• Other

Votes: 13 9.4%

• Total voters

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nice goal by Shannon Neale. Starting to build into it.

And a great mark by Van Rooyen against Chapman up the other end (goal).

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Team Gold too good that half. Haddow's clearance work really good. Dixon dangerous up forward and McPartland kicked an amazing goal from the pocket. Winder good as well. DGB is really in a class of his own - lost count of his intercept marks already.

Lane looks injured and Mallard dominating the ruck a bit. Western dislocated a finger at the Q2 opening bounce and hasn't come back on yet.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Team Gold too good that half. Haddow's clearance work really good. Dixon dangerous up forward and McPartland kicked an amazing goal from the pocket. Winder good as well. DGB is really in a class of his own - lost count of his intercept marks already.

Lane looks injured and Mallard dominating the ruck a bit. Western dislocated a finger at the Q2 opening bounce and hasn't come back on yet.

i reckon DGB could the one that notes us if he’s available and we don’t take him. Although I Like Phillips too

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
DGB went forward and kicked a couple. Either him or Spyvee BOG, Haddow not far behind. Gold won by the same margin as Black beat them by the week before.
Thanks for the updates. Couple of questions:
Is Haddow edging ahead of C walker for the vacant Cat B rookie spot? Or is Alvarez in the mix?

Could DGB be more than just a intercept defender? Maybe forward potential - if so he’ll be snapped up well before pick 10 so doesn’t really matter I suppose.

Did Westerns stocks go up or down today - seems he had a quiet one, which is probably no harm..

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thanks for the updates. Couple of questions:
Is Haddow edging ahead of C walker for the vacant Cat B rookie spot? Or is Alvarez in the mix?

Could DGB be more than just a intercept defender? Maybe forward potential - if so he’ll be snapped up well before pick 10 so doesn’t really matter I suppose.

Did Westerns stocks go up or down today - seems he had a quiet one, which is probably no harm..
I have no idea about our remaining Cat B spot. I would think Chris Walker would still be the most likely (he didn't play). I like Alvarez and Haddow but can't see either being drafted.

If DGB isn't a top 6 pick I'll be surprised. Capable of playing forward but prefer him as a defender (like Naughton).

Western played a quarter in the forward line with no supply. Pretty much touched it every time it did come forward and was classy when he had it (unlike a lot of his teammates who blasted away and turned it over). He sat out injured for the last 3 quarters after attending the first bounce of the 2nd quarter and dislocating his finger.

It was a much more free flowing game than last time mainly because the pressure seemed down on last week imo. The bottom agers were given a lot of opportunity and stood out more than most of this year's prospects. Williams kicked three I think and should have kicked more - went missing in the 2nd and 3rd quarter though.

Shannon Neale kicked 3 goals which was good - his stocks probably got a boost from that game. Mallard was the best ruck but Lane didn't look 100%.

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have no idea about our remaining Cat B spot. I would think Chris Walker would still be the most likely (he didn't play). I like Alvarez and Haddow but can't see either being drafted.

If DGB isn't a top 6 pick I'll be surprised. Capable of playing forward but prefer him as a defender (like Naughton).

Western played a quarter in the forward line with no supply. Pretty much touched it every time it did come forward and was classy when he had it (unlike a lot of his teammates who blasted away and turned it over). He sat out injured for the last 3 quarters after attending the first bounce of the 2nd quarter and dislocating his finger.

It was a much more free flowing game than last time mainly because the pressure seemed down on last week imo. The bottom agers were given a lot of opportunity and stood out more than most of this year's prospects. Williams kicked three I think and should have kicked more - went missing in the 2nd and 3rd quarter though.

Shannon Neale kicked 3 goals which was good - his stocks probably got a boost from that game. Mallard was the best ruck but Lane didn't look 100%.

Would you say DGB plays a lot like Darren Glass?

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Would you say DGB plays a lot like Darren Glass?

Different positions really, Darren Glass was a full back whereas DGB plays higher up the ground. One thing DGB has had at his current level (WAFL seniors) has been good on the rebound, setting up stuff by foot. DGB is probably a better intercepting mark as well, but as I said part of that will be because of the role he plays. I would actually say he reminds me more of Luke McPharlin.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Could DGB project like Naughton and move forward?
Edited to... Would DGB have been the u18 All Australian CHB like Brennan Cox and Aaron Naughton but then be used in the forward line before realising they are all far better as defenders?

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
McArdle

Attachments

• 4619C96E-E144-4837-984D-EBAB16BE6852.png
    4619C96E-E144-4837-984D-EBAB16BE6852.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 342

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hogan year of being drafted had 10 games with colts netting 23 goals
Logan McDonald had 1 colts game and 9 senior games for 24 goals.

Some other similar comparisons as well

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know I say every year you shouldn't read too much into draftee highlights, then hypocritically draw inferences off them anyway (I was impressed with Serongs) BUT:
Logan MacDonalds highlights don't impress me that much. He seems awkward and lacks the smooth athleticism of a top power forward.
That said he seems to have good footy smarts, good movement, speed and kicking skills.

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
I bumped into a Mate today that is an keen East Freo supporter, and watches a lot of the East Freo Colts games.

Had a good discussion about the current years Draft potentials.. obviously knew the NGA boys, and said Brandon should be out of his moon boot, next week after a small fracture.

I hadn’t seen Jack Carroll play so asked him his opinion.. indicated he was a balanced Mid more inside than out. Not extreme speed, but not slow either. Compared him to Redden of the weagles

I bumped into a Mate today that is an keen East Freo supporter, and watches a lot of the East Freo Colts games.

Had a good discussion about the current years Draft potentials.. obviously knew the NGA boys, and said Brandon should be out of his moon boot, next week after a small fracture.

I hadn’t seen Jack Carroll play so asked him his opinion.. indicated he was a balanced Mid more inside than out. Not extreme speed, but not slow either. Compared him to Redden of the weagles
Can’t help be upset at the incredible bad luck it was that Walker played the season but perfectly missed combine testing and the U18 games, only to recover just after in time for pre-season. Horrible bad luck that is...

Last edited:
Twomey also explained why he has O’Driscoll lower than most. Feels his impact on games isn’t as good as other players, his speed and agility from the testing doesn’t translate into games, and disposal can suffer in comparison to others

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can’t help be upset at the incredible bad luck it was that Walker played the season but perfectly missed combine testing and the U18 games, only to recover just after in time for pre-season. Horrible bad luck that is...

The mate did have some comments re Brandon, which sounded like if I remember correctly sounded like “ghost who walks” faster than a normal person, seems to have more time.

Just runs off and away from opposition. In purple he will be unstoppable.

I could be wrong but he sounds like the Phantom.. if your old enough you will know what I mean, if not it’s a wot is he talking about!

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
The mate did have some comments re Brandon, which sounded like if I remember correctly sounded like “ghost who walks” faster than a normal person, seems to have more time.

I could be wrong but he sounds like the Phantom.. if your old enough you will know what I mean, if not it’s a wot is he talking about!
Welcome aboard Mr Walker.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU

the ghost who Walkers

Back