List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Cameron is pretty hot for Geelong. GWS took him Rockpool and he still appears to be in the go. When Brian Cook comes out on WA radio station and says we’re right into Jez and had a number of conversations with him to me that says the bread cooking in the oven is almost done.

Its being almost too transparent. Its like when we courted Boak ... the sin was doing it in front of all... when we all know everone talks to everyone behind the scenes. Cameron is a "May" till I see him say he wants us .. and then we see how the trade is completed.... and maybe we need cap room .. hence some slight possibility on Clark

Just this season they were able to pay their players almost $600,000 outside the salary by using the veterans concessions.

Everyone has access to those rules, it's what should make the signing of Mundy a bit easier.

I thought that the AFL got rid of the veterans list concessions awhile ago.

We also have to remember we don't have a 3rd or 4th, so we'll need to get a bit creative.

I also want us to protect our picks for next year, so maybe go to Hawks and offer them a pick swap early so we can get everything done?

Pick 10 (1395) for Pick 21, 41, 43 +Future 3rd (1838).

Pick 21 - Ford?
Pick 26 - O'Driscoll?
Pick 41 - Walker
Pick 43 - Western

That won't happen.

GWS has cap issues and can't match.

Cameron will net compo 1, which will be pick 9.
Pretty sure they’d be able to match whatever Geelong are offering, they’re not exactly rolling in spare funds either... Plus without Williams on the books, that they would have banked on, I imagine they’d be ok

Also Narkle being close with Shai Bolton could be used to our advantage if we wanna make a play for him next year.

Get your point...but...we recruit someone to recruit someone else :cool:

Pretty sure they’d be able to match whatever Geelong are offering, they’re not exactly rolling in spare funds either... Plus without Williams on the books, that they would have banked on, I imagine they’d be ok
Spot on. I know there are some smart cookies in the AFL and at GWS, but it was only 18 months ago they were facing a 2 million dollar black hole in their TPP.

Yes, McCartney has worked his butt off, and Campell before him, and they've moved some players on, but they face an impossible battle which stems from the ridiculous way they structured their list, particularly their age profile under Silvagni.

Blind Freddy knew GWS was facing a mass exodus if they only drafted kids in the first 2 years - Silvagni couldn't see it. Not that I'm complaining mind you, we'll run out next year with Lobb, Logue, Darcy and Ryan as an indirect result of it.

GWS really left in the position that if they want to keep the Premiership door open they can't afford to let Cameron go - yet they can't financially afford to keep him without continuing to watch their depth walk out the door.

Can someone explain to me why Jordan Clark is a good target for us? I'm not doubting anyone, I just want to know what field position he would play at Freo and what kind of size he is, what he brings that deserves our #10 pick etc. I have only seen glimpses of him, and what I saw wasn't very noteworthy. Cheers.

Clark has close similarities with Luke Hodge. His penetrating kicking, marking, run, reading of the play afford him versatility as has already been proven with him playing, wing, half back, half forward, and on the ball. But he has had a quieter 2020 since that serious elbow injury at training in August last year.

Clark has close similarities with Luke Hodge. His penetrating kicking, marking, run, reading of the play afford him versatility as has already been proven with him playing, wing, half back, half forward, and on the ball. But he has had a quieter 2020 since that serious elbow injury at training in August last year.

So does anyone know if his elbow is better or are we contemplating trading for another team’s ‘damaged goods’ again.

I don’t want to be negative but we’ve been burnt so many times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does anyone know if his elbow is better or are we contemplating trading for another team’s ‘damaged goods’ again.

I don’t want to be negative but we’ve been burnt so many times

yes thats my concern.....check this out re 2019 finals....but this year I think four games through out the first 12 rounds

Do you think Geelong would be considering Jesse Hogan if they miss out on Jeremy Cameron?

May be why Freo are so into Clarke

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does anyone remember GLyons stance on Gus and Jesse rumours?
He seems pretty strong on Oliver staying, the blues fans still seem pretty strong on it happening.

Just want to see if he’s got a track record of being in denial or not
If he is wrong it will be because his mail is no good. He is pragmatic even with Melbourne.
Trading pick 5 and 6 for Lobb, hogan, Sturt and change is a disaster.

The longer I think about it the worse it looks.
Sturt can save the Lobb one but obviously if we move Hogan on it is a disaster.

Trading pick 5 and 6 for Lobb, hogan, Sturt and change is a disaster.

The longer I think about it the worse it looks.
I have faith in Sturt to be a top quality player if he can stay fit. But s**t, when you put it like that it doesn’t look good. Conor Rozee and Ben King...

Forward craft is what we need. High marking, straight kicking, bit of guile - forwards.

Any options in the state leagues?
Zac Strom maybe? Alec Waterman goes well. No idea how their wafl form would translate, but Strom is 198cm, took 6 contested marks in the WAFL GF, works up the ground, has a decent tank, and with his kicking boots on (and no gale force winds on the day), could have had 3-4 goals. Waterman was delisted because of CFS, but he seems to be well over that, so could be worth another go at the top level. Plus he has a decent haircut, not a dirty mullet like his weagle brother.

would love to get Clark, but hopefully any 2021 picks are kept.

Surely we are going to pick up shannon neale right? Cant let another south freo boy end up on the east coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back