Preview 2020 Semi Final vs St Kilda Friday 7.50pm, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't see Balta going in the ruck.
This will sound silly but we are more likely to see Martin in more centre bounce ruck contests than Balta.

We had the opportunity to test Balta last week in the ruck, but he stayed down back.

Ill honestly be shocked to see Balta anywhere near the ruck apart from maybe down back, but even then, Broad may still do it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Last week we had no one to cover for Balta if he went on ball. This week Broad can cover.

Would free up a heap in salary cap space. Rance off the books as well.
This is not a Grigg situation having to retire injured. DA coming back from knee surgery has had 2 identical games. He is 29. Contracted, and plays KPD well. Dave don't look like he's on deaths door. What am I missing?
Balta has had a phenomenal year & the club is probably going to play him ruck from now on. He is 100 kegs & can run. Not ideal but I'm stoked Chol is OUT & Broad is IN.

Poor Balta, hes gonna end up like Blicavs, defence or ruck??

It's only one game, maximum of three. I doubt three games is going to permanently stuff with his development, especially since we aren't (presumably) asking him to be first ruck. He'll just take any centre bounces while Nank is on the bench resting. Boundary throwins can be shared between Lynch and Astbury, or one of the smalls.

For me, this was the only card we could play. Well there was Chol, but that was like holding a 2 and a 7 and trying to get a straight.

Are people forgetting that Marshall is their only ruck and he won’t be doing it 100% of game time. Which leaves King or Membrey/Marshto ruck. So wouldn’t be surprised if it was Balta to ruck if King does and Broad if Membrey/Marsh did.
It’ll be Marsh or Battle but Marshall can handle 90% of the ruck

Are we seriously speculating that Jack will retire because his head hasn't been in it during a pandemic season, away from his family, and that the captain will retire because he's moving house?

Yikes.

Jack's cousin played an extra three years and Cotch surely hands the captaincy over before retirement. I could be wrong but you guys are clutching at straws here.
Thank goodness some common sense. None of our greats last games are going to be on Metricon, AO or the Gabba. A proper fairwell on the G when the times right.
Btw best team put on the park all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If in fact, Balta is going to play 2nd ruck, he will relish the opportunity, Ths is a final and no doubt he will do what the coach wants. Can you imagine the coach coming up to you and saying we need you and believe in you to assist Nank in the ruck, surely you would take up the challenge to help your team to hopefully win the game. The goalposts have changed with Soldo out, chol has played 2nd ruck last two games in limited time but failed nonetheless.
So the MC has gone to plan B. Had Chol shined he would still be in.
Yeah Balta's reluctance to move around positions was when he way trying to cement his spot in the team. Now he is confirmed best 22 I'm sure he will be willing to give ruck chop out. He is a dynamic competitor, getting him around the ball every now and then could be good for us.

Agrre. Astbury back (ade and bris) has arguably made us worse
Bought 4 back on the eve or into finals , Houli, Astbury , Sheds and Prestia who all sucked last week . Sheds first game back is the only game any have delivered anywhere near where the need to and potential above those they replaced where performing at . Coupled with George and Pickett having only one to two good games for the year , Markov , Ross and Aarts are extremely unlucky . The club has picked on rep over form at the start of season in the past which has ended badly . The ability to regain tempo far less that of a final at any level is difficult , I hope I am wrong , but I wouldn’t be surprised if history shows that bringing all 4 back to be an error .

Very happy with the team we have named. Unfortunately it's Aarts that had to walk the plank, but it's a team game and he was the other most obvious out.

There's going to be some stiff players if we go all the way.

Bought 4 back on the eve on into finals , Hoult, Astbury , sheds and Prestia who all sucked last week . Sheds first game back is the only game any have delivered anywhere near where the need to and potential above those they replaced where performing at . Coupled with George and Pickett having only one to two good games for year , markov , Ross and Aarts are extremely unlucky . The club has picked on rep over form at the start of season in the past which has ended badly . The ability to regain tempo far less that of a final at any level is difficult , I hope I am wrong , but I wouldn’t be surprised if history shows that bringing all 4 back to be an error .

Aarts has been fairly quiet recently outside of being consistently done HTBall

Bought 4 back on the eve or into finals , Houli, Astbury , Sheds and Prestia who all sucked last week . Sheds first game back is the only game any have delivered anywhere near where the need to and potential above those they replaced where performing at . Coupled with George and Pickett having only one to two good games for the year , Markov , Ross and Aarts are extremely unlucky . The club has picked on rep over form at the start of season in the past which has ended badly . The ability to regain tempo far less that of a final at any level is difficult , I hope I am wrong , but I wouldn’t be surprised if history shows that bringing all 4 back to be an error .
Having underdone players in finals has been my biggest worry, and it was definitely a factor in our loss last week. We can only hope the extra game this week under the belts of Sheds, Prestia, Astbury will help if we can progress to the GF.

Caddy would be disappointed
Been unlucky with injury this year, but to be honest, his form has been down and probably doesn’t deserve to line up. Doesn’t have a good fit for his skill set in the team right now. I hope we don’t trade him because we’ll get cents on the dollar for someone who on his day brings a lot to the side (strength, toughness, goal kicking, footy smarts)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back