List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
My gut feeling is that he is heading to the Suns, but god damn he’d be a nice addition to our midfield. Awesome player when he isn’t injured.

Gold coast have asked about Treloar and been told he is not interested in moving.

Lol and Tom Morris on Couch is claiming that Gold Coast and us haven't heard from his management or the club yet. Also doesn't think that we lack the cap to accomodate Treloar.

I'll back in Michael Gleeson I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was ok when Treloar moved on from GWS because of his 50/50 spray/upper and under kicking style.

I'm ok with us not recruiting him for similar reasons.

If Fagan is reading from the Hawthorn hand book then our players have to be hard and have to be able to kick. If they are down in one of those then they have to be exceptional at everything else.
I wonder how many of those Ellis Yoleman fit. Not saying he is a failed prospect. Pritty keen to see how he goes given a solid run.

I for one would welcome someone like treloar. Still feel we are one A Grader away in the mids.

Trealor is no doubt a quality player but a bit like dangerfield his kicking can be errant at times. You wouldn't say no if you could fit him in but he's not a priority.

Seems very keen to stay at the pies, but if his partner ends up staying in qld longer (as opposed to short contract then back to vic) he is a RFA next year I believe.

If Fagan is reading from the Hawthorn hand book then our players have to be hard and have to be able to kick. If they are down in one of those then they have to be exceptional at everything else.
His kicking might be suspect, but then a lot of players are guilty there. Rated elite in possessions and clearances. As for Fagan, he plays Robbo week in/week out. He isn't outstanding in any area apart from endeavour really and his kicking makes Treloars look polished. We won't get him but Treloar is the sort of quality piece missing from our midfield.

I wonder how many of those Ellis Yoleman fit. Not saying he is a failed prospect. Pritty keen to see how he goes given a solid run.

I for one would welcome someone like treloar. Still feel we are one A Grader away in the mids.
Not sure how involved Fagan was with getting Ellis Yoleman but I certainly know its his call to select him or not.

His kicking might be suspect, but then a lot of players are guilty there. Rated elite in possessions and clearances. As for Fagan, he plays Robbo week in/week out. He isn't outstanding in any area apart from endeavour really and his kicking makes Treloars look polished. We won't get him but Treloar is the sort of quality piece missing from our midfield.
I think your under selling Robbo here. Playing on the wing is a really hard position to play now days.

Early days Robbo wasn't the greatest kick. But he's okay now days. He is definitely a better kick than Trelaor.

Trelaor is on par with Dangerfield when it comes to kicking... I.e below average IMO. I wouldn't be tripping over myself to trade for him personally. Wouldn't say no if he wanted to come of course,but I think Collingwood would as for a trade which we can't cater for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back