List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

I am truly gobsmacked that Norf aren’t interested in Blakely. Most of their list are under 22, they’ve just sacked their coach, delisted 11 players, are trading Ben Brown and Higgins is off to Geelong.

Who is going to want to go there, unless they are being squeezed out of their current club? Plus, I think Blakely is seriously kidding himself if he wants to force his way back into the 22. The only way he doesn’t leave us is if no one wants him. What is going on at North?

Blakley isn’t anywhere near the level he was in 2017 (pre-injuries), but he turns 25 right at the start of next season, he’s big bodied and at the very least could provide some protection to the young guys coming through.

He adds nothing other than depth, they already have a half decent midfield IMO.

Cunnington
Anderson
Dumont
LDU
Simpkin
Polec

Scott looks like he could play midfield and I'm sure they have others. Blakely is depth at all 18 clubs, not many clubs willing to trade for a depth 25 year old mid with bad skills. I think most would simply prefer to draft.

I am truly gobsmacked that Norf aren’t interested in Blakely. Most of their list are under 22, they’ve just sacked their coach, delisted 11 players, are trading Ben Brown and Higgins is off to Geelong.

Who is going to want to go there, unless they are being squeezed out of their current club? Plus, I think Blakely is seriously kidding himself if he wants to force his way back into the 22. The only way he doesn’t leave us is if no one wants him. What is going on at North?

Blakley isn’t anywhere near the level he was in 2017 (pre-injuries), but he turns 25 right at the start of next season, he’s big bodied and at the very least could provide some protection to the young guys coming through.
Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU, Anderson would all be in front of him, questionable about Dumont and they really liked when McDonald rolled in there too, he’s not a walk up at north either

The average salary cap profile looks like this:
Average is $363,000

1.7 players paid $0 to $100,000 ----------- 4% (4% cumulative)
9.2 players paid $100,001 to $200,000 --- 24% (28% cumulative)
6.9 players paid $200,001 to $300,000 --- 18% (46% cumulative)
6.9 players paid $300,001 to $400,000 --- 18% (64% cumulative)
5.9 players paid $400,001 to $500,000 --- 15% (79% cumulative)
2.7 players paid $500,001 to $600,000 --- 7% (86% cumulative)
2.3 players paid $600,001 to $700,000 --- 6% (92% cumulative)
1.6 players paid $700,001 to $800,000 --- 4% (96% cumulative)
0.9 players paid $800,001 to $900,000 --- 2% (98% cumulative)
0.4 players paid $900,001 to $1,000,000 - 1% (99% cumulative)
0.22 players paid $1,000,001 to $1,100,000
0.16 players paid $1,100,001 to $1,200,000
0.11 players paid $1,200,000+

Having one player earning above a million a season (Nathan Fyfe) puts us at twice the league average.

But this should be helpful in taking punts on what players are on, although the league average is $363,000 the majority of players don't earn that with almost half of all players earning less than $300,000 a year.
Interesting post this. Hard to see how the eagles are able to have all those senior players listed when you look at this..

I’m sure if there is a club keen on Blakely the club will make the deal happen. Likely a late third/ early fourth. From all reports he and his manager went around to see if there was any interest and there wasn’t.

I don’t mind the fact that it is back on Blakely now. His career isn’t too far from being done. Whether he is at Freo or some other random club.

He needs to fight and scrap and work extra hard to get back to his 2017 form or otherwise reinvent himself. Come back from the break ripping fit and ready to challenge the top end in the time trial would be his first challenge. If he comes back to work like Matera did at the end of 2019 he’ll be halfway out the door and carrying bags/water bottles.

Longmuir no doubt has been honest with him and told him what is required and he is well down the pecking order with all these developing younger players.

He can turn it around and get back to that level and be a valuable contributor.

