Position 2020 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the players < 200k who played R1

1590733145239.png

Presuming the bench is still 4 players some thoughts. Would appreciate other views...

Sturt: JS is rock solid but looks 50/50 for round 2 due to minor injury. Must have if he plays R2 or as soon as he's back in.
Pickett: Everyone's got him
McInerney: JS pretty good. Must have.
Taylor: JS a bit better than average. Came good late in game first round after a terrible start so will probably be a shaky proposition if he has one ordinary game.
Georgiadis: JS 50/50 for R2 with Port getting players back. I'd be wary about getting him in if you don't have him. Like Taylor he's probably game by game proposition if he plays R2.
Brown: Will likely lose his spot to Treloar (R3 maybe) unless someone else goes down. Could get 1 price rise out of him. Assume everyone has him and probably a hold even if dropped. Likely to get plenty of games.
Brander: JS reasonable but with a lack of rookies in defence and DPP no one is trading unless to avoid a donut.
Pickett (Melb): JS good but scoring will probably be average. Hold if you have him and hope he tons up at some point. Wouldn't bring him in if you don't have him.
Davis: JS looks ok. Similar outlook to Pickett only not quite as good.
BZT: JS shaky as anything. Needs a miracle to play R2 with players returning. Dump.
Robertson: JS average if he plays ok. Didn't score well in R1 but probably worth picking up before his price rises given midfield rookies are so scarce. Still another who would be one bad game away from being dropped though.
Frampton: Who? Seems to have some JS but also not much money making potential. Plenty of better picks in the forwards.
Gardner: JS average to shaky. Pickett and Davis better in that price range.
Buderick: JS very poor. Suns have too many coming back. Probably a hold though since he's cheap, has DPP and will probably get more games for a side that will not sniff finals this year.
King: Nothing changed from R1, JS excellent, scoring potential poor. Hold if you have him unless you need to make space for Sturt.
Green: JS shaky. Ward will be eyeing his spot. Probably not worth holding if he loses his spot given his price and poor first round.
Bedford: JS shaky although not sure who comes in for him. Bennell maybe? Don't touch him and probably ditch him if he's dropped.
Murphy: JS shaky - also not sure who comes in for him though. Only useful for DPP shuffle.
Cavarra: JS very poor. Classic upgrade from him to Sturt. Hold only in the unlikely event he plays and Sturt and Georgiadis don't since he could fluke a few goals. Else trade.
Starcevich: JS ok even if he didn't do much in R1. Who replaces him? He's a cheapish defender anyway hence worth holding even if dropped unless you are facing a donut.
Guthrie: Does anyone own him? If they do surely he has to go.
McAsey: JS very shaky. Doedee will come in for him. Must trade out.

View attachment 883428

Presuming the bench is still 4 players some thoughts. Would appreciate other views...

Sturt: JS is rock solid but looks 50/50 for round 2 due to minor injury. Must have if he plays R2 or as soon as he's back in.
Taylor: JS a bit better than average. Came good late in game first round after a terrible start so will probably be a shaky proposition if he has one ordinary game.
Georgiadis: JS 50/50 for R2 with Port getting players back. I'd be wary about getting him in if you don't have him. Like Taylor he's probably game by game proposition if he plays R2.
Brown: Will likely lose his spot to Treloar (R3 maybe) unless someone else goes down. Could get 1 price rise out of him. Assume everyone has him and probably a hold even if dropped. Likely to get plenty of games.
Brander: JS reasonable but with a lack of rookies in defence and DPP no one is trading unless to avoid a donut.
Pickett (Melb): JS good but scoring will probably be average. Hold if you have him and hope he tons up at some point. Wouldn't bring him in if you don't have him.
BZT: JS shaky as anything. Needs a miracle to play R2 with players returning. Dump.
Robertson: JS average if he plays ok. Didn't score well in R1 but probably worth picking up before his price rises given midfield rookies are so scarce. Still another who would be one bad game away from being dropped though.
Frampton: Who? Seems to have some JS but also not much money making potential. Plenty of better picks in the forwards.
Buderick: JS very poor. Suns have too many coming back. Probably a hold though since he's cheap, has DPP and will probably get more games for a side that will not sniff finals this year.
King: Nothing changed from R1, JS excellent, scoring potential poor. Hold if you have him unless you need to make space for Sturt.
Green: JS shaky. Ward will be eyeing his spot. Probably not worth holding if he loses his spot given his price and poor first round.
Bedford: JS shaky although not sure who comes in for him. Bennell maybe? Don't touch him and probably ditch him if he's dropped.
Murphy: JS shaky - also not sure who comes in for him though. Only useful for DPP shuffle.
Cavarra: JS very poor. Classic upgrade from him to Sturt. Hold only in the unlikely event he plays and Sturt and Georgiadis don't since he could fluke a few goals. Else trade.
Starcevich: JS ok even if he didn't do much in R1. Who replaces him? He's a cheapish defender anyway hence worth holding even if dropped unless you are facing a donut.

