Competitions 2020 e-AFL season - Round 11 vs St Kilda this Saturday!

Remove this Banner Ad

We've got the Swans this week the thread written by yours truly is here

The game is on Wednesday likely around 7pm so get around it! Up the Hawks!

Hawthorn Official team sheet Round 4 v Sydney

B: B Stratton - J Frawley - C Jiath

HB: J Sicily - S Frost - I Smith

C: R Henderson - J O'Meara - T Scully

HF: C Wingard - S Burgoyne - H Morrison

F: T O'Brien - J Patton - J Gunston

Foll: J Ceglar - J Worpel - T Mitchell

INT: W Day - L Shiels

Changes
C Wingard Int -> HF
L Bruest HF -> Out
W Day - Out -> Int

Congratulations to Will Day for making his e-AFL debut!

Will Day is set to make his virtual debut!!! Will be great to see what he can do with his shot! The game is happening tomorrow, get around it!

Hawthorn Official team sheet Round 4 v Sydney

Changes
C Wingard Int -> HF
L Bruest HF -> Out
W Day - Out -> Int

Congratulations to Will Day for making his e-AFL debut!

Will Day is set to make his virtual debut!!! Will be great to see what he can do with his shot! The game is happening tomorrow, get around it!
You just keep my man JC in the middle. Everyone else is just a sideshow :p

e-AFL Match Report (Hawthorn vs Sydney):

Thought it would be fun (and a way for me to procrastinate) to provide a summary of how the games went in this forum for those interested. After two close wins (Rich & Handbaggers) and absolutely flogging GWS, e-Hawthorn would have been confident against a winless Sydney. Unfortunately we must have been so confident that the players forgot there was a football game being simulated. We suffered our first loss in brutal fashion. I knew things were going to be pretty rough when we found ourselves 44 points down midway through the first quarter. We pegged in back to 18 at the end of Q1 but found ourselves at the mercy of a hungry Sydney and never really looked like winning it. The final margin was a 61 point defeat - 20.12. 132 to 11.5. 71. To rub salt into the wound Buddy suddenly leapt from his wheelchair and kicked 7. I think this is unequivocal proof that if I watch a simulation in its entirety we will lose and so will reluctantly refrain from doing so in future.

The Good:

Moving O’Meara to the midfield from the forward pocket (where Wingard now resides) seems to have been a masterstroke. Virtual O’Meara played an important role in our win last week and was BOG for a losing side amassing 34 disposals and 5 tackles. Wingard has also been impactful although didn’t have the kicking boots on today.

Congratulations to Will Day! The youngster managed a serviceable 18 disposals on his debut to be one of the better performers.

Harry Morrison continues to be a massive surprise packet across half-forward. The youngster has had an impact in every game he’s played so far and was good tonight racking up 23 disposals and a goal for his efforts.

The Bad:

Jon Ceglar has been a dominating force in the e-AFL landscape but today found himself against his most formidable opponent: Tom Papley. Seemingly playing from his newfound position as starting ruck, Papley amassed 26 disposals, 5 tackles, 2.2 and 19 hitouts compared to Ceglar’s 21 disposals, 2 tackles, 1.0 and 12 hitouts. The 176cm Papley towered over Ceglar in a matchup only ever previously seen in AFL Evolution.

Jon Patton & Tim O’Brien continue to be a constant headache for coach Smiles. They don’t really get involved in play and find themselves in low single digit figures. Apart from Patton’s 9 goal effort against GWS as payback for being traded for a roll of toilet paper, and O’Brien’s 3 goals against Geelong in a close game, both usually end up with between 1-4 disposals. Today was no different with a COMBINED 6. However they are also deadly accurate - Patton kicking 2 goals from 2 disposals and O’Brien kicking 2 from 4.

The Ugly:

Virtual Gunston didn’t seem to get the message from Bruest's omission. In an act of solidarity for his close mate, Gunston somehow managed to register 0 of any statistic except for 1 - a solitary Free For. I’m not sure how that works but he seemingly wasn't injured

Jiath has been quiet two weeks in a row. He was well beaten vs Sydney, 3 disposals and 2 Frees Against to his name.

Suggestions for next round:
  • Jiath out for Scrimshaw
  • Gunston out for Lewis

After a disappointing loss against the Swans we're up and running again against the Demons.
Loving the reviews VandoHawk!!!

Official Round 5 Team sheet vs Melbourne

Changes
C Jiath BP -> Out
J Scrimshaw Out -> BP
J Gunston FP -> Out
M Lewis Out -> FP

Official Round 5 Team sheet vs Melbourne

Changes
C Jiath BP -> Out
J Scrimshaw Out -> BP
J Gunston FP -> Out
M Lewis Out -> FP

Think you might've posted the wrong team there :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoiler alert, this game is an absolute thriller!!!

Official Round 6 Team sheet vs West Coast

B: B Stratton - J Frawley - J Scrimshaw

F: T O'Brien - J Patton - M Lewis

INT: J Impey - L Shiels

Changes
W Day: Int -> Out
J Impey: Out -> Int

Welcome back to the Hawthorn team Jarman Impey!!!

Alright the West Coast game is tomorrow at 6pm! Come and check it out!!!

How on earth did we lose to North Melbourne?!? Coming off a 100pt and 65 pt losses.

Lift your game Hawks!
The sim is an odd creature. That's become obvious after those losses and now that Gold Coast is having a ripper season

The sim is an odd creature. That's become obvious after those losses and now that Gold Coast is having a ripper season
I'm calling a conspiracy! It's obvious that Gil is paying the sim ambassador money to get Gil Coast on top of the ladder!

Oh and feel free to drop JC after that performance! You've got to be ruthless!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back