2020 membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Read what I actually said, the AFL has given the option of suspending the AFL memberships, I never said refund I said suspend, there will be people who will not be able to put food on the table mate , and the club will still collect.
I think you've misunderstood my post, I didn't say anything about refunding or suspending.

Just that Benny sent an email and here's a bit of it relating to membership.

Read what I actually said, the AFL has given the option of suspending the AFL memberships, I never said refund I said suspend, there will be people who will not be able to put food on the table mate , and the club will still collect.
If you wish to not be a member of the RFC this year then that’s well and truly up to you, I’m sure you can call the club and inform them of your decision. Personally I will continue to support the club that has brought us so much joy over the last 3 seasons.

If you wish to not be a member of the RFC this year then that’s well and truly up to you, I’m sure you can call the club and inform them of your decision. Personally I will continue to support the club that has brought us so much joy over the last 3 seasons.
Where did I say I didn’t want to be a member, I made the statement about goodwill, and to give you the drum I personally pay for 3 , but there are people who have lost their jobs and it may be the difference between feeding their families and being a member. The AFL has given people the option

Have to if I went to keep up my consecutive years of membership and be in the draw for Premiership tickets if they ever come up agin...

Where did I say I didn’t want to be a member, I made the statement about goodwill, and to give you the drum I personally pay for 3 , but there are people who have lost their jobs and it may be the difference between feeding their families and being a member. The AFL has given people the option
The club membership dept is open , pretty sure If anyone made a call they’d suspend or cancel

The club membership dept is open , pretty sure If anyone made a call they’d suspend or cancel

my sister tried, they told her they were waiting for a directive from the AFL and were working on discounted Kayo memberships

my sister tried, they told her they were waiting for a directive from the AFL and were working on discounted Kayo memberships

lol....kayo membership. To watch what? LOL

I just cancelled mine since there are no live sports on. Not really interested in replays.

I sent an email to them a week ago. I can no longer afford over $100 per month for membership. I’m not interested in the refund of the $500 I’ve already paid. I have received ZERO response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sent an email to them a week ago. I can no longer afford over $100 per month for membership. I’m not interested in the refund of the $500 I’ve already paid. I have received ZERO response.
My point exactly

All I want is for them to pause the repayments. Frankly I would have expected an announcement along those lines to have already happened. But you know, the players need their 50%.
im working and I have no issue with continuing, but given they are not providing a product, then a suspension of payments is ”the right thing to do” people will be hurting and as you say it makes a mockery of the players wanting 50%, if I was unable to work I would be on 1100 a fortnight. Think about that players , there are people who have been stood down and are getting nothing, they have already received 5 months of their contracts

No one is asking for a refund

People are already (one million lost their gig over the last week)

The hold up is the poorer clubs have asked for all clubs to have a united approach on this. Their reasoning is while a RFC/WCE/HFC/Pies can take the hit, others cannot.

Look at the saints. Have a massive debt they need to service, no pokies revenue, whatever sponsorship revenue they can cling to, no corp sales, no merch sales, and they have lost the half mill they get for selling their game to port.

Take away their membership coin, they are beyond ****ed.

Smaller clubs are in favour of retaining this year's fees, but offering up alternate options (ie kayo) and discounts on 2021 memberships. They want all clubs on board, because if the hawks offer to refund everyone, they are ****ed if they don't match.

All clubs are on board with a unified approach, and it's just working through the deets.

Remember there are fixed costs to running a club, and the players have already been paid during the offseason. Add to that fixed costs for the Wantirna club and the gyms and our next gen academy set up

im working and I have no issue with continuing, but given they are not providing a product, then a suspension of payments is ”the right thing to do” people will be hurting and as you say it makes a mockery of the players wanting 50%, if I was unable to work I would be on 1100 a fortnight. Think about that players , there are people who have been stood down and are getting nothing, they have already received 5 months of their contracts
And what makes you think they won’t?
It’s been 1 week since the comp shut down and they have had a lot to work through.
Whats the relevance of them being paid 5 months of their contract?

Last edited:
People are already (one million lost their gig over the last week)

The hold up is the poorer clubs have asked for all clubs to have a united approach on this. Their reasoning is while a RFC/WCE/HFC/Pies can take the hit, others cannot.

Look at the saints. Have a massive debt they need to service, no pokies revenue, whatever sponsorship revenue they can cling to, no corp sales, no merch sales, and they have lost the half mill they get for selling their game to port.

Take away their membership coin, they are beyond f’ed.

Smaller clubs are in favour of retaining this year's fees, but offering up alternate options (ie kayo) and discounts on 2021 memberships. They want all clubs on board, because if the hawks offer to refund everyone, they are f’ed if they don't match.

All clubs are on board with a unified approach, and it's just working through the deets.

Remember there are fixed costs to running a club, and the players have already been paid during the offseason. Add to that fixed costs for the Wantirna club and the gyms and our next gen academy set up

Yep if people want a refund from any club then That club has to Refund especially if no footy played .

Yep if people want a refund from any club then That club has to Refund especially if no footy played .

They are trying to keep this to an on request arrangement.

If all memberships were refunded, several clubs will be rooted to the point of insolvency

They are trying to keep this to an on request arrangement.

If all memberships were refunded, several clubs will be rooted to the point of insolvency

I agree with what your saying , I was just making a point that if there’s no footy played Etc clubs have to refund membership monies if requested by the member .

I agree with what your saying , I was just making a point that if there’s no footy played Etc clubs have to refund membership monies if requested by the member .

I think that may be a fine print issue. remember most GA memberships dont guarantee access to a game, just the "opportunity" to get access to a game

everyone agrees though something needs to be done, its just making it manageable so it doesnt nuke norf, the dees, or the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back