Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:
Had a listen to the Lystics AFL podcast today who did a Phantom Draft with a bunch of the guys from RookieMe(draft central), one of the Lystic’s guys had us for picks.

They had us take Jye Amiss at Pick 7, sighting our lack of key forwards who are from "the elite end of the draft", said Lewis and Kosi were developing types, didn't seem to know Jeka.... but then also named Nash.

I turned off the podcast at that point. 😂
Never trust Lystics, they're too cunning.

ModernArtillery has us taking Isaac Birt late in his Phantom draft. Worth a look.

Watching Sinn's highlights - oooh he could be something special.
He's got a mix of attributes that is so rare.
Reminds me of Judd/Deledio, but a bit taller, as it seems all players are these days.

I really wouldn't be bothered taking him with our first.
Ideally it is Callaghan/Ward, but Sinn is so good.

Last edited:

My own circular reasoning. I'll edit my original post and add 'imo' for clarity. It came across as probably too definitive. Probably goes pick 3 now :tearsofjoy:...
If we pass, I don't see any other club in the top 10 touching him except the tigers. If Hobbs gets through as well, they surely go for him.

Twomey today put Sinn back in the mix for top 5 and Johnson in our mix, means some players would have to slide out.
Cal, clearly stated that Ward & Hobbs were still ahead of him for production instead of prediction of how good Johnson could be.

Cal, clearly stated that Ward & Hobbs were still ahead of him for production instead of prediction of how good Johnson could be.
If we passed do you think Freo would touch him? Richmond a chance definitely, but depends who's on the board. If we pass he gets to pick 9 atleast. All links to players atm can be smoke and mirrors anyway, trying to leverage draft night trades and what not

If we passed do you think Freo would touch him? Richmond a chance definitely, