Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:

Fox Footy Jury: Which teams are best placed to challenge for the 2020 premiership?

In an unprecedented season, which clubs are best placed to challenge for what could be one of the great premierships? We asked three Fox Footy experts for their verdicts.

The countdown is on to the AFL season restart and teams are ramping up their training and preparations.
But in what will be an unprecedented season, which clubs are best placed to challenge for what could be one of the great premierships of all time?

We asked three Fox Footy experts: Which teams will benefit most from the delayed, shortened and unique 2020 season?

JORDAN LEWIS
Four-time Hawthorn premiership player

“If I was still a player, I would like to be surrounded by experience. So I think the more mature teams could possibly gain an advantage because it’s been a shortened preparation. I don’t think it changes my prediction. I still think Richmond, West Coast and GWS are probably the sides that will be there in the end. Good leadership, good coaches who are pretty realistic about it all will be key. I just think that sides with experience can cope better with adversity compared to sides who haven’t been through such experiences before. I know this is a different experience, but certainly the same types of traits and experiences can relate.”

ALASTAIR LYNCH
Three-time Brisbane premiership player

“With the way it’s going to start and the first month as well, I think Brisbane have got a huge advantage. They lost their first match and they were disappointing so they went into the break knowing that they’ve got to be a lot better which might have helped their players in the break. Now they’ve got the next four games at the Gabba. That’s a big bonus for them to potentially set up a season. The other team is West Coast. I think they have a great opportunity as well, if they’re only coming to Queensland for four weeks. They’re an experienced team, they’re well-drilled, they know their systems so the fact that they haven’t had contact with teammates and coaches face-to-face won’t hurt them as much. Those well-drilled, more mature sides that have been around the mark for a while are probably going to be most advantaged and that’s sides like West Coast, Collingwood, and Geelong.”

NICK DAL SANTO
Three-time All-Australian with St Kilda and North Melbourne

“West Coast are the ones that have been put out at this stage, having to set up on the other side of the country. But I still think with their maturity, their experience, their ability to travel as much as they do anyway, I don’t see them as being a huge detrimental effect on them. Geelong – who now get more home games – Greater Western Sydney and Richmond are still the best teams and any advantage or disadvantage that might have come from more teams in a hub or playing every four or five days, I think that’s all been washed away now. We’re just back to an honest competition as much as we can — aside from West Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide and Port Adelaide being in a hub for at least a month.”

Fox Footy Jury: Which teams are best placed to challenge for the 2020 premiership?

In an unprecedented season, which clubs are best placed to challenge for what could be one of the great premierships? We asked three Fox Footy experts for their verdicts.

The countdown is on to the AFL season restart and teams are ramping up their training and preparations.
But in what will be an unprecedented season, which clubs are best placed to challenge for what could be one of the great premierships of all time?

We asked three Fox Footy experts: Which teams will benefit most from the delayed, shortened and unique 2020 season?

JORDAN LEWIS

“If I was still a player, I would like to be surrounded by experience. So I think the more mature teams could possibly gain an advantage because it’s been a shortened preparation. I don’t think it changes my prediction. I still think Richmond, West Coast and GWS are probably the sides that will be there in the end. Good leadership, good coaches who are pretty realistic about it all will be key. I just think that sides with experience can cope better with adversity compared to sides who haven’t been through such experiences before. I know this is a different experience, but certainly the same types of traits and experiences can relate.”

ALASTAIR LYNCH

“With the way it’s going to start and the first month as well, I think Brisbane have got a huge advantage. They lost their first match and they were disappointing so they went into the break knowing that they’ve got to be a lot better which might have helped their players in the break. Now they’ve got the next four games at the Gabba. That’s a big bonus for them to potentially set up a season. The other team is West Coast. I think they have a great opportunity as well, if they’re only coming to Queensland for four weeks. They’re an experienced team, they’re well-drilled, they know their systems so the fact that they haven’t had contact with teammates and coaches face-to-face won’t hurt them as much. Those well-drilled, more mature sides that have been around the mark for a while are probably going to be most advantaged and that’s sides like West Coast, Collingwood, and Geelong.”

NICK DAL SANTO

“West Coast are the ones that have been put out at this stage, having to set up on the other side of the country. But I still think with their maturity, their experience, their ability to travel as much as they do anyway, I don’t see them as being a huge detrimental effect on them. Geelong – who now get more home games – Greater Western Sydney and Richmond are still the best teams and any advantage or disadvantage that might have come from more teams in a hub or playing every four or five days, I think that’s all been washed away now. We’re just back to an honest competition as much as we can — aside from West Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide and Port Adelaide being in a hub for at least a month.”

how salty is Alastair Linch ?

Main board salt update:

Salt keeps getting saltier on the mainboard with the best gf team in last 4 years thread polluted by west coke fans claiming we are only successful because of the rules of the league

Most marketable thread just as salty as WA fan claims dusty is not marketable because he hasn't made backpage of WA newspaper, some even questioning who would even want dusty to market their products *cough* puma *cough* bonds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JORDAN LEWIS

ALASTAIR LYNCH

NICK DAL SANTO

Lynch should stick to throwing haymakers. Does he not realise that with Bris getting 4 home games that they will get a greater number of away games later in the yr?
He's never given us any credit before & it's worked out for us so a good result for us.

Main board salt update:

Salt keeps getting saltier on the mainboard with the best gf team in last 4 years thread polluted by west coke fans claiming we are only successful because of the rules of the league

Most marketable thread just as salty as WA fan claims dusty is not marketable because he hasn't made backpage of WA newspaper, some even questioning who would even want dusty to market their products *cough* puma *cough* bonds
going by thier logic we don't want any of thier players as they don't make the backpage here either unless they have been playing up in tier spare time....

going by thier logic we don't want any of thier players as they don't make the backpage here either unless they have been playing up in tier spare time....
It's actually so cooked , he then backtracked and said no that's not what I meant , when that was the only example he could come up with, eventually I got banned from the thread 🤣 was me as all of them funny as s**t

And LOL that's true , those idiots think nick Nat is more marketable hahah

Main board salt update:

Lol. I live in Perth now and Dusty is popular here. Kids love him, like they love all winners but plenty of footy fans like watching him play.

Die hard eagles fans probably don’t, but most of them were also calling Darling- Princess a whole ago and I’m sure you can digger out what rhymes with trigger, when it comes to describing Nic Nat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back