Preview 2019 Round 1: Richmond v Carlton, MCG 7:20pm Thursday 21/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make no mistake - if Carlton manage by some miracle to beat us, it will be the biggest win that pissant club has had in 5 years.

They’ll talk about it for the foreseeable future.
& yet, even if they somehow do fluke an upset of the century result tonight, we will still be playing late in September whilst they are sunning themselves in Seminyak.

One thing I haven’t missed about AFL is the nerves before a game.

I don’t care how good we are or should be, I’m still nervous as anything and fully expecting us to lose.

2 years of awesomeness is not enough time to wear down 37 years of s**t.

Gotta a feeling Weller will thrive under our system/culture.
Same - will be desperate to hold his spot.
Hard at it, big solid unit, not slow - unlike at Saints where they wanted him to get 25+ we will be wanting 15 - 20 with a goal or two occasionally + locking onto opposition half back runners.

Looks like his perfect role IMO

Personally, I think Weller is inspiring.
He was written off as a has-been by St Kilda.
He has worked hard, performs the role, and has the hunger for success.
You need a couple of players who have not tasted premiership glory to lift the team otherwise you become blasé.
You have to have the hunger for it like we had in 2017.
Agree mate.He adds midfield depth.Gives us the option of resting Cotch/Dusty & Prestia when the games are safe.

I would like to see Prestia play on Cripps. Just get in front of him and block his run by reading the play and getting to the ball first. I remember Dan Jackson did that brilliantly on Ablett once. Prestia is hard to move and if Cripps manhandles him he will get him high more than likely. Exploit his weakness if he has one, ground level balls, which is also Prestia's strength. If Graham tries to run with him he will do what Cripps did to him last opening match, towel him up. Too strong. MacIntosh a backup option.

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the Adelaide board, we wish you all the best for tomorrow night and hope that you absolutely smash Carlton into a fine paste, preferably in the most embarrassing way possible for them, so bad that Bolton cries on national TV, and SOS has an aneurysm.

Like this (you are the Incredible Hulk and Loki is Carlton)

hulksmash.gif

regards
deaneus
I take it you'll be copy & pasting this on 16 other boards.

Tbh honest this is the most concerning matchup in my eyes, not downplaying how strong your team looks in other areas. Too its just that Phillips hasn't shown himself capable. He's a decent tap ruckman who doesn't have the strength, nous, skill or endurance to go with big nank around the ground... That's if he doesn't get injured in the first quarter. Was hoping we'd go with Lobbe.
Never heard of Jack/Lynch/Cotch/Rance and a bloke named Dusty? Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never heard of Jack/Lynch/Cotch/Rance and a bloke named Dusty? Lol
Literally said not downplaying how strong your team is in other areas, learn to read.

What I'm saying is the new 6-6-6 rule seems to bring some focus back to the ruck battle, which we'll comfortably get smashed in, allowing those players you mentioned to influence the game more. If Kreuzer was fit I'd be confident in a close loss but he's not so I don't see it.

This team won't be running on all cylinders - but it is on paper one of the best Richmond teams - and risk free - that i've seen in a long time.

Balta's flexibility helps this - he might not do a hell of a lot but is great utility insurance.

Literally said not downplaying how strong your team is in other areas, learn to read.

What I'm saying is the new 6-6-6 rule seems to bring some focus back to the ruck battle, which we'll comfortably get smashed in, allowing those players you mentioned to influence the game more. If Kreuzer was fit I'd be confident in a close loss but he's not so I don't see it.
Learn to be civil on an opposition board sunshine.

Pardon the intrusion guys, just wanted to pop in and kinda wish you guys well for tonight.
Unless EVERYTHING goes right for Carlton tonight, i'm thinking Richmond will be too strong for us tonight.

Just hope we put up a good fight tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back