List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

With Brisbane adding daniher and the Cameron the Geelong rumours not going away, even if it holds up this year there is merit on a short term basis. Would probably take a 3 year deal to get him interstate but I could see him playing a Brian lake like role very well
If it's success he's after, I think we can get him with a 2 year deal. Maybe a trigger for year 3 if needed. At 32 in April next year, don't think we'd give him the until end of 2023 deal that he seems to be wanting from North. Still, being contracted until 34 moving to a new club who just finished top would be a good result for him.

If Cameron is really interested in going to Geelong and that team of geriatrics get on the phone to him and tell him to come join Dixon and Marshall in Port’s forward line.

Add Cameron and Crouch along with Jones and Schofield this year, even if it means going 105% of salary cap for three years. Then as Gray, Ebert, Rockliff, Boak and Hartlett retire, cap space opens up to retain players...and by the time Cameron retires, Lukosius, Ben King and Max King become FA and we can pair one or two of them with Marshall.

We have the opportunity to set this club up on field and off field for the future this year if we are prepared to go HAM.

Our time is ******* NOW.

As for a key defender, we were the best defence in the league and that included blow outs to Geelong and Brisbane. Our defence is fine.

Assuming we do look at a Tarrant, what are your thoughts on Clurey as a roving mid/HFF? He's a strong mark and one of the fittest at the club. If we are all about Marshall's workrate and luring players away from Dixon, Clurey could offer something similar.

Assuming we do look at a Tarrant, what are your thoughts on Clurey as a roving mid/HFF? He's a strong mark and one of the fittest at the club. If we are all about Marshall's workrate and luring players away from Dixon, Clurey could offer something similar.

Yeah why not we have a good record converting key position types to the other end of the ground. Worked for Salter and Trengove.

As for a key defender, we were the best defence in the league and that included blow outs to Geelong and Brisbane. Our defence is fine.

When we win the midfield, which admittedly we have done pretty often. There's no plan B when we don't though and we get exposed. Ben brown kicking 10 on us in a game we needed to win because north got on top in the middle early took the game away from us. Hawkins did it earlier this year too and could have done it again last week had he kicked straight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Abso-*ing-lutely. Why everyone is so intent on getting some 30 year old lump who’s best is well behind them is completely beyond me. We’ve conceded less points than anyone, and have a ready made defender coming in the draft. Our defence is fine. We’re not getting Tarrant, or Hurley, or anyone. We should look at drafting a project KPD and that’s about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abso-f*n-lutely. Why everyone is so intent on getting some 30 year old lump who’s best is well behind them is completely beyond me. We’ve conceded less points than anyone, and have a ready made defender coming in the draft. Our defence is fine. We’re not getting Tarrant, or Hurley, or anyone. We should look at drafting a project KPD and that’s about it.

Because we're in the premiership window with plenty of key players 30 or older, those guys don't have a few years to let a young guy develop and if you don't think a big kpd is a glaring need then you're a classic case of letting a win cover up the cracks. Ask the Hawks if recruiting Brian lake was a waste of time to stand the big gorillas...

Also not sure if you watched tarrant play but his best certainly isn't lost in the the rearview mirror.

When we win the midfield, which admittedly we have done pretty often. There's no plan B when we don't though and we get exposed. Ben brown kicking 10 on us in a game we needed to win because north got on top in the middle early took the game away from us. Hawkins did it earlier this year too and could have done it again last week had he kicked straight.

The King brothers, possibly as soon as next week, are literally looming large.

Because we're in the premiership window with plenty of key players 30 or older, those guys don't have a few years to let a young guy develop and if you don't think a big kpd is a glaring need then you're a classic case of letting a win cover up the cracks. Ask the Hawks if recruiting Brian lake was a waste of time to stand the big gorillas...

Also not sure if you watched tarrant play but his best certainly isn't lost in the the rearview mirror.

