No Oppo Supporters 2020 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extraordinary.

Guys getting north of $500k won’t spend a few weeks away from home.

Imagine if the Ashes cricketers took that attitude.
I'm positive touring cricket parties have had players withdraw or stay home for personal reasons

Extraordinary.

Guys getting north of $500k won’t spend a few weeks away from home.

Imagine if the Ashes cricketers took that attitude.

If I was a champion cricketer I know im going on tours to be fair

If the crows power etc can go to hubs though surely richmond can

If I was a champion cricketer I know im going on tours to be fair

If the crows power etc can go to hubs though surely richmond can
Mate, even the non-champions go on tour to even remotely try to impress on a lot less money

Mate, even the non-champions go on tour to even remotely try to impress on a lot less money
Sure, but it is part of their contract that they do that.

At the start of the year AFL players were expecting to be paid a certain amount for a standard AFL season. A few months later they are earning a fraction of that, and having their lives majorly disrupted on top of that.

And sure, they could have it worse, plenty of people have lost their jobs in this crisis, many people will never earn as much as money as these guys are making. But that doesn't mean that they just have to accept all the changes being forced upon them without having some sort of voice in how we solve the problem of running a season during a pandemic.

Sure, but it is part of their contract that they do that.

At the start of the year AFL players were expecting to be paid a certain amount for a standard AFL season. A few months later they are earning a fraction of that, and having their lives majorly disrupted on top of that.

And sure, they could have it worse, plenty of people have lost their jobs in this crisis, many people will never earn as much as money as these guys are making. But that doesn't mean that they just have to accept all the changes being forced upon them without having some sort of voice in how we solve the problem of running a season during a pandemic.
Just about every profession involving big money requires time away from home.

Players refusing to go to hubs are both selfish and letting down their clubs (even though the club’s PR people will unanimously declare how the “club respects their decision” and there’ll be a spate of interviews on AFL360 featuring players solemnly declaring that “family comes first”).

Just about every profession involving big money requires time away from home.

Players refusing to go to hubs are both selfish and letting down their clubs (even though the club’s PR people will unanimously declare how the “club respects their decision” and there’ll be a spate of interviews on AFL360 featuring players solemnly declaring that “family comes first”).
Maybe some feel it would be selfish and letting down their families if they leave indefinitely when they are needed there? Everyone has different circumstance, I don't think we need to be so quick to judge the players without understanding the reasons for their decision.

Maybe some feel it would be selfish and letting down their families if they leave indefinitely when they are needed there? Everyone has different circumstance, I don't think we need to be so quick to judge the players without understanding the reasons for their decision.
West Coast and Freo sucked it up.

Refusing to “hub” is the domain of the pampered Vics who aren’t accustomed to being inconvenienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back