NFL 2021 — NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea, hes on my "hope he busts harder than Rosen" list too. Nothing to do with him. Everything to do with the people screaming " that's racist"
Mine's more the redditards and Steven a Smith's thinking they know it all and acting like it's blasphemous to draft Jones over him at 3. People on 49ers subreddit saying they're gonna commit suicide etc if they draft a fat redneck

Also people having no understanding of the draft process and why the 'consensus' in January means dog s**t in April

Mine's more the redditards and Steven a Smith's thinking they know it all and acting like it's blasphemous to draft Jones over him at 3. People on 49ers subreddit saying they're gonna commit suicide etc if they draft a fat redneck

Also people having no understanding of the draft process and why the 'consensus' in January means dog sh*t in April

If it means the world is short a few Niners fans on Friday then it's worth it. 🤗

I want Fields to be the best so that in right and simms is wrong and LA has to make me his idol, not simms.

But in saying that, i do get a bust sense out of fields, a la Haskins, or something off field a la Watson

I don't see any character concerns with him, it's all about his processor and long wind up in his throwing motion that scare me.

It ain't going to be Fields busting out. That tag will go to Wilson and Lance.

It blows my mind that you can beat up cupcakes and do nothing against good teams, or that you can not really play at all, and go ahead of a guy who beat up the Big 10.

And I hope I'm right, because I want drafting to be more about measurables than supposed intangibles that are completely made up in the month before draft day.

It ain't going to be Fields busting out. That tag will go to Wilson and Lance.

It blows my mind that you can beat up cupcakes and do nothing against good teams, or that you can not really play at all, and go ahead of a guy who beat up the Big 10.

And I hope I'm right, because I want drafting to be more about measurables than supposed intangibles that are completely made up in the month before draft day.

It blows my mind that you still rate big 10 defenses like it was 10 years ago.

I don't see any character concerns with him, it's all about his processor and long wind up in his throwing motion that scare me.
I wonder if big name QB HS recruits will avoid Ryan Day/OSU because of this given that his scheme seems to create and/or exacerbate this perception?

Its a lot harder to look like you read the defense quickly when the offense you play in frequently calls for you to wait for the WRs to get 10yd down field and make their cuts before you can even start going through your progressions

I wonder if big name QB HS recruits will avoid Ryan Day/OSU because of this given that his scheme seems to create and/or exacerbate this perception?

Its a lot harder to look like you read the defense quickly when the offense you play in frequently calls for you to wait for the WRs to get 10yd down field and make their cuts before you can even start going through your progressions

I understand what you're saying, but that doesn't mean Fields is reading things quickly enough or looking to make the splash plays too often himself either.

It blows my mind that you still rate big 10 defenses like it was 10 years ago.

In 2019 (I went back to the last full season) 4 of the top 14 college defenses were from the Big 10.

I dunno what people are seeing in Lance - at least when Wentz came out of ND stats he had 2 seasons worth of hype and stats to back it up. Lance has none of that.

I don't know what people are seeing in Wilson when his stats against cupcakes aren't blowaway. It's like he had a great Bowl game and everyone forgot the last memorable game they played against a ranked opponent - the upset loss to Coastal Carolina - when he failed them really badly when they need him. I defy anyone to go and watch the second half of that game and tell me that Wilson belongs in the first 2 rounds, let alone the first 2 picks. I've never seen a guy miss so many mid-range throws, and I've never seen a guy throw so many 3 yard passes when they needed 10.

I understand what you're saying, but that doesn't mean Fields is reading things quickly enough or looking to make the splash plays too often himself either.
I'm not arguing whether he is or isn't because I haven't looked at any of the QBs or any of the various YT analysis videos arguing for any of them either.

I'm just saying that that Day's scheme is confounding things, which if HS recruits are paying attention, should make them consider whether OSU is a program you should want to play QB in. It'd be an interesting dilemma for highly ranked QBs - go to OSU, potentially challenge for conference titles/national championships and gain the benefits that come from being a popular player at a big college (both during and after college) vs go to a different school that might make getting to the NFL easier/better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2019 (I went back to the last full season) 4 of the top 14 college defenses were from the Big 10.

I dunno what people are seeing in Lance - at least when Wentz came out of ND stats he had 2 seasons worth of hype and stats to back it up. Lance has none of that.

I don't know what people are seeing in Wilson when his stats against cupcakes aren't blowaway. It's like he had a great Bowl game and everyone forgot the last memorable game they played against a ranked opponent - the upset loss to Coastal Carolina - when he failed them really badly when they need him. I defy anyone to go and watch the second half of that game and tell me that Wilson belongs in the first 2 rounds, let alone the first 2 picks. I've never seen a guy miss so many mid-range throws, and I've never seen a guy throw so many 3 yard passes when they needed 10.

Wilson is very much a trust on tape player, I dunno, from the first game I watched of him back in October I reckon I saw someone very special. He jumps off the screen at me.

I don't share the concerns about strength of schedule as much as I used to in college. Defenses everywhere are pretty poor in comparison to 10 years ago. So many rules favouring offense nowadays that it's hard to get a read on QBs, think you have to believe what your eyes see moreso today.

A case you could make for most rookie QBs - the situation can help or hinder the talent.

I meant moreso from the standpoint that Fields doesn't have a quick release like a Wilson or Jones.

Bruh... Wilson didnt even play bad against CC

Bruh... Wilson didnt even play bad against CC

Houston was his worst game by far imo and even that wasnt anywhere near as spectacularly bad as two of Fields vs Indiana and Northwestern (not exactly powerhouses themselves)

And if you want to watch the whole show where that came from, here it is:

The Big Boys Club: O-Line Draft Academy with Geoff Schwartz

Former 8-year NFL offensive lineman, Geoff Schwartz and offensive line guru, Duke Manyweather, come together to bring you the ‘The Big Boys Club’ – a series dedicated to offensive lineman centered around five of the top O-lineman in 2021 NFL Draft. We chronicle Oregon’s Penei Sewell, Northwestern’s Rashawn Slater, Tennessee’s Trey Smith, Oklahoma’s Creed Humphrey and Wisconsin-Whitewater’s Quinn Meinerz during their training. Get an inside look at how the big boys upfront get prepared for the NFL Draft as we dive into their offseason training, X’s and O’s on the whiteboard, film study and MUCH more!

Bengals owe Falcons a favor...

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Lions tried to trade up to the fourth pick in the NFL Draft in pursuit of LSU's Ja'Marr Chase.
The Falcons' asking price for the fourth pick was too high, according to Fowler. This would confirm that the Bengals -- picking fifth -- will likely select Chase in Thursday's first round. Lions general manager Brad Holmes could still draft a high-end wide receiver prospect with the seventh pick -- perhaps Jaylen Waddle or DeVonta Smith. Any first round wideout who lands in Detroit would instantly become the team's No. 1 receiver and could fall into massive target volume with little competition for looks.
RELATED:
SOURCE: LionsWire.com
Apr 28, 2021, 11:07 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back