Position 2020 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Im done

SP Perma Captain Hurn cos every team I make has old golden thighs in it.
Telly just to piss of Geelong fans
Schofield because he deserves to be in someones team after his game in the GF
Hutchings gets a gig because Sidebum is his bitch
Hore, Bonner and Huge Dixon
Check out that Ruck division SavDog23 :rainbow::moustache:

Rest is pretty self explanatory

View attachment 828454

I'm worried about Daniher's fitness. Otherwise looks good.

No love for serong he’s built for SuperCoach
giphy.gif

I've been to most Carlton training this pre season and the Collingwood game. Hard to see any rookies playing early in the season at the moment.

Pittonet would be a good POD if Kruezer misses for any reason
TDK is chance to play with McKay still getting over groin issues
Philp is probably the best chance to debut early. Looks comfortable. Can find it
Cottrell looks good at HB but can't see where he fits in yet
Honey has been impressive but second half of year for him
I can't see Stocker playing early at this stage

I've been to most Carlton training this pre season and the Collingwood game. Hard to see any rookies playing early in the season at the moment.

Philp is probably the best chance to debut early. Looks comfortable. Can find it
Williamson (Rookie priced)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm spending big on the rookies this year. Ash, Rowell, Stephens, Serong all currently in my side. Cash generation is going to be king this season. I'd rather cheap out a bit on a premium or two in the starting squad but have a squad full of rookies playing and earning cash, then start with some slightly stronger premiums but being stuck with a bench half full of DNP's by Round 5.

I've got Rowell, Stephens, Serong and Pickett M5-8 atm.
Looks good.
Stephens a bit iffy based on the practice match v gws. Warner was probably our most lively of the draftees. Kid is keen as buggery and strong for his size...may get a gig first 5 rnds rather than start though. One to watch though.
Wasnt high intensity at all and Stephens still got knocked around a bit.
I'll discount it and hope he's picked for this Sat's proper praccy game against GWS. Neither team picked yet.
I want to see Green at some point. Piggy2.

I'm spending big on the rookies this year. Ash, Rowell, Stephens, Serong all currently in my side. Cash generation is going to be king this season. I'd rather cheap out a bit on a premium or two in the starting squad but have a squad full of rookies playing and earning cash, then start with some slightly stronger premiums but being stuck with a bench half full of DNP's by Round 5.
SC101 - NekMinit 38 rookies named round 1

But I agree. Gotta spread the love this year.

From our mob Matthew Ling (1st rndr) is finally fit and MIGHT get a gig this weekend. Plenty will be watching if he does. Slick winger type with good boot who has been damn unlucky with fitness first 2 seasons. If he has a good series he's a chance for Rnd 1, perhaps even ahead of Stephens who may be made to play a few NEAFL's first. Juicier option than Gould in def. Likely better scoring. Gould's potential scoring is a lottery though, potentially v.good pts per touch. Biggest kid i;ve seen for awhile. McGovern type size/weight. He's nowhere near a cert to start Rnd 1 either...so putting him at D6ish already is just kidding yourself.

From our mob Matthew Ling (1st rndr) is finally fit and MIGHT get a gig this weekend. Plenty will be watching if he does. Slick winger type with good boot who has been damn unlucky with fitness first 2 seasons. If he has a good series he's a chance for Rnd 1, perhaps even ahead of Stephens who may be made to play a few NEAFL's first. Juicier option than Gould in def. Likely better scoring. Gould's potential scoring is a lottery though, potentially v.good pts per touch. Biggest kid i;ve seen for awhile. McGovern type size/weight. He's nowhere near a cert to start Rnd 1 either...so putting him at D6ish already is just kidding yourself.
Late last year I wouldve told you Gould was the most likely rookie to play round 1.
Kid is a beast and has shown he can play amongst men. I expected there's room for him in Sydneys best 22.

Williamson - rookie priced

Late last year I wouldve told you Gould was the most likely rookie to play round 1.
Kid is a beast and has shown he can play amongst men. I expected there's room for him in Sydneys best 22.
He probably still is other than Rowell.
No idea how he slipped to 20+, but we'll take it.
Fans seem to almost EXPECT him to be starting Rnd 1 and certainly want it to happen....and yes, def is proably the easiest to beak into on our list. So looks good for Rnd 1. Another reason is we're hoping for another KPD to finally free up Rampe, who has been brilliant covering guys he shouldnt be standing. We all know Gould can play against big bodies already, but he'll still need to have a good pre season series. Just so much competition from 18-21yo's right now that they may also have only short term job security. Rooks getting 3-4 games each is the stuff of nightmares for us, so i'm hoping a cpl of certainties kill it in the preseason games. Gould is on my def bench. We also had a cpl guys Fox and Oriordan that started playing damn well and can be picked down back in Rnd 1.
If Gould does little over these preseaon games dump him fast coz Horse never gifts games, no matter how likely they look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back