List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
There's no reason Treloar must go to a Queensland club. He already made a plan with his partner to live in different states next year, so why should that change because Collingwood want to dump him? I heard on SEN (I think) a few days ago that he really enjoys living in Melbourne and doesn't want to leave. North have a massive amount of space in their salary cap, I'm sure they'd be glad to take his contract in full as long as Collingwood don't ask the earth in return.

One of the North Posters floated this idea. Please allow us to make Treloar the first $2M dollar man in AFL :D

In return just swap one of their second with Collingwood's first - so one more first rounder for North this year.

There's no reason Treloar must go to a Queensland club. He already made a plan with his partner to live in different states next year, so why should that change because Collingwood want to dump him? I heard on SEN (I think) a few days ago that he really enjoys living in Melbourne and doesn't want to leave. North have a massive amount of space in their salary cap, I'm sure they'd be glad to take his contract in full as long as Collingwood don't ask the earth in return.
Will Treloar want to go to North. Who knows. North i bet will gladly have him but does not matter what someone wants to pay someone, they have to want to go to that club. IMO if North offered Cameron 1.5 million a year and Geelong offer him 900,000 IMO i reckon he still picks Geelong. Just my opinion though.

Will Treloar want to go to North. Who knows. North i bet will gladly have him but does not matter what someone wants to pay someone, they have to want to go to that club. IMO if North offered Cameron 1.5 million a year and Geelong offer him 900,000 IMO i reckon he still picks Geelong. Just my opinion though.
The difference is, Treloar is basically being told by Collingwood to find a new home.

The difference is, Treloar is basically being told by Collingwood to find a new home.
Yeah i understand that but my point was it doesnt matter who a club wants and how much they are willing to pay them ,the player still has to want to go to that club. Would treloar want to go to North at this current moment? Who knows :thumbsupemoji:

I’m not convinced you have a strong grasp on Treloar’s strengths and weaknesses.

He would have made little to no difference vs Geelong. Just like he made very little difference playing for Collingwood against Geelong the week before.

Solid B grader. Looked like becoming a far better player early on in his career. We need big bodied extractors. He doesn’t fit that mould.

I’d be much more happy backing guys like Smith, Joyce and Robertson going into next season unless the right type came along. Ideally Berry spends more time in the centre as does Rayner who should continue to build his tank.

Solid B grader. Looked like becoming a far better player early on in his career. We need big bodied extractors. He doesn’t fit that mould.

I’d be much more happy backing guys like Smith, Joyce and Robertson going into next season unless the right type came along. Ideally Berry spends more time in the centre as does Rayner who should continue to build his tank.
If we can't find a quality big bodied midfielder. Should we trade for Will Brodie. A cheap option which will cost us our Pick 42 and has played Junior footy with most of the vic country boys on our list.

I know stats aren't everything, but he's capable of coming into our best 22 and playing a role. Age 22, has a couple of pre-seasons under his belt and could breakout, that's if we have a role for him.
1603720525406.png

If we can't find a quality big bodied midfielder. Should we trade for Will Brodie. A cheap option which will cost us our Pick 42 and has played Junior footy with most of the vic country boys on our list.

I know stats aren't everything, but he's capable of coming into our best 22 and playing a role. Age 22, has a couple of pre-seasons under his belt and could breakout, that's if we have a role for him.
When Rowell back cant see how he gets back in. Looks like he could be a good fit

Isn't that basically what CEY is? And yet for some reason we've been playing him as a forward, it boggles the mind. And as you mentioned, Smith and Robertson are both extractors too. I too am happy with the options we have. If it doesn't work out this year, Clayton Oliver will be OOC in 2021.

I don't think Josh Daicos has signed for the Pies. He's going to be a gun and has a younger brother who might be even better.

Would help the Pies with their salary cap problems;)

I wonder if Treloar is regretting the decision to sign for the Magpies over the Tigers at the end of 2015.

Multiple reports at the time said he was tossing up between the 2 and was quoted as saying he thought he had more chance of a premiership at the Pies, talk about a sliding door moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against my better judgement I've had Trade Radio on in the background this morning- Matty Rendell was just on, he is very much worth listening to with his insights into recruitment and thoughts on various trades and drafting scenarios.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back