List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide matched the FA offer forcing it to a trade which then required arbitration.

If I recall there was a gentleman’s agreement but I could be wrong

Ok so now I'm really confused.

First you state that Cunnington is obsolete and should be moved on because he can only provide in and under grunt work, the game has moved on since the 90s where players like him were useful, and therefore he shouldn't be part of the midfield group or preferably traded out.

Now you say he isn't obsolete and is required to provide the grunt work with support from our existing midfield??

And the centre square is the worst place for Cunners? Give me a break.

You sir take the cake for the tin foil hat award.

Okay okay, let's clarify, cunnington's assets can still be very valuable.............if used correctly. Atm, we are using ziebell and cunnington as the primary onballers meaning we have them at center square as well as other stoppages when they are available. This will do not at all. They are terrible center square players but can still be very useful in general stoppage. Essentially these two should be elsewhere when the ball is bounced....

At the end of the day, the club is at a stage where we need to move to the next generation. We need to take some risks and make the team more unpredictable. Having the same old firm while can make us competitive, will not take us to the next level. The current model with Higgins and Goldstein as the premier mid and ruck has run its course and will not improve anymore. Moving them on will make us do something different, this 'different' approach might well get us results that we can't thus far.

Bank the cash for when we are ready to actually compete.

How many top 5s bnf? 0
How many AA? 0
How many premierships? 0

How many houses is he currently renovating? 2+

I'd prefer that $450k spent on someone younger and better.

If he can leadership, let him leadership in Carara.

43 + MacMillan for 26-30 would be awesome except we are only dealing with realistic trade scenarios these days.
One problem with your plan, nobody will take him. The thing to do is to tell him it's the VFL next year unless we run out of HBFs.
While we are at it we might has well get serious with the list. Higgo is given a mission to develop all the mid field kid, that his mission until he retires and goes to the media
Our number one task this trade/draft is to find a ruckman to replace Goldy. Goldy is on borrowed time no matter how we see it. When he goes we cannot rely we have. Second priority is to find a decent back man. If Durdin/BMac don't work out we are screwed. There is no guarantee Majak or EVW are going to be fit....ever. On EVW we should, god forbid he never gets back, strike a deal with Simmo or Clarko to take him under their wing. EVW is potentially a future coach. Get him the best training ASAP.

Everyone should stop dreaming about getting everyone else’s C/B grade players aka Jones or Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll worry about what Higgins and Goldy are worth in the event they indicate they don't want to stay.

I'd prefer that the players were confident enough in themselves that they knew they had a number of years ahead of them and they don't mind playing with one year contracts, Waite and Boomer played well into 30s on one-year deals. I'd hope they had seen enough of the positives around the style of footy we played under Shaw and believe if we improve on the consistency of effort and pressure then we could take a big leap forward like other teams have.

If they aren't all=in on what we are doing though, it is better we let them go and get the best possible deal out of it.

When the best player we are linked to is Tom Papley, I’m ready to throw in the towel. I’m still pi**ed off about Kelly, Martin, De Goey and Gaff burning us the way they did.
All four are a live chance of success but still none have actually spurned us for a flag yet.

Dusty?

Left-field but ex-Eagle Luke Partington won the WAFL BnF. Thought he had a bit of talent.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dusty won it in the final year of his existing contract.
Not like he was going to quit before the prelim and come to North.

When the best player we are linked to is Tom Papley, I’m ready to throw in the towel. I’m still pi**ed off about Kelly, Martin, De Goey and Gaff burning us the way they did.

Hence we got new recruitment manager. It was amateurish stuff with the big money stuff as it reeks of desperation, insecurity and messianic expectation of the big recruits. If you were Kelly, Martin, gaff, would you sing with us? I certainly wouldn’t. Having said that, Kelly is very likely to come over in that he could have signed away a six yr deal to be permanently tied to gws but in two occasions he signed only two years. He is doing this so that he can get himself to rfa eligibility and we work from there.

I've seen;
Carey in a Crows jumper
Schwatta in a Swans
Mick & Corey in a Blues

Todd and Higgo get a better offer$, good luck to them.

We'll move on. Always have. Always will.

Personally, I never recovered from the loss of Digby Morrell.

Hence we got new recruitment manager. It was amateurish stuff with the big money stuff as it reeks of desperation, insecurity and messianic expectation of the big recruits. If you were Kelly, Martin, gaff, would you sing with us? I certainly wouldn’t. Having said that, Kelly is very likely to come over in that he could have signed away a six yr deal to be permanently tied to gws but in two occasions he signed only two years. He is doing this so that he can get himself to rfa eligibility and we work from there.
I wouldn't sing with you either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back