List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

I think he is very good mates with Andy Brayshaw too.

He's a not quick, clean hands big bodied midfielder with a tidy kick rated by me as between Brayshaw and Cerra. He can take a mark too from what I've seen.

I expect Geelong are keeping him around to slot into Joel Selwood's spot.

Is Allir Allir a free agent next year and worth a look at?

We’d probably have to pay the wage of Pearce or Hamling to get him across and I don’t think he’d be best 22. He’d be a good depth player though.

Having said that the salary cap pretty much prevents clubs from paying that much to depth players.

He's a not quick, clean hands big bodied midfielder with a tidy kick rated by me as between Brayshaw and Cerra. He can take a mark too from what I've seen.

So...you're saying he is slow, has poor skills, is scrawny and can't kick... but at least he can take a mark? Haha, sounds great!

Sounds a bit like Luke Valente based on how Valente has been described (would be nice to see him at some stage)

I think he has a bit more toe than Valente.. Valente is an inside mid distributer... CC can break a line and then distribute..kicking can let him down at times..

He would be on the edge of our best 22. But may push others like Valente to look elsewhere if he came in.

CConstable

21 yo
191cm
86kg

So sort of like a Blake Acres

Sounds a bit like Luke Valente based on how Valente has been described (would be nice to see him at some stage)
Yep ...again,
unless the club sees no future in valente why the hell would we chase constable??
Whatever our next midfielder is be them inside ,outside or combo(preference)
they need to have pace!... and by that I mean genuinely quick otherwise we 'll just end up like Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne's issue is that their three inside midfielders, both wings and one of their half backs are shocking kicks.

Currently we have Mundy, Cerra, Tucker, Aish, Walters, Young, Ryan who are all superior.
Well besides the fact that 2 of those are hb flankers and mundys in his last year I'm talking from a sameness aspect/ point of difference

What does constable add that valenete wouldn't and add different to the names you ve mentioned above all of whom(besides tucker) would be considered slow or average paced players?

Well besides the fact that 2 of those are hb flankers and mundys in his last year I'm talking from a sameness aspect/ point of difference

What does constable add that valenete wouldn't and add different to the names you ve mentioned above all of whom(besides tucker) would be considered slow or average paced players?
Valente hasn't yet played any AFL and we actually don't know what he is going to offer.

Of course there were half backs listed, I listed Melbourne's issue including them.

Everybody talking about Constable and Angus Brayshaw as possible targets.

I think its a mistake. Melbourne has a lot of inside midfielders who hard at it but lack skill and quickness.

Our midfield isn't as slow or lack skill as Melbourne but its not elite.

Getting Constable or Brayshaw doesn't help the situation.

Melbourne's issue is that their three inside midfielders, both wings and one of their half backs are shocking kicks.

Currently we have Mundy, Cerra, Tucker, Aish, Walters, Young, Ryan who are all superior.
Lets compare against the best teams and not the likes of Melbourne.

We still lack skill and speed.

Assuming a trade costs a first round pick, I would prefer to have either of O’Driscoll or Trew on the list than Angus Brayshaw.

From reports, O’Driscoll could play and impact early and his kicking adds to some impressive firepower that we are accumulating.

A trade in our favour as happened with Aish, sure. A sell the farm for a key piece of the puzzle trade is something we need to be very cautious about.

Assuming a trade costs a first round pick, I would prefer to have either of O’Driscoll or Trew on the list than Angus Brayshaw.

From reports, O’Driscoll could play and impact early and his kicking adds to some impressive firepower that we are accumulating.

A trade in our favour as happened with Aish, sure. A sell the farm for a key piece of the puzzle trade is something we need to be very cautious about.
Strongly agree with this. We have had 4 decent years of good drafting now. Add in Darcy Tucker from 2015 and you have a decent core of high quality young talent. The trade table is a bad distraction!! I know it’s early days yet and I desperately want it to work out, but if we had ignored Hogan and instead taken Ben King and Ian Hill in 2018, our list would be in serious shape right now.
We need another 1-2 years of hitting the draft hard. I’m sick of these “messiah” type trades that we have done for 25 years now and always seem to end badly.
pick at least 2 more elite talents at the draft this year with our first 2 picks and add western and Walker from the NGA.
we will reap the rewards for the next decade.
I’m happy with our recruiting and selections over the last 5 years. I back our recruiters to get it right at the draft again in 2020, despite the limited vision of this years prospects.
If a cheap moneyball trade like Aish becomes available - then yes of course, get him in for a third rounder or whatever. But those kind of trades are not always available.

We should note that in lieu of trading in a ruckman we could have Darcy +1 year development in 2021 for the low price of nothing
It depends if you think he can make as an AFL ruckman or not, and what other clubs would offer for him.

If Geelong offered pick 20 for him, I would think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back