List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:

Ask Tom Lynch, was with him a few years back In Sorrento and he couldn’t look straight

My son ended up seeing a certain Fremantle player who was out and about running a muck the night after a game at a popular Melbourne nightclub.

A lot of the younger crowd no doubt do questionable things, footballers or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just read Jake Medhurst linking Majak with us on SEN this morning

We simply do not have the list spot for someone like him so I’d be confident in the being complete crap. Maybe 5 years ago.

Would this happen to be New Years at the Sorrento hotel?
Last year was very very similar different bunch of players though!!

Nah it was offseason right before all the Goldstein and the affair talk was around.

Chilled with Petracca and got a photo with Todd Goldstein.

Went down stairs and Lynch was in another dimension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackess raised an idea in the Richmond preview thread today: what if we signed both Daniher and Gunston, possibly pushing McStay out of the side? It's a lot of resources to throw into the forward line, but we'd be incredibly powerful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackess raised an idea in the Richmond preview thread today: what if we signed both Daniher and Gunston, possibly pushing McStay out of the side? It's a lot of resources to throw into the forward line, but we'd be incredibly powerful.
I would not mind McStay back in defensive again.
Think we undersized with Dizzy and Lester. Adams who knows if he play next year. Payne still coming along body wise

Hey Bunton. I have not seen a lot of Hinge, apart from his short stint in the senior side. Why do you have him in front of Witho already? (Not having a crack at all, just interested to hear your thoughts mate )

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I just think he looks a better footballer. His kicking is top notch - with experience he can be near as damaging as Birchall, IMO. He is a superior athlete to Witherden, looks solid overhead, makes good decisions and just looks the part.

All of which is just opinion based on a small viewing time, but last game he played, he looked like he belonged, IMO.

I must confess a distant connection - my old man used to play with his grandfather. And never any offence taken Daniels.

I would not mind McStay back in defensive again.
Think we undersized with Dizzy and Lester. Adams who knows if he play next year. Payne still coming along body wise
McStay has been tried in defence previously and it did not work. This was because he was not defensive enough on his opposing player. He would ball watch and get found out by any forward he played on. He has the skills to mark and distribute the ball with his raking left foot but that was about all. That is why they moved him to the forward line.

McStay has been tried in defence previously and it did not work. This was because he was not defensive enough on his opposing player. He would ball watch and get found out by any forward he played on. He has the skills to mark and distribute the ball with his raking left foot but that was about all. That is why they moved him to the forward line.
That's true but he's had a lot of experience by now and would've been schooled on what to do from his opponents.

To me he has all the attributes of a defender . Of course it remains to be seen whether he can implement them but we've put a lot of time developing him and he's a big strong guy who can jump a bit and kick , plenty of pace for his size so I'd be happy to give it a try if we rejig the forward line next year.

I personally think it would be a little over capitalization, simply because you only ever get so many scoring opportunities per game. If Daniher is added we have 3 genuine players who can take a game over with Daniher, Charlie and Hipwood, Rayner is potentially developing this capacity too. Throw in some better than average role players in McStay, Linc, with a midfield that hits the scoreboard as well as any other team, and we have enough firepower.

You’d expect having a player like Gunston added would lift your conversion rate, but those assets (salary and trade) could be used elsewhere for a better return. As an example, a player who would command less currency at the other end of the ground, Daniel Talia / Carlisle / Robbie Tarrant, would have a greater overall effect on our team. They could play the Barrass role allowing Andrew more freedom like McGovern, it’s moves Dizzy down to that 3rd tall role, that seems to suit him a little better. I know there the potential to move McStay down back in a similar role, but I wasn’t as convinced as other about him playing there previously.

I just think he looks a better footballer. His kicking is top notch - with experience he can be near as damaging as Birchall, IMO. He is a superior athlete to Witherden, looks solid overhead, makes good decisions and just looks the part.

All of which is just opinion based on a small viewing time, but last game he played, he looked like he belonged, IMO.

I must confess a distant connection - my old man used to play with his grandfather. And never any offence taken Daniels.
I’m a fan of Mitchs as well, just seems like a really well rounded footballer, so I hope we persist with for another couple of years atleast

not seeing the 2nds this year has not helped.. Hinge had a good game back although would of liked to see a few more.
A few players have 1-2 good games stringing them together the difference.

I personally think it would be a little over capitalization, simply because you only ever get so many scoring opportunities per game. If Daniher is added we have 3 genuine players who can take a game over with Daniher, Charlie and Hipwood, Rayner is potentially developing this capacity too. Throw in some better than average role players in McStay, Linc, with a midfield that hits the scoreboard as well as any other team, and we have enough firepower.

You’d expect having a player like Gunston added would lift your conversion rate, but those assets (salary and trade) could be used elsewhere for a better return. As an example, a player who would command less currency at the other end of the ground, Daniel Talia / Carlisle / Robbie Tarrant, would have a greater overall effect on our team. They could play the Barrass role allowing Andrew more freedom like McGovern, it’s moves Dizzy down to that 3rd tall role, that seems to suit him a little better. I know there the potential to move McStay down back in a similar role, but I wasn’t as convinced as other about him playing there previously.
Get games into Payne rather than recruiting these 2nd hand players.

Thanks for the reply mate. Great points and always cool to have some sort of a personal connection with a player. Seems like he has a future

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back