List Mgmt. 2020 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

If that report is accurate then I am surprised he left although I think I saw a report where the difference in contracts was 1 mil over the length so if the Blues are paying 900k for him it seems excessive more so with the uncertainties over SC and lists going forward

With his soft tissue history he is just not worth anywhere near $900. I'm actually surprised we went as high as reported.

Clearly you have an issue with the ruck set-up with Jacobs & Mumford pulling the pin.

I saw that post with a long list of potential options at other clubs but I do have to ask, do you really need to go and get another ruck ??

Having another mature ruck would be a blessing but without anyone of note being available, maybe you don't need to waste your energies finding one. Your midfield is star-studded and should be able to play to a losing or 'break even' project ruck so why can't Briggs & Flynn share the duties ??

It would fast-track their development plus if they come up well short, at least it buys you 12-months grace until next trade period when hopefully a better tradeable option may be available.

I think cap space is only part of the issue... there just aren’t any “ready to go” rucks out there on the market

I know Geelong is in the same boat needing a mature ruck and same problem. I reckon both our club's would have liked nankervis but with soldo injured I think he stays now.

Preuss manager should be calling you but then again maybe he's happy just to be on good money to play ressies and isn't motivated.

Where will the compo pick land? Top 10?

I would say that is great trade ammunition, but based on our history, it is pretty clear that no one worth trading for would actually want to come.
Patful, Shaw, Mumford, Stevie J, Griffen, Delidio all pretty good recruits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Popped over to the Lions Board and asked about the gettability of Witherden. They agreed he could go and one suggested trade would be a straight swap for O'Halloran. I like it. We wouldn't get much in a regulation trade for him but Witho would provide an elite kick coming out of defence and I think our back 6 needs that. Him in and Shaw out is a decent replacement IMO

What do you guys reckon?
That would be a terrific trade for us. Better balance, slightly better age demographic. We're looking like being slightly too young next year

Griffen and Delidio were more injured than fit.
Wouldn’t call them good recruits.
They were good high profile players who came, was a response to saying good players don't want to come here. I think that is completely false.

Griffen and Delidio were more injured than fit.
Wouldn’t call them good recruits.
I'm flipping back and forth on agreeing with you.

IMO both were good recruits. Griffen I'm actually fine with either way. He only missed a couple of games either way in the lead up to the trade and we got massive value for Boyd on his way out. His first year was about par before he really hit a cliff in a hurry.

Lids was a good recruit but poor trading. There's no way he should have been a first round pick given his recent injury history at that point, and his age. We obviously saw an opportunity, barged in, and overpaid when bidding against ourselves. A bit reminiscent of the Fev debacle to be honest (in the trade process, not the outcome).

But both were quality players who chose to come to us.

Clearly you have an issue with the ruck set-up with Jacobs & Mumford pulling the pin.

I saw that post with a long list of potential options at other clubs but I do have to ask, do you really need to go and get another ruck ??

Having another mature ruck would be a blessing but without anyone of note being available, maybe you don't need to waste your energies finding one. Your midfield is star-studded and should be able to play to a losing or 'break even' project ruck so why can't Briggs & Flynn share the duties ??

It would fast-track their development plus if they come up well short, at least it buys you 12-months grace until next trade period when hopefully a better tradeable option may be available.
That is what I d like to see.
Both U/18 AA rucks. Give them a go.

all depends on at what cost.
If we get him as a bargain, sure, I dont want to pay overs for him.

He hasnt cracked it at 2 clubs, unlikely to become the savior
Preuss is exactly what we need. He has been behind Goldstein and Gawn... no wonder he hasnt had a crack at it. Only 25. Wouldnt cost much. Huge fella who has a crack. Definitely get him in. We need ruck depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back