Game Day Round 3 vs Collingwood, MCG, Friday March 31, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nank was feeding the Pie mids. His tap work was awful against the part timers
We could not shark a ball tonight and were slaughtered around the ball. Ruckwork had not much to do with it. They were so clean around the ball and we were slow and sloppy, not Nanks fault. Their ruckman went off at 3/4 time and Nank had no relief and rucked the entire last half. Prestia is out fo form for the first time since he came to the club.

need more Bakers
Baker was a shining light tonight. However we need more players who don't fumble or keep slipping over, do we spray Canola oil on our hands before games. Pies in the first half were just so clean with the ball, what do we actually do at training because it's definitely not skill work.

Hardwick clearly out coached in his 300th. Some strange selections and odd set ups at centre bounces, just don't think we are good enough to be playing Russian roulette, Bolton a prime example, leaving his direct opponents free and we got burned every time even with Nank dominating the ruck contest.

We really need to go back to the drawing board for our set ups for all contest work both on the ground and in the air because we were everywhere the ball wasnt tonight. Hardly had a clean clearance from a contest all night.

Was Jack Graham wearing concrete boots tonight?

Don't criticize him or the fanboys will put up a snapshot of how lightning fast he apparently is. Yet anyone with eyes can see he's painfully slow. I wonder who'd win in a race between him and that obese AFLW recruit/ cult figure Sheahan just poached?

Out Young Hugo Graham Ryan
In Hopper Dusty Tarrant Sonsie

Grimes Balta Baker
Vlas, Tarrant, Rioli
Pickett Cotch Kmac
Bolton Lynch Dusty
Rioli Jack R Cumberland
Nank Hopper Tarranto
Sonsie Mansell Clarke Prestia
Graham or Dow sub
MRJ and Bolton need to spend some time in the magoos,it will do them the world of good,character building,Cummo nad Clarke had to suck it up,now its theyre turn

Ok - time to take a breath

Was worried about a slaughter with their peak early season form - a 14 point loss in a fairly intense slog feat with 4 key changes from last week is pretty fair IMO

Will enjoy watching the Pie bubble burst in a few weeks - that form can not be sustained

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could not shark a ball tonight and were slaughtered around the ball. Ruckwork had not much to do with it. They were so clean around the ball and we were slow and sloppy, not Nanks fault. There ruckman went off at 3.4 time and Nank had no relief and rucked the entire last half. Prestia is out fo form for the first time since he came to the club.

Disagree. If you don't think Nank's ruckwork is an issue, you aren't watching. There is no doubt in my mind that a genuine quality tap ruckman would have helped us tonight, ESPECIALLY once Cameron went off. Rowan Marshall, Oscar McInerney, Max Gawn, Nic Nat, Jarrod Witts, Brodie Grundy, Rielly O'Brien etc would be dominant in the ruck contests for their side if they came up against what we came up against tonight and would have given their midfielders first service.

ok could've been alot worse in the first half, then second half we were in the game and should've done better. How we always let them spread corridor side and get the ball out to a second contest was disappointing

Man what is going on with Valstuin and Grimes?

Broad, Baker and Balta holding up that defensive system. The other two look cooked.
Grimes looks like his has had his legs replaced with jelly sticks. His kicking is nothing short of abysmal and struggles to kick over 30 metres.

Vlastuin to me looks continually punch drunk, it's like he has never recovered from the Danger hit. Just does some very dumb things which is unlike him, you used to have confidence when he had ball in hand. To be honest I can't look these days if either of these guys have ball in hand as I just expect a clanger sooner than later.

Disagree. If you don't think Nank's ruckwork is an issue, you aren't watching. There is no doubt in my mind that a genuine quality tap ruckman would have helped us tonight, ESPECIALLY once Cameron went off. Rowan Marshall, Oscar McInerney, Max Gawn, Nic Nat, Jarrod Witts, Brodie Grundy, Rielly O'Brien etc would be dominant in the ruck contests for their side if they came up against what we came up against tonight and would have given their midfielders first service.
Nank is a massive problem to our setup. Ryan was legitimately rucking 1000% better than Nank. Nank is good on the ground that's it! but he also gets in the way of the mids. When Soldo was flying we looked far more damaging than when Nank rucks.

Doesn't matter who is rucking if you are outnumbered around the ball all game. DeGoey killed us, same with Daicos. Quick and fast and they mopped up everything. We were plodding around the ball in comparison. Yes Nank had an average game, but it wouldn't have mattered because were were fumbling and under pressure around the ball all game.

Grimes looks like his has had his legs replaced with jelly sticks. His kicking is nothing short of abysmal and struggles to kick over 30 metres.

Vlastuin to me looks continually punch drunk, it's like he has never recovered from the Danger hit. Just does some very dumb things which is unlike him, you used to have confidence when he had ball in hand. To be honest I can't look these days if either of these guys have ball in hand as I just expect a clanger sooner than later.

You nailed it. These two were solid as a rock. Wouldn't break a line offensively, but rarely lost a contest or turned it over. Now they are just battling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back