List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Hell no. You don't limit Youngs' vision and penetrating kick to just in front of the big sticks. Cox will become our Hooker.
Fair Point
Was more of a desperado type scenario in the absence of anyone else this coming season if / when Hogan gone and Sturt undercooked .

Never said he didn’t. I’m just saying that sometimes when you ask players to step up, they do. I don’t buy into that nostalgia stuff. I have the philosophy that you get rid of a player one year too early than one year too late. I guess I have more confidence in our young midfield than you.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dont get me wrong Im super excited about our young midfield especially seeing as they seem to have a lot of upside. after all cerra, brayshaw and serong only have 7 years afl experience between them. I just think Mundy will help them reach their potential faster if he is with us for another year.
plus who knows... if his good form continues he could be the difference for us making finals...

ok... picture this for 2021...

our new coaching staff helps the team work out our inside 50 efficiency during preseason

Tabs remains injury free and finishes top 3 for coleman medal 40+ goals

Lobb figures out how to stop his ridiculous stutter step during preseason, starts ripping games to shreds 20+ goals

Sturt gets more games and kicks some bags (he got 3 goals in his first game!) 15+ goals

Walters gets back into his best form and kicks 30+ goals

Fyfe plays forward more kicks 20+ goals (and creates more opportunities for other forwards)

Mundy kicks 5+ goals

Cerra kicks 5+ goals

sean darcy kicks 5+ goals

Henry has a huge preseason, puts on some kgs and starts looking dangerous. 10+ goals

Hogan stays but only gets 5 games and kicks 3 goals

Brawshaw seems a bit ******* in front of goals unfortunately.... 5, 7 and 0 goals over last 3 seasons. but that would be amazing if he could start doing that!
He Needs to or he's out IMO
Need to put the hard word on these guys so they don't think what they are doing is ok .
With a lacklustre forward line next season ( unless some miracle happens) we need to create more scoring options from our midfielders penetrating.

The Geelong Aged Care Football Club....I like it...sounds okay :D

Speaking of Geelong they are in desperate need of a KPD to replace Taylor. We should be keeping Hogan (given Tabs has had injury problems and Lobb can’t be our only KPF) and focus on getting something for our abundance of KPD (Pearce, Logue, Hamling, Logue) and Duman and Watson as back ups. I would trade one of Pearce/Hamling/Cox but definitely not Logue to get Clark from Geelong. You could argue which one of that 3 we should trade, but I reckon Pearce is the best lock down defender out of the 3 (particularly on the monster forwards) and Cox is the best intercept mark and kick out of the 3, while Hamling fits in between. Does anybody reckon Geelong could swallow their pride and take Hamling back. Maybe if we can’t get Clark we could a swallow our pride and take Menegola back!

Speaking of Geelong they are in desperate need of a KPD to replace Taylor. We should be keeping Hogan (given Tabs has had injury problems and Lobb can’t be our only KPF) and focus on getting something for our abundance of KPD (Pearce, Logue, Hamling, Logue) and Duman and Watson as back ups. I would trade one of Pearce/Hamling/Cox but definitely not Logue to get Clark from Geelong. You could argue which one of that 3 we should trade, but I reckon Pearce is the best lock down defender out of the 3 (particularly on the monster forwards) and Cox is the best intercept mark and kick out of the 3, while Hamling fits in between. Does anybody reckon Geelong could swallow their pride and take Hamling back. Maybe if we can’t get Clark we could a swallow our pride and take Menegola back!

Kind Of missing the point here I think .

Hogan is only going coz by all accounts ( mostly conjecture from this side of the screen) he is a pain in JLos ass .

We need him and would happily keep him if he had showed some consistency over his years here and didn't have the off field misdemeanours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its essentially GWS saying, ok, we wont match if you can get Hogan and some change to come our way. Is this draft tampering (legit question)?

It would need to be sorted out prior to all the above going through.

I hope you're right and we get some value for Hogan
It is very much in the discussion as draft/trade tampering. Gaz Lyon was suggesting the same for St Kilda and Brad Crouch which is silly talk.

The only thing Geelong could do is allow a trade with GWS at a lowish cost but not enough to raise the eyebrows of the AFL. For example ratugolea for a 3rd round pick, but the two items are well separate of each other.

The paperwork for Cameron has been lodged so should know tomorrow whether GWS are likely to match.

Yep. Trading him in was a massive mistake.

But we’re fixing it and will move forward. No point crying over spilt milk.
It wasn’t bobby hill anyway. He was selected 3 spots before our pick 23 (which moved back to 27). Tom Sparrow was selected at 27 which was the pick we gave for Hogan and we got Bewley (at 59) along with Hogan.

Kind Of missing the point here I think .

Hogan is only going coz by all accounts ( mostly conjecture from this side of the screen) he is a pain in JLos ass .

We need him and would happily keep him if he had showed some consistency over his years here and didn't have the off field misdemeanours
Well it seems people completely blank out that Hogan has had injury interruptions in both the years he has been at Freo so far and just saying he is a shadow of what he was before he came a bit out of context. And this year when he will finally get a pre season in we fk him off, I won't be surprised if he kicks 50+ next year for someone else.

However yes it is because of his off field stuff that he is on the outer.

In the end we brought Hogan in because he wanted back home to deal with his issues off the field and injuries.

Unfortunately for him neither of those have been sorted going into his third year at Freo. More so that he doesn't exactly hide his private life so that adds fuel to the fire.

I feel he may always be a player that will have question marks next to his name no matter where he goes. He did at Melbourne, he did here and he will most probably have them wherever he goes next.

Talented but sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

Champ, there are campaigners in our team and all of the teams that do what Jesse does and worse. They just haven't been caught yet.

I mean campaigners want to trade in Shai Bolton and talk about culture on the other hand.
Agree with the first bit.

But have I missed some major news about Shai Bolton?

It is very much in the discussion as draft/trade tampering. Gaz Lyon was suggesting the same for St Kilda and Brad Crouch which is silly talk.

The only thing Geelong could do is allow a trade with GWS at a lowish cost but not enough to raise the eyebrows of the AFL. For example ratugolea for a 3rd round pick, but the two items are well separate of each other.

The paperwork for Cameron has been lodged so should know tomorrow whether GWS are likely to match.

It would be nice to be the tramperer instead of the tamperee for a change

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Harry Taylor has retired. There goes the Clark train 😢
Isnt Taylor a KPD? Not sure it has a major impact on the status of Jordan Clark really

Isnt Taylor a KPD? Not sure it has a major impact on the status of Jordan Clark really
No impact! Just means Blitz slides back into is natural KB roll and Smith and Higgins probs onto the wing.

Harry Taylor has retired. There goes the Clark train 😢
Money isn’t an issue and they don’t play the same position. For Clark his frustration was being left out in the queue. That midfield/ HBF queue has just grown now with Higgins and Smith added to the starting 22.

Sam Menegola is being looked at by other clubs (doubt he will leave). The likes of Narkle, Constable and Cockatoo leaving or staying have no impact either as they are depth players to be replaced by new draftees.

I imagine Freo won’t go away in their efforts to convince Jordan to leave. Let’s see what happens. I remember Weller leaving wasn’t even on the radar until midway through the trade week and many players have said they will stay and then end up going.

Collingwood seem to be all over the shop having a big garage sale. Not sure how that all plays out and they are locked into a contract for Dayne Beams. Seems we have been in Mihocek’s ear and interested to see how that plays out with him only a couple of years older than Hogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back