Great summary.

Who are the rookies who might come in R2?

Freo will have Young fit. S.Hill now apparently fit but will take balls to take before lasting a game. Serong on the cusp as well. Any could play R2.

GC maybe Rankine? Flanders probably still not quite there.

Hibberd for ESS?
McHenry for ADEL?
Cockatoo for GEE?
Gould for SYD?

I don't really like picking them before playing the game even if named but there's so many R1 rookies who will be dumped now we've had a 2 month injury recovery layoff that we might have to pick one of the new rooks. I'll probably have to trade at least one of BZT/Green/Budarick to one.

Great summary.

Who are the rookies who might come in R2?

Freo will have Young fit. S.Hill now apparently fit but will take balls to take before lasting a game. Serong on the cusp as well. Any could play R2.

GC maybe Rankine? Flanders probably still not quite there.

Hibberd for ESS?
McHenry for ADEL?
Cockatoo for GEE?
Gould for SYD?

I don't really like picking them before playing the game even if named but there's so many R1 rookies who will be dumped now we've had a 2 month injury recovery layoff that we might have to pick one of the new rooks. I'll probably have to trade at least one of BZT/Green/Budarick to one.

I'd say Rankine is the best of that lot.

I won't trade Hill in until 5 minutes before the bounce in his second game of the season.

Not sure about Cocky. I assume he's still in recovery. If he plays, ditto as with Hill trade him on the bubble - he's a walking time bomb.

Gould, Young, McHenry all looking unlikely for mine.

One thing to consider. We'll only have 2 trades in R3 and could have Doedee, Hill, Rankine even Bennell and others on the bubble (and Sturt returning if he misses R2), so I think I'll be snapping up Rankine if he gets named. Probably also Hibberd would be an auto in for me in R2 if he plays (probably unlikely he's picked though).

View attachment 883428

How long did this take you? Love it mate, good job.

How long did this take you? Love it mate, good job.

Ta. Didn't take that long tbh. I'd been doing a bit of research on my trades that day and had checked out a few resources around the web and thought it would be worth putting the summary together while everything was fresh in my mind.

I watched most of the games in R1 so I was able to recall a bit about how most of the players went. Not surprisingly the correlation between SC score and actual performance was pretty strong which helped, even though some players benefitted (or got penalised) by outrageous scaling.

So take my ratings with a very big pinch of salt. Taylor (for example) really was doing nothing until he got a bit of the ball at a critical time later in the game when he went into midfield a bit more. He could just as easily stink it up like Cavarra in R2 and disappear in R3.

Making 5 trades, planning to trade in two rookies, Georgiades is a lock (Rankine in the next week or two if fit) the other rookie will be a Mid or Def, T. Brown is the likely Mid and I will switch Starcevich to Def, If I trade a Def in would have to be a rookie around 160,000 mark, very slim pickings.

That plan would go up in smoke if Zerk-Thatcher and Starcevich get dropped, Brander would be my sixth Def with no bench cover

Last edited:
Making 5 trades, planning to trade in two rookies, Georgiades is a lock (Rankine in the next week or two if fit) the other rookie will be a Mid or Def, T. Brown is the likely Mid and I will switch Starcevich to Def, If I trade a Def in would have to be a rookie around 160,000 mark, very slim pickings.

That plan would go up in smoke if Zerk-Thatcher and Starcevich get dropped, Brander would be my sixth Def with no bench cover
Sounds like a plan, but it will be interesting to see which rookies are named/not named for Round 2. Hopefully we get a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could always sideways BZT > SHill (if named)

Are we thinking Shill is likely to be in the frame? Last time I checked Freo's injury list he was TBA. Yet folks seem to be factoring him in. Where else are people getting info on him?

How long can a groin injury last? It's been over 3 months since he did the injury and plenty of time away from heavy training for his niggles to heal.

How long can a groin injury last? It's been over 3 months since he did the injury and plenty of time away from heavy training for his niggles to heal.

Fair call. You aren't a Collingwood supporter. We know that soft tissue injuries can be LTIs or even career enders lol. Bucks had a hammy for the last two years of his career. Reid is pretty much just a walking soft tissue injury. Treloar is going the way of Reid. Here's hoping SHill hits the park coz he sure would be handy

Flaaaaaaaaanders.....

Flaaaaaaaaaaaaanders....

Homer Heckles Ned In The Simpsons GIF by Christmasgifs | Gfycat

Quote of the Day | Dead Homer Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back