A win? We’ve been winning all year. We’ve been top literally the entire season and we have statistically conceded less points than literally everyone else. Our defence is absolutely fine, and I don’t think a Hurley or Tarrant type is the best use for the very small amount of trade capital we have. If they were free agents, different story.

Standing still is going backwards, especially given teams will spend all offseason dissecting what we do, just as they did prior to 2015.

Robbie Tarrant is a gun and would fit into our system. He's better than Clurey or McKenzie.

The King brothers, possibly as soon as next week, are literally looming large.

Given that one is at St Kilda (contract end?) and the other at Gold Coast until 2022 (I think), they aren't quite the competitive threats that say a decently fit Daniher at Brisbane might be. Hawkins, Kennedy, Cameron, Riewoldt... probably the most obvious. I guess the goal is to win *matches*, not just matchups. For all my initial "err, wait" on this Tarrant trade idea there's a serious case to be made for it.

This is the elite level. There's no such thing as 'good enough'. You can always get better. And Tarrant is miles better than Clurey or McKenzie.
Standing still is going backwards, especially given teams will spend all offseason dissecting what we do, just as they did prior to 2015.

Robbie Tarrant is a gun and would fit into our system. He's better than Clurey or McKenzie.
What would you like to give up for Tarrant?

A win? We’ve been winning all year. We’ve been top literally the entire season and we have statistically conceded less points than literally everyone else. Our defence is absolutely fine, and I don’t think a Hurley or Tarrant type is the best use for the very small amount of trade capital we have. If they were free agents, different story.

Yes a win because if Hawkins kicks 5.1 instead of 0.5 from his 6 set shots and we get blown out because we're 5 goals down at half time I wonder if you have the same opinion.

Yeah the system is very good but there are holes and if we can get a tarrant for a second rounder... Considering were just bringing taj and Jones on with the other picks anyway, I'm there.

I'd love Tarrant if we could get a good deal for him, he'd be a best-22 quality addition to our defensive unit, but given he's 31 I'd be cautious of overpaying. Would preferably like someone a little younger but the market seems pretty cold at the moment. Best case scenario is that we can get him on the cheap and draft a project KPD, then our defensive stocks would look like this:

AFL FB: McKenzie (28y) Jonas (28y), Tarrant (31y)
AFL HB: Hartlett (30y), DBJ (25y), Houston (23y)
AFL I/C: Burton (23y)

Reserves FB: Clurey (26y), Pasini (19y), Drafted KPD (18y)
Reserves HB: Lienert (26y) and two of Bonner (23y)/Drafted Jones (18y)/Garner (21y)
Reserves I/C: Mayes (26)

Not too shabby. We need to trade in at least two KPD's to replace Watts and Grundy, with another KPF and KPF/Ruck to replace Westhoff and Buzza. We've been kissed on the dick this year regarding injuries and we won't get this lucky again, we need to ensure we have some dependable backup when we get multiple players in key positions injured at the same time. Very lucky to have been able to rotate Burton, Bonner, Lienert and Mayes all through the defence this year as all of those players have been blooded at AFL level and possess decent experience. Imagine if we had to throw Bergman or Pasini into the fire during finals if we had a couple of extra hammys.

Yes a win because if Hawkins kicks 5.1 instead of 0.5 from his 6 set shots and we get blown out because we're 5 goals down at half time I wonder if you have the same opinion.

Yeah the system is very good but there are holes and if we can get a tarrant for a second rounder... Considering were just bringing taj and Jones on with the other picks anyway, I'm there.

If Hawkins is kicking them from 50 metres out on the boundary it's not going to matter who is on him. At that point you're just tipping your hat to Hawkins because structurally we really couldn't play it any better.

Where Tarrant would help is in the 1 on 1 marking duels that require more brute strength. We dont have anyone on our list who can comfortably handle that role. I've seen McKenzie do it to Kennedy at times this year, and Jonas will always hold his own, but Clurey has never been good in that space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back