Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:
In fairness to Sheeds here he had applied for the vacant coaching position when Gary March came out and said that there is no way his application would be considered.

It would have nothing to do with the 80's/90's where he would use Richmond to get a pay rise at Essendon and basically crapped on the club during this period?

Last edited:

It would have nothing to do with the 80's/90's were he would use Richmond to get a pay rise at Essendon and basically crapped on the club during this period?

Nah.

It was back when Wallace was still coach and a bunch of Richmond people (including KB) were agitating to give Sheeds the coaching position.

March gave an interview in which he said there's no way that Sheeds would be considered for the coaching position -- kind of fair enough given that the position wasn't actually open at the time.

That interview didn't come to light until after Wallace was given the heave and Sheeds had applied for the job.

From Sheeds' perspective it looked like March was dead set against him. Sheeds withdrew his application and stated that there's no way he would accept the Richmond coaching position whilst March was still at Richmond.

I'm not suggesting in any of this that Sheeds isn't a bit of a campaigner -- at the very least he could have acknowledged that although March's comments came to air AFTER he applied for the coaching position, they had been made when Richmond still had somebody in the role. But the whole affair really does typify the total clusterf**k that was Richmond in the 90s/00s.

I don't think, though, that there's any substance to the suggestion that Sheeds was insincere in his intent to return to Richmond. Certainly KB always thought that was his intent and pushed very strongly for it.

I honestly dont understand the way interstaters get so headless about us playing at the G. Its really not the advantage they are bitching about, its actually more of an advantage being an interstate side.

You point out we play 13, you play 12 on your dung heap - then the goalposts change and its yeah but you play 17 in melbourne.

Yeah we do, but playing at ettihad is not an advantage - we struggle a bit at that ground and it is, you know, the home ground of another 3/4 sides, so where are they meant to play us? Doesnt matter you dont travel #VICBIAS.

How is playing 13 games at the G, half of which are against co tenants so home ground advantage is null and void more of an advantage than playing 12 games at home, 11 of which are against sides that on average dont even play there once a year? Sure, the GF is a bit of an advantage to a tenant but not so much given its a one off game, 2 horse field anything can happen.

It’s a coping mechanism for the supporters who’s clubs didn’t exist last time we were good.

Their brains can’t comprehend how Richmond are now the dominant side in the comp so they fabricate alternate truths to help them try and piece it all together

Can't wait for the new fixtures to be released at the end of this month.

Salt levels will rise when we get another 13 MCG games,

plus our standard Sydney, North, St Kilda & Dogs games at Marvel (Imagine if we got to actually play these sides at the G for once)

LMAO
we should get 14 or 15 at the G next year . Pies had 14 this year to our 13

*lose a grand final every 2.9 years
I went and had a look at the thread that came from. There's some absolutely wonderful rubbish in there!!!!

How's this?:

Screenshot 2019-10-12 20.05.38.png
So ... the reason that Collingwood has lost 14 Grand Finals in the last 60 years is that the opposition side was better than them! Glad we cleared that up :D

I went and had a look at the thread that came from. There's some absolutely wonderful rubbish in there!!!!
How's this?:

View attachment 763447
So ... the reason that Collingwood has lost 14 Grand Finals in the last 60 years is that the opposition side was better than them! Glad we cleared that up :D
It’s my favourite thread on BF right now. They are coming to the realisation that all the preliminarships in the world don’t mean s**t if you don’t win on the big day.

Ricky Nixon on the salt mine , scary thing Is in his Twitter he actually still thinks he is relevant in the AFL.

Apparantley we still had an easy draw but Hawks after there GF wins year after was hardest lol , Hawks draw in 2016 wasn’t hard at all lol . Dumb campaigner

Oh and Hawks was the reason we won the flag in 2019 because they beat EGirls in last round . *******

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of constantly complaining about the draw, it would be nice to see a Weegirls supporter offer some sort of solution.

I'd love to see their idea of a "fair" draw if only for the LOLs.
I love how they always conveniently forget to mention that all that "favored" fixture got us was an Interstate game at the Gabba

How's this?:

View attachment 763447

ooooooooooh i think this one is my favourite

Instead of constantly complaining about the draw, it would be nice to see a Weegirls supporter offer some sort of solution.

I'd love to see their idea of a "fair" draw if only for the LOLs.

I think my favourite part, is the fact they whinge about the MCG and it’s dimensions but don’t count Docklands as an away game as it’s in Melbourne.

So either it’s we play the G well cos of it’s size and Docklands is an away game or the dimensions don’t matter and the G is more neutral then they admit on Grand final day.

Either way it’s moronic and fails to admit the 10 games with genuine home advantage they get. The fixture is far from perfect and will never be, but there are advantages and disadvantages for every side. Good clubs just get on with it and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back