AFL 2020 - AFL Finals Preliminary Finals (no aftertiming allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

I will tail.
Also I will expect SPP to be listed around half-forward again.
1u Ags @3.25 tab
0.3u 2g+ @17 sb
I'll try my luck again at those odds.

Port have always treated Showdowns like "big finals" I expect the same players that turn up to these games for Port to deliver on Friday night.

I think Ebert, Gray, Rozzee will be right in the thick of it on Friday in terms of goals for Port. Expect also a bow and arrow display too.

Reckon Robbie is due for a few

Aside from the obvious in Dixon, I can see Ebert, Rozee, Duursma and Wobbie all scoring on Friday night?

Biggest night ever in Port's history on Friday night in Adelaide. Should be a cracking final. Whats the max crowd capacity?

Yeah, I will probably add him 2+ to a SGM with Guthrie & Lyons 15+ in hopes of getting the bonus bet back if he decides to kick 1.5

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thou shall not speak of that day again where he kicked 0.4 and cost me a bucket! It wasn't Caleb Daniel bad but it was pretty bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like Port this Friday especially if there is dewy conditions

There is no dew like conditions in Adelaide, at least not at the moment. Im expecting the Friday's night game conditions to be like the weather we get tonight here, so I will let you guys know.

*This board needs a meteorologist. :drunk: :D

There is no dew like conditions in Adelaide, at least not at the moment. Im expecting the Friday's night game conditions to be like the weather we get tonight here, so I will let you guys know.

*This board needs a meteorologist. :drunk: :D

Should just say the rain that is expected in some way shape or form lol...McKensie might not look as bad as a key defender in the rain

I'm not sure how it's possible, but it seems like i'm a bit of a contrarian backing Richmond.

They're the better team, far more finals experience, proven in bigger games, have the best superstar, outstanding in the dew / rain, good structure, well coached.

Additionally i'm concerned for Bris and Port having 1 game in 3 weeks. I think for some teams this is a big disadvantage (teams winning week 1 are 4 and 4 in prelims whereas before the change they were 7 and 1). I think some teams come out really flat.

Remember Port have been carried through this season with HGA and aren't a proven finals side. I don't see any advantage to Port in terms of mids, forwards or backs. Edwards and Prestia back in means that dangerous players like Bolton now play forward. I don't give too much credence to the Port win vs Rich because the latter had personnel missing and a 4 day break.

On the flipside Port have HGA, plenty of enthusiasm and coming off a solid win vs Geel.

Think it's madness backing against Rich in a massive game vs Port who haven't played finals since 2014.

As far as rankings go I have Port the 4th best team currently in finals. Odds seem a bit out because you can get both games at +2.5 but Rich are better than Geel and Bris are better than Port imo.

I agree Mook. Port have Dixon who they can double team as no one needs to stand Marshall, he doesn't do anything. Port's kids have been fantastic but it's finals now, they've never been here. Lynch back in the team, Prestia and Edwards with run in the legs, Dusty can spend time forward when not being a star in the mids.

Other than HGA, I struggle to see where Port are better (this isn't a bias Crows comment. I'd actually like Port to win the flag over the others given how many Port mates I have). Their ladder position is greatly helped by home games + neutral 'away' games this year. I'm taking Richmond as well

Think the tigs should be around 1.70ish

Last edited:
I'm not sure how it's possible, but it seems like i'm a bit of a contrarian backing Richmond.

They're the better team, far more finals experience, proven in bigger games, have the best superstar, outstanding in the dew / rain, good structure, well coached.

Additionally i'm concerned for Bris and Port having 1 game in 3 weeks. I think for some teams this is a big disadvantage (teams winning week 1 are 4 and 4 in prelims whereas before the change they were 7 and 1). I think some teams come out really flat.

Remember Port have been carried through this season with HGA and aren't a proven finals side. I don't see any advantage to Port in terms of mids, forwards or backs. Edwards and Prestia back in means that dangerous players like Bolton now play forward. I don't give too much credence to the Port win vs Rich because the latter had personnel missing and a 4 day break.

On the flipside Port have HGA, plenty of enthusiasm and coming off a solid win vs Geel.

Think it's madness backing against Rich in a massive game vs Port who haven't played finals since 2014.

As far as rankings go I have Port the 4th best team currently in finals. Odds seem a bit out because you can get both games at +2.5 but Rich are better than Geel and Bris are better than Port imo.

I'd agree with you, except you haven't applied the same blowtorch to the tigers.

They have looked far sloppier and more vulnerable in the last two weeks than they ever did in their flag year finals runs I think.

The tigers of previous years would have made mince meat out of my lads last week.

I'm not convinced of port either, but i think it's a genuine flip of a coin match because the tigs aren't in the finals form they have shown previously which balances out a lot of the question marks around port.

Don't discount Port's experience and hunger, a lot of them were there in 2014. It's like the eagles in 2015 and 2018.

Port will really bring it and i think tigers will find it difficult to match the intensity for 4 quarters especially after having a relatively easy game against saints last week.

True, tigers are proven in finals, but you can't really quantify port's hunger, which i think will be apparent tomorrow night.

Don't discount Port's experience and hunger, a lot of them were there in 2014. It's like the eagles in 2015 and 2018.

Port will really bring it and i think tigers will find it difficult to match the intensity for 4 quarters especially after having a relatively easy game against saints last week.

True, tigers are proven in finals, but you can't really quantify port's hunger, which i think will be apparent tomorrow night.

People picking one team over another in a prelim due to 'hunger'. Jesus wept.

Gotta say I’m in the Richmond camp here. As much as I can’t stand Lynch his importance to the team was obvious against Brisbane. They came out firing last week and basically put the game to bed at qtr time, not sure they really went for a kill, rather conserved their energy a little bit. Think they should be about a $1.70ish favourite like Burge suggested

Remove this Banner Ad

Back