I get why it would be satisfying to rub it in other people’s faces if you copped it for years (I also copped it for years from non-Richmond supporters) but I personally try to go against that feeling or not overdo it if I do delve into it because at the end of the day, my happiness with Richmond winning is another person’s misery just like my misery watching Geelong kick the crap out of Richmond for years was their happiness.

I don’t know, I thought Richmond supporters out of all teams would not be the way the opposition fans were to us because we know how it feels like being piled upon but I guess I either don’t understand the average AFL fan (not only restricted to Richmond fans) as well as I thought I did, or I don’t relate to them as much as I thought. I also see it happening with some Brisbane and Port Adelaide fans who have already started beating their chests after being crap for so long.

I know it’s just a game, but I don’t know, it feels a little weird basking in their saltiness towards us. There is definitely a lot of salt out there, but it is still a weird feeling. Maybe I’m just not used to it following Richmond.

Look, if that’s how you guys enjoy Richmond’s success period, then I don’t think I’ll stand in your way. We all have different ways of enjoying things including success. I hear you and I get where you’re coming from and what the opposition supporters did to you guys for years as they did it to me too. Having said that though, it would’ve been nice to relate to my fellow Richmond supporters on Bigfooty and enjoy success in a more similar way.

Anyways, we have a game to play today!
My approach is those who rammed it down my throat relentlessly will now cop thier own back (especially those who did it while thier Club was also a rabble in those times), tho i am still keen on having just a general footy chat if they like at the same time. There are some supporter bases that get treated accordingly instead being abused for the sake of it if that makes sense.

They're confused. They never pay HTB to us.

On Geelong fans, my brother and I sat in tje Medallion Club last year for their June premiership over us. Surrounded by Scats fans giving us heaps. I just laughed and said see you in September. (I didn't see them, cos I'm MCC, bit of a shame)
I recall walking out of the ground that night & just happened to be among a few cats fans that were carrying on like they'd won the flag. Most arrogant group of supporters i had ever seen. It made the prelim all the more enjoyable.

And Goddard will always be known as a sore loser that had baby tantrums on the field to his own team mates!

Remember when he smashed all the lollies that his club volunteers put during half time

And he’s trying to bring down a champion that occasionally puts a bit of mayo on a free kick (like he’s never done it before)
give me a spell

Hes a flog that never won anything and now just takes cheap pot shots due to his jealousy
Grow up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus fu**en Christ we got fu**en railed in the free kicks like 17-8 right? and the oppos still say we got carried to a 44 point win

this sh*t is fu**en insane
I still remember the Adelaide bloke after the 2017 GF saying "The umpires stole the game right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME". Despite us winning by 7 goals.

That is when I realised that for many people it's always the umpires fault why their team lose games. I have since seen the comedy whenever people blame the umps for why their team is losing. They just simply can't bring themselves to admit they were beaten by a better team or that their team wasn't playing that great (including our own supporters admittedly).

Last edited:
I don't think we have been cocky enough really

I’m not even cocky either , I just go people back who start bagging the tigers , even after 2019 I had person sending me big big sound memes before the match all week , well they copped it right back after we won and they still cop it lol Happened to return the favour of sending the big big sound meme right back at them after they lost to the saints and miss the 8 .
I’m also looking forward to stalking my Druggo supporting father in law today and will bombard him with druggo memes. Best

I just need some clarity .
Is it correct that some Richmond people on this thread are complaining about us utilizing the the Long long long overdue opportunity to take joy in the bitterness of oppo supporters regarding Richmond’s success over the past few years ? Tut tutting our behaviour. Can I just say “ piss right off”!!
F..k me drunk , some people need to take a good hard look at themselves .

Years of torment and Richmond people on this thread want us to turn the other cheek ? Ffs .

I can tell you that our success and has let me look people in the eye again , I bounce into the day . My depression had all but disappeared ( with meds as well ) , I feel like a winner . I’ll continue to make every druggie , Geelong , magpie sh*te and Cheating Carlton pricks feel inept and belittled . Good enough to give it , they can be good enough to take it .
Payback is sweet and I’m riding it hard .

If you aint with us you’re Against us .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
give this man a beer. good on u mate

I’m not even cocky either , I just go people back who start bagging the tigers , even after 2019 I had person sending me big big sound memes before the match all week , well they copped it right back after we won and they still cop it lol Happened to return the favour of sending the big big sound meme right back at them after they lost to the saints and miss the 8 .
I’m also looking forward to stalking my Druggo supporting father in law today and will bombard him with druggo memes. Best
For decades like many tigers supporters I copped “Oh poor you”, s**t eating grins, ninth jokes, memes etc. about the tigers from oppo flogs. Since 2017 I have been giving it all back because as say karma is a bitch!

in 2017 we enjoyed a surge in popularity , poor us it had been so long

in our final against Geelong similar, the football world was keen to see us win a final

and then in the GF no one goes for the Crows as a second team

but now we've had enough success , fair enough too

I just loved our guys response when the Crows tried to rough us up
instant , united
a very strong awesome looking unit
in the past month you can hear the different commentators seeing the emerging 2020 premiers
the little comments , tone of voice , its there for all to see

we don't need the extra crowd support to get us over the line now

and that will irk more than a few

and what happens post grand final

if we swing another sweet trade , and remember the Hawks just kept pulling them off at their peak
people love joining up with winners

our band of haters will grow even more

Another WC whinge:
We played both Port and Brisbane in the hub, where we obviously sucked, while Richmond was off a four day break with a plane ride. You can’t just ignore the fact we we’re screwed with the travel for that latter game, especially if you take into account the amount of rest Richmond has had.

Another WC whinge:
We played both Port and Brisbane in the hub, where we obviously sucked, while Richmond was off a four day break with a plane ride. You can’t just ignore the fact we we’re screwed with the travel for that latter game, especially if you take into account the amount of rest Richmond has had.

I love the quote how they should have tanked that game and then they would have beaten Footscary and finished 4th :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back