List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Ballard would be a great mobile target for Port but he's contracted.

Zerk-Thatcher looks really promising. If Port was trading with Essendon I would be more keen on Zerk-Thatcher than Fantasia for our list.

I wonder what happens to developing talls and rucks if/when list sizes are reduced?

Ballard would be a great mobile target for Port but he's contracted.

Zerk-Thatcher looks really promising. If Port was trading with Essendon I would be more keen on Zerk-Thatcher than Fantasia for our list.

I wonder what happens to developing talls and rucks if/when list sizes are reduced?

Two first rounders for BZT or could we talk Essendon down to a first and second? ;)

most if not all of that nucleus that is 30+ is going around next year (boak grey westhoff ebert? Rockliff) the guys just under 30 (watts, Dixon , Jonas , Hartlett) likely have 2 more years so that’s 2022.

by then we have a senior core of Dbj, burton Marshall spp clurey lycett Amon bonner Houston ladhams mayes Lienert and McKenzie would all be between 25-30. (I believe DBJ has future port captain written all over him if he’s vocal enough off the field he’s definitely leadership material on it)

and we would have guys like butters rozee duursma Etc in the 20-24 range.
I’m happy with the age profile.
We all know Rocky wears concrete boots, but Gray also appears to be slowing down. Could we realistically make a play for Darcy Moore?

I'd also be looking at players like Jordan Ridley, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Charlie Ballard, Bailey Williams (WB), Jarrod Brander, Callum Coleman-Jones, Nick Coffield, Noah Balta, Jack Graham, Tom Sparrow, Alex Neal-Bullen
Coleman-Jones goes ok at Vfl level, and was a keen Port supporter as a teenager.
If he is relatively injury free then make a play, as the Tiggers have plenty of talls - and a game plan based on smalls.

Don't see how Coleman-Jones would be a need whatsoever when we're already trying to figure out how we're going to get enough gametime into Ladhams and Hayes.

It’s incredibly hard to see ladhams getting a single game this year. His contract comes up in 2021. Unless next season we cast westhoff aside and are willing to play ladhams second ruck, which I see as extremely unlikely I think ladhams walks at end of 2021. We will still have lycett and hayes at that stage. CCJ hasn’t really grabbed my attention enough to care about him.

I would just be looking at strong key forward 2nd rucks at bargain spots in the draft to develop behind hayes rather than send signals to hayes he’s further down the order and lose him too. My greatest fear is ladhams and hayes both walk out and we’re left with an ancient lycett. But my solution wouldn’t be to hasten that with the arrival of another ruck but to prioritise our internal replacements development.

It was widely reported at the time that Port were more than annoyed Fantasia made the announcement he was staying at Essendon.

I know that was reported in the media Ford, but how true was it? Two things that stood out for me:
1] Port had never personally met with & talked with Orazio, there had only been discussions with his manager, and
2] Port had firmly told Essendon that our #1 pick was off the table, as was any suggestion of involving Ollie Wines

IE, we were not as hot on Orazio as the media circus at the time was making out! Could be wrong, but that was my take.

Could we use a throwaway pick and Take Talia off the crows hands? Fills a big need for us and is one of the best KPD in the league. Is also only 29 so should have at least 2-3 years of good footy after this year.

I know he doesn’t fit our age demographic but if we go the draft route and draft a good young defender, Talia can hold his place in the side while we develop the kid.

It’s incredibly hard to see ladhams getting a single game this year. His contract comes up in 2021. Unless next season we cast westhoff aside and are willing to play ladhams second ruck, which I see as extremely unlikely I think ladhams walks at end of 2021. We will still have lycett and hayes at that stage. CCJ hasn’t really grabbed my attention enough to care about him.

I would just be looking at strong key forward 2nd rucks at bargain spots in the draft to develop behind hayes rather than send signals to hayes he’s further down the order and lose him too. My greatest fear is ladhams and hayes both walk out and we’re left with an ancient lycett. But my solution wouldn’t be to hasten that with the arrival of another ruck but to prioritise our internal replacements development.

Westhoff will be gone by the end of 2021 defs.

I know that was reported in the media Ford, but how true was it? Two things that stood out for me:
1] Port had never personally met with & talked with Orazio, there had only been discussions with his manager, and
2] Port had firmly told Essendon that our #1 pick was off the table, as was any suggestion of involving Ollie Wines

IE, we were not as hot on Orazio as the media circus at the time was making out! Could be wrong, but that was my take.

Our Carlton friend with the goss said that the rumour of Orazio wanting to be traded was legit.

I guess that the leaking forced him to publicly backtrack, which then shut the thing down. The sacking of his manager came after that from memory so my guess is that is tied in. I never asked whether the trade request only went as far as him wanting to come back or involved actual interest on the other end and whether that was port , crows or both.
We possibly owe the leaker of that trade a lobster dinner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our Carlton friend with the goss said that the rumour of Orazio wanting to be traded was legit.

I guess that the leaking forced him to publicly backtrack, which then shut the thing down. The sacking of his manager came after that from memory so my guess is that is tied in. I never asked whether the trade request only went as far as him wanting to come back or involved actual interest on the other end and whether that was port , crows or both.
We possibly owe the leaker of that trade a lobster dinner.
Absolutely!

Dodged the proverbial.

Didn't lahdams sign a 3yr contract last yr?

Yeah Ladhams is an interesting proposition. An amazing prospect but we really are blessed with an abundance of quality rucks right now.. it can never hurt to have depth as it invariably gets used, how long he is content to remain depth remains to be seen.

I’ve gone ice cold on cox. Port likes super mobile key defenders. Cox looks like a backup depth player

I like Hayward, in particular I’m fond of playing natural forwards in forward positions but we’ve added a few forwards in the last couple of years so I don’t see him as worth the price. He’s contracted to 2024 which is a very long contract and is a rfa at that time.

I haven’t paid attention to Zerk-Thatcher but a 21yr 195cm key defender from Sa is worth keeping an eye on. Contracted to 2021, dons would be keen to keep him.

I forgot about Ballard. Ooc in 2021. Gold Coast would be desperate to keep him. He would be the type port would be very keen on in defense and the type we could develoo

Sparrow is currently ooc. I saw bits that I liked before he was drafted but I don’t know if he’s an afl footballer yet. Would only be keen if he was cheap. We probably don’t have a list spot for him unless we cut deep or a few retire. perfect target for the crows tbh they can give him games in the midfield melb can’t.

no interest in Neal-Bullen really. maybe if you’re really cutting deep and he’s replacing some around the bottom his speed would be handy.
What about Jack Graham? :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back