His first couple of games back he was ok Just looked a little off the pace. Slow decision-making and then hand balling to others under more pressure. It seemed a consistent issue across many clubs in 2020 with players trying to force their way back via crappy 12v12 scratch matches where the likes of Blakely were picking up disposals at will. What we saw in the second half of the season was a number of good players just not able to force their way into the team. Jordan Clark at Geelong fits this description.

I’m sure the club would prefer to have a younger player on first year salary and free up some salary cash but it looks increasingly likely that Hogan leaving will free up that cash (even though I don’t believe he will be a fire sell item).

Hackdorn doing his usually rambling this morning talking absolutely nonsense. Actually no way Eagles can have a better cap than we do

who would be on big Money for us apart from Fyfe Walters Lobb and Hogan?

also in regards to Mundy if we were to give him another year you’d think he’s be offered a minimal contract and he’d be willing to take a pay cut.
We offered a massive deal for Kelly last year and Hackdorn said it was more than the Eagles.

This year we have cap issues.

What a load of bs.

He adds nothing other than depth, they already have a half decent midfield IMO.

Cunnington
Anderson
Dumont
LDU
Simpkin
Polec

Scott looks like he could play midfield and I'm sure they have others. Blakely is depth at all 18 clubs, not many clubs willing to trade for a depth 25 year old mid with bad skills. I think most would simply prefer to draft.
Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU, Anderson would all be in front of him, questionable about Dumont and they really liked when McDonald rolled in there too, he’s not a walk up at north either
Fair call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bad deal.
Agree it’s a rubbish deal. But it’s unfortunately in the ballpark of what we will receive. Seems to me it’s 99% certain he will be traded now to someone. Oh well. I guess Jesse is keeping trade week interesting for us all!
Interest from a few clubs is our best chance of getting something reasonable for him

Agree it’s a rubbish deal. But it’s unfortunately in the ballpark of what we will receive. Seems to me it’s 99% certain he will be traded now to someone. Oh well. I guess Jesse is keeping trade week interesting for us all!
Interest from a few clubs is our best chance of getting something reasonable for him
Ive stated many times its better to keep Hogan.

If he stuffs up, he discipline him.

Second round picks, especially in this draft isn't worth much.

I would rather delist him than trade him cheapy.

I'd be surprised if we got that much tbh.

I'd be surprised if we got that much tbh.
I agree

A reasonable upgrade of of our current second pick and some later picks is what is reasonable from my perspective. The 28 to 19 is around the mark or something similar to what GWS could offer with Geelong’s pick 18 that they may get for Cameron. I’d then be pushing for some points thereafter in the third round.

If we can go to the draft with two first round picks (albeit the second a very late one) to ensure we have picks ahead of Walker and Western bids and then have a couple of later picks for points would be a reasonable outcome.

Also a pick like the Richmond 1st round and Geelong first round (on traded) won’t be impacted by what appears to be a number of end of first round compo picks.

We then go to draft with:
11-12, 18-21, and two to three picks between 45-60.

Western and Walker seem to rated around early to late second round.

As predicted, no one wants to trade futures

We could probably get McDonald if we really wanted to using our future first. Funny enough, our best chance is if Crows got pick 2 for Crouch. Reckon they’d jump at the chance to move a pick into next year

99% certain eh? In bookie parlance that means you're paying 100/1 Hogan is a Freo player in December. I'll put $50 on thanks.

We might be prepared to trade him for the equivalent value of a second rounder in points terms (1st round upgrade, player swap etc.)*
If we trade him for an actual second rounder I'll personally hunt Belly down.

*E.G. Hogan and our 2021 first for 3. That's the equivalent of pick 25 if we finish 9th next year.

As predicted, no one wants to trade futures

We could probably get McDonald if we really wanted to using our future first. Funny enough, our best chance is if Crows got pick 2 for Crouch. Reckon they’d jump at the chance to move a pick into next year
Everytime they show that Schultz goal from the Collingwood game I have to watch, one of my favourite plays of the year, how on earth did Crowden weigh that kick so perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back