List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

The Daniher Trade is a big win for Brisbane. The AFL are obsessed with both QLD clubs and so want them to keep both their first round picks. If bombers matched the trade it wouldn’t have happened. AFL house are as corrupt as *. Silvagni retold the jaeger o meara story from 2011 today and basically the AFL stepped in to ensure he got to the suns.

Because culture, trust and standards exist. No one is trading him away because we don't rate his ability. How are people still not getting this yet?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Champ, there are campaigners in our team and all of the teams that do what Jesse does and worse. They just haven't been caught yet.

I mean campaigners want to trade in Shai Bolton and talk about culture on the other hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You gotta laugh at this two bit amateur comp the AFL knows the average punter wouldn’t understand what goes on with free agency and trading and that they don’t give s**t about it thats why they do what they do.

Matt Rendell on Trade Radio just now:

“If I’m West coast, and North Melbourne take Logan McDonald at pick 2, I’m on the phone to him a minute later saying “we’ll get ya home in 2 years time kid, we’ll have the cap space and you can replace Kennedy for the next decade”.

Interesting that he didn’t mention freo at all as a Potential home for Logan.
then again, I’d say you could write what Matt Rendell knows about the Fremantle football club on the back of a postage stamp.
Well he said we wouldn't be interested in Clark because we already have enough speed around the ball... despite JL saying the exact opposite 3 weeks ago.

I wouldn't sweat his opinion too much.

Apparantly Cameron is going to be paid a million a year by Geelong. How the fu** is Freo having Salery Cap issues yet Geelong can fit in a million a year.

Right back at the start of the year there was talk of a WA player heading home this trade period, who is to say that hasn't been Jordan Clark all along and Geelong has planned for him to not be on their books the entire time?

They've talked about Freo having a player's salary allocated for 2021 who isn't currently on the list.

Plenty of talk appears to happen in a week but these things have been in the works for a long time.

He managed to play an extra game than Hogan this season and since he hasn't kicked any goals at all in his career yet I have to use points, 33 points less than Hogan did this year.

If we want a big bodied midfielder who can't kick, Banfield is right there.

Brander is 196cm so way taller than Banfield (who is till tall at 190cm), and he is very quick and mobile for that height and played mainly on a wing for the Eagles this year. But I haven’t seen him take enough overhead grabs to say he will be KPF, although I think he will eventually be a good player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brander is 196cm so way taller than Banfield (who is till tall at 190cm), and he is very quick and mobile for that height and played mainly on a wing for the Eagles this year. But I haven’t seen him take enough overhead grabs to say he will be KPF, although I think he will eventually be a good player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Latest on Brander is he’ll dig in and try for a spot in the backline

Does anyone know how reduced list sizes vs salary cap play into the equation?

we must all think that Mundy should be a shoe in for a new contract but is still waiting. Lots of people are worried about hogan but how screwed would we be without Mundy next year? he has surely been instrumental in the rise of our young midfield talent and I reckon has a lot more to give next year.

Does anyone know how reduced list sizes vs salary cap play into the equation?

we must all think that Mundy should be a shoe in for a new contract but is still waiting. Lots of people are worried about hogan but how screwed would we be without Mundy next year? he has surely been instrumental in the rise of our young midfield talent and I reckon has a lot more to give next year.
Joel Corey has taken his place.

Agree and I don’t understand your reference to band 1 compo received in your proposal. Cameron is either on the table or off the table. The paperwork for him will likely come through if not today then by tomorrow. Then GWS has three days to match. If they match, which I believe they will he can be part of a mega trade. If they accept then Band 1 compo (which will be pick 10 or 11) is with GWS but you can’t have both as part of the trade.

Reading AFL.com.au and there seems to be a lot of media (in reference to Hogan) making up rubbish over the past week or so, not surprising.

The reports of Hogan fire sale for a late third (ie minimal trade cost) and covering a decent portion of his salary seem to be way off the mark.

McCartney (GWS) said that GWS and a number of other clubs (3-4 reportedly) are going through due diligence process with Hogan and that he still has one foot in the door with Freo. This added to the fact that JL has said previously he is contracted and otherwise expected be at the club (or more recently stating that these discussions shouldn’t be had in public), Fyfe saying that they won’t discard Hogan and the CEO/Chairman indicating that they needed to have further discussions with Hogan and his management doesn’t sound like a fire sale scenario.

It seems to me we won’t be just giving him up for a bag of chips. We won’t get our return back either. Likely value around an early to mid Second and best case scenario for Freo getting involved with multiple clubs for player swaps and pick swaps. Whether Clarke is part of this process is still to be seen.

As you propose either Clarke involved with second pushed back to some later picks for points. If Clarke isn’t involved a straight swap for a pick around late 1st/end of 1st/early second (ie 19-24) or a good upgrade of our second to around the 13-15 pick mark. These scenarios should suit our circumstances with the academy players rated around 25 plus.
Thats how I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back