• Nathan O'Driscoll

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Zane Trew

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 13 9.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

knightmare 's methodology in valuing KPPs in draft ranking....

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Generally not a fan of KM but he makes a great point about teams reaching for key position players.

Most of the time he got it right but sometimes he got it very wrong.

Like the Moneyball movie, people fall in love with looks and not production.

Generally not a fan of KM but he makes a great point about teams reaching for key position players.

Most of the time he got it right but sometimes he got it very wrong.

Like the Moneyball movie, people fall in love with looks and not production.
After watching this I am a bit skeptical about Cox as both Twomey and KM sliding Nik Cox well after our pick 12
But interesting to see twomey has Reid in Top 10 and don't have Callow in top 20 and KM have Callow in top 20 But do not have Reid in top 20.
I think KM look at runs on the board and Twomey look for potential? what do you think? In your personal observation who is more on the money KM or Twomey?

Can’t he do both? Surely next year is still an option and can put 100% behind the unique opportunity of NGA in front of him? 1000 kids like him don’t have the same opportunity can start engineering a year later ?
spoke to him on the weekend. He's pretty excited now. Hoping to get picked up by Freo (or WC to stay in Perth) but knows that may have to wait until next year. His gf said no, just Freo. We'll see. If he did have to go east and was shown to be a player, expect to see him back here soon. The twins are real close.

spoke to him on the weekend. He's pretty excited now. Hoping to get picked up by Freo (or WC to stay in Perth) but knows that may have to wait until next year. His gf said no, just Freo. We'll see. If he did have to go east and was shown to be a player, expect to see him back here soon. The twins are real close.

Simon Garlic, give the gf a job please, she sounds like a keeper.

Is it time for a 'who do you want at pick 12 poll' that we can cringe about in a couple years time?

LDU and Fogarty voter btw
Stephens/Robertson voter checking in

Aaah yes..the season is upon us.

When we Freo fans speculate about which young CHF the club will draft with it's first pick only to be flummoxed when they pick another scrawny HFF/Mid.

Every year. Its an annual ritual.

We’ve drafted one player with our first pick who you’d consider scrawny once (Sturt) since 2013.

The joke is massively outdated.

The key forwards we could’ve considered over that period were mostly inferior to the players we picked with the exception of Naughton.

We’ve drafted one player with our first pick who you’d consider scrawny once (Sturt) since 2013.

The joke is massively outdated.

The key forwards we could’ve considered over that period were mostly inferior to the players we picked with the exception of Naughton.
so much this, a quick look says
2019 we picked Young/Serong, next KPF taken was Georgiades 12 picks or so later
2018 we picked Sturt, next KPF taken was Will Kelly (12 picks later), or Bailey Williams (20 picks later)
2017: Brayshaw/Cerra, next KPF taken was Naughton (projected mostly as a KPD at the time), and then Fogarty (7 picks later)
2016: Logue, next KPF taken was Marshall (10 picks later)
2015: Tucker, next KPF taken was Sam Skinner (20-30 picks later)?

you could make a case for Naughton over Brayshaw/Cerra, but apart from that there has been no clear, obvious KPF picks that we’ve ignored for a flanker type/other position arguably since Darling.

2018 we picked Sturt, next KPF taken was Will Kelly (12 picks later), or Bailey Williams (20 picks later)
2017: Brayshaw/Cerra, next KPF taken was Naughton (projected mostly as a KPD at the time), and then Fogarty (7 picks later)

you could make a case for Naughton over Brayshaw/Cerra, but apart from that there has been no clear, obvious KPF picks that we’ve ignored for a flanker type/other position arguably since Darling.

Pardon the question... but who the fU€k is “Will Kelly

He is on your list but I have no idea who he is or whom he plays for... is that the point!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is on your list but I have no idea who he is or whom he plays for... is that the point!

Think it's this guy.

yeah that’s him, looked promising in his debut before he hurt his elbow iirc and missed the rest of the season.

100%.

No point reaching.

We have 3 picks in the draft. We have 3 NGA players that seem to be regarded well.
At this stage I don't expect to see any bids on our NGA kids before 12 making it a 'live' pick.
Can we take four players? Will we gain a round 6 equiverlent pick from the AFL? Do we even know what the player number cap is next year? Will we have to take one in the rookie draft?

Pies, Craig Kelly's son?

Just better not taking a KPF unless it's Top 10. Wait for some club to develop one that isn't getting playing time and pry him loose.

There’s a touch of the Caleb Serong’s and Toby Greene’s about some of the highlights of Bailey Laurie!

Your picks aren’t set in stone , I would give up Cerra for O Allen or Naughton any day

This isn’t being a hindsight hero every year I say trade down grab WA kids

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Your picks aren’t set in stone , I would give up Cerra for O Allen or Naughton any day

This isn’t being a hindsight hero every year I say trade down grab WA kids

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Most Freo supporters...

Back