List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Colyer has never played a good game for us. He’s never positively impacted the game for us in a meaningful way in his 14 games. Those 14 games could have been put into a young player or two that have greater upside. It wouldn’t have changed the result in any of the games.
When you think that St kilda got Dan Butler for less than we paid for Colyer and think that Butler looks like an All Australian so far this year, you see how bad the trade was.

Only 94% accurate. He was good to very good away to GWS last year. Other than that he has been garbage.

If we want a slowish, ball winning/contested beast with average disposal I'd rather we have a crack at Constable. Obviously not a WA boy but significantly younger than Brad Crouch and apparently really good mates with Andy Brayshaw. Starved of opportunity at Geelong and I believe he has a year to run on his contract. Wouldn't cost a great deal in a trade.

No to Brad Crouch for mine. As others have said he doesn't offer a whole lot more than Blakely and he'd only be pushing out one of our developing kids. Once the kids in Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong and Valente come on we should be well covered for inside ball winning mids. Not to mention the older blokes Blakely, Acres, Conca, Aish and Fyfe should still be around to rotate through there.

Yeah, at the moment we're getting smashed at the stoppages but we've drafted the right personnel to rectify that in the long term and I'm sure with a few tweaks the current mob can get going in the short term.

I liked Constable in his U18s year. He was regarded as not a great user but he had a knack of weighting the kick to the advantage of his team mate so although it's not some flat bullet it still gets the job done.

And yes, contracted until end of 2021. But he has played 7 games out of almost 53 ish possible

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
Is it too early to get your perspective on what Freo should be drafting and any ideas on who?
I think I speak for all here, in saying that your perspective is very much respected.

I've quite enjoyed the footy shutdown so far this year, gave me an excuse to step back a bit. And it's hard to really form too many opinions yet, barely any of the draft prospects have played. But when you're likely picking in the top 3, it's always best available.

I'm a big fan of Denver Grainger-Barras. I have him at #3 on my board overall, and I daresay most clubs would have him in the top 2 or 3. So he's the obvious pick for us. Otherwise my #1 is actually Elijah Hollands, good chance he'll be available to us with injury ruling out of this year. He's the explosive mid/forward type. Depending on where we pick and how his season goes, Nathan O'Driscoll would be the other I expect to be in the mix for us. He's a fairly well complete midfielder, and his little growth spurt this year helps push him higher up the board.

Whilst I certainly agree and am a big fan-he’s also thus highly rated by Geelong, they won’t be open to trading him under any normal circumstances
Eh, we werent open to trading Hill and we had no choice, even with two years left.

Not saying it has to be this year, but he's one that would suit us. Also, not been injured and not getting a game, cant be THAT highly rated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, we werent open to trading Hill and we had no choice, even with two years left.

Not saying it has to be this year, but he's one that would suit us. Also, not been injured and not getting a game, cant be THAT highly rated
Re Hill That’s what I meant by normal circumstances.. unless you think St Kilda came a knocking and freo went “yeah sure why the hell not?”.

Well the fact Geelong offered him a 2 year extension straight up and considering his impressive rookie year in a team that made the PF,
I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’s rated internally and think people might be reading a little too much into not getting a game atm ,remember it’s only his second year...
Wouldn’t be the first kid to struggle in his second season of AFL

but yes as I stated previously I’m a big fan and hope the club is at least continually asking the question regardless

Re Hill That’s what I meant by normal circumstances.. unless you think St Kilda came a knocking and freo went “yeah sure why the hell not?”.

Well the fact Geelong offered him a 2 year extension straight up and considering his impressive rookie year in a team that made the PF,
I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’s rated internally and think people might be reading a little too much into not getting a game atm ,remember it’s only his second year...
Wouldn’t be the first kid to struggle in his second season of AFL

but yes as I stated previously I’m a big fan and hope the club is at least continually asking the question regardless
I think this is his third season, he didn't play at all his first season.

I've quite enjoyed the footy shutdown so far this year, gave me an excuse to step back a bit. And it's hard to really form too many opinions yet, barely any of the draft prospects have played. But when you're likely picking in the top 3, it's always best available.

I'm a big fan of Denver Grainger-Barras. I have him at #3 on my board overall, and I daresay most clubs would have him in the top 2 or 3. So he's the obvious pick for us. Otherwise my #1 is actually Elijah Hollands, good chance he'll be available to us with injury ruling out of this year. He's the explosive mid/forward type. Depending on where we pick and how his season goes, Nathan O'Driscoll would be the other I expect to be in the mix for us. He's a fairly well complete midfielder, and his little growth spurt this year helps push him higher up the board.
Interesting viewpoint. The knock on DGB is that he could be an elite intercept defender but not as versatile as some of the others ie able to play midfield. Is O’Driscoll a better player than Deven Robertson, has a similar kicking style..
it would be a Big gamble selecting Elijah Holland’s coming off an ACL. If he slid into the teens like Brodie Kemp did last year he might be worth trading up for maybe

Interesting viewpoint. The knock on DGB is that he could be an elite intercept defender but not as versatile as some of the others ie able to play midfield. Is O’Driscoll a better player than Deven Robertson, has a similar kicking style..
it would be a Big gamble selecting Elijah Holland’s coming off an ACL. If he slid into the teens like Brodie Kemp did last year he might be worth trading up for maybe
O'Driscoll has a long left peg but not necessarily accurate. His write-ups remind me of Danger actually.

we need all the frikken help we can get :(

Yep, why would we need a player that averages 26 touches, 6 tackles and 5 clearances a game. We’ve got plenty of those. 😟

He’d automatically become our second best mid and would free up Fyfe, Walters and the young fella’s. I like Blakely but this guy is better, much better.

We’d be crazy not to try and get him. It’d improve us as a team no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back