List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

CAMERON DEAL

This one appears the hardest nut to crack of the three, and people close to the deal are still uncertain which way it goes.

Trenches are being dug, as we speak.

In a nutshell, the Giants are slated to receive pick No. 10 as free agency compensation.

It is a selection the Cats strongly believe the Giants should accept for a man who will be 28 early next season.

But GWS want more, and will bank on the Cats pulling off a similar deal to the Dangerfield transaction with Adelaide in 2015.

In that deal, the Cats gave up No. 9, No. 28 and Dean Gore, who never played, for Brownlow Medal winner Patrick Dangerfield.

To solve the impasse, the Giants could accept pick No. 10 from the AFL as free agency compensation and then the Cats could help look after the Giants in another way, if they can.

Had GWS not already committed to Braydon Preuss, perhaps ruckman Rhys Stanley could have been the man to help solve the Giants’ ruck issues in a win-win trade.

It is why Esava Ratugolea, 22, and 202cm Cat Sam De Koning, 19, loom large for the Giants, even though the Cats have no plans at this stage to release them.

But there could be another three-club solution involving Fremantle’s Jesse Hogan.

The Cats could send gun young defender Jordan Clark to the Dockers in exchange for a high-end pick swap.

In turn, the Dockers give Hogan to GWS on the cheap. It means the Giants essentially receive pick No. 10 as free agency compensation and key forward Hogan for Cameron.

While a lot of due diligence must be done to see if Hogan can fit in at GWS, and he may not, it is the kind of solution that might be required to suit both parties.

How will Cameron and three top picks change the Cats?

Out-of-favour Melbourne big man Tom McDonald is another option.

The Cats won’t want Cameron falling into the pre-season draft as Essendon and Sydney Swans, in theory, could both entertain taking him for nothing.

Geelong is adamant it won’t give up multiple first-round picks for Cameron, but the Cats will be pushed to satisfy the Giants in another way.

GWS wants to make a stand after another wave of player departures as it attempts to secure more money in its salary cap to make up for higher house prices in Sydney.

Seventy per cent of the Giants list hails from interstate.

Lose Hogan and pick 10
Get Clarke and pick 18

I think I would want a third round pick back for Western and Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

CAMERON DEAL

This one appears the hardest nut to crack of the three, and people close to the deal are still uncertain which way it goes.

Trenches are being dug, as we speak.

In a nutshell, the Giants are slated to receive pick No. 10 as free agency compensation.

It is a selection the Cats strongly believe the Giants should accept for a man who will be 28 early next season.

But GWS want more, and will bank on the Cats pulling off a similar deal to the Dangerfield transaction with Adelaide in 2015.

In that deal, the Cats gave up No. 9, No. 28 and Dean Gore, who never played, for Brownlow Medal winner Patrick Dangerfield.

To solve the impasse, the Giants could accept pick No. 10 from the AFL as free agency compensation and then the Cats could help look after the Giants in another way, if they can.

Had GWS not already committed to Braydon Preuss, perhaps ruckman Rhys Stanley could have been the man to help solve the Giants’ ruck issues in a win-win trade.

It is why Esava Ratugolea, 22, and 202cm Cat Sam De Koning, 19, loom large for the Giants, even though the Cats have no plans at this stage to release them.

But there could be another three-club solution involving Fremantle’s Jesse Hogan.

The Cats could send gun young defender Jordan Clark to the Dockers in exchange for a high-end pick swap.

In turn, the Dockers give Hogan to GWS on the cheap. It means the Giants essentially receive pick No. 10 as free agency compensation and key forward Hogan for Cameron.

While a lot of due diligence must be done to see if Hogan can fit in at GWS, and he may not, it is the kind of solution that might be required to suit both parties.

How will Cameron and three top picks change the Cats?

Out-of-favour Melbourne big man Tom McDonald is another option.

The Cats won’t want Cameron falling into the pre-season draft as Essendon and Sydney Swans, in theory, could both entertain taking him for nothing.

Geelong is adamant it won’t give up multiple first-round picks for Cameron, but the Cats will be pushed to satisfy the Giants in another way.

GWS wants to make a stand after another wave of player departures as it attempts to secure more money in its salary cap to make up for higher house prices in Sydney.

Seventy per cent of the Giants list hails from interstate.

Lose Hogan and pick 10
Get Clarke and pick 18

Rendell on trade radio is something different to listen to as a guy with no media training but a lot of knowledge on the list management side.

Looking forward to his thoughts on us.

(Even if he clearly didnt realise Cox just re-signed for two years)

Rendell on trade radio is something different to listen to as a guy with no media training but a lot of knowledge on the list management side.

Looking forward to his thoughts on us.

(Even if he clearly didnt realise Cox just re-signed for two years)

Is this Matt Rendell who is assigned to some derogatory comments against indigenous parents and AFL recruiting?

Is this Matt Rendell who is assigned to some derogatory comments against indigenous parents and AFL recruiting?
and walked into a job at collingwood shortly after, yes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lose Hogan and pick 10
Get Clarke and pick 18

I can see a three-way with Geelong and GWS happening but it will be very late in the trade period. I’m not sure whether Jordan Clark wants out but on the assumption he does then Geelong won’t want him to go and it will go down to the last day. However an outcome like that with swapping of picks would be an option and GWS get a replacement forward. Hogan played a very good game against GWS at Canberra in 2019.

so we picked last year's Rising Star winner and there's complaints that we wasted a top pick on Hogan, but yet we also want to swap out a (sort of) top 10 pick for a bloke that can't make his team's best 22. Why wouldn't we use our first pick to get the best tall forward we can. Western and Brandon will top up the speed needs for a packet of chips. Team balance restored regardless of what Hogan does or doesn't do.

so we picked last year's Rising Star winner and there's complaints that we wasted a top pick on Hogan, but yet we also want to swap out a (sort of) top 10 pick for a bloke that can't make his team's best 22. Why wouldn't we use our first pick to get the best tall forward we can. Western and Brandon will top up the speed needs for a packet of chips. Team balance restored regardless of what Hogan does or doesn't do.

Geelong has a list that’s in its premiership window I would agree with you if they were in a rebuild but Jordan Clark got 5th in the rising star in a draft up there with 2001. He’s worth pick 10/11 with a late second or early third rounder back.

Let’s say Hogan stays.

Do we really want him to play 11 games next year to trigger that 2 year extension and massive payrise?

He doesn’t deserve it.

This is the reason why both Freo/Hogan want this trade to happen this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you thought he was disruptive and had no respect for authority when he was fighting to qualify for a 2 year extension..

Let’s say Hogan stays.

Do we really want him to play 11 games next year to trigger that 2 year extension and massive payrise?

He doesn’t deserve it.

This is the reason why both Freo/Hogan want this trade to happen this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the reason why the club hasn't said anything apart from
'We need to sit down with Jesse and his management and sort through some things' or whatever.
They want to ammend his contract and get rid of the trigger/extension business, and Jesse and his management will be all like
'These other guys in Sydney are offering X amount.'
And then Belly will go incentive based -
'Ok how about we get rid of the trigger and we give you this amount per game and/or goals kicked. Plus a feather for your cap.'
And they'll either go
"Ok no worries see you first day of pre-season with a hangover Dinga'
Or -
"Nah im gonna go get on the crack with Buddy in Sydney, catcha later thanks for the lols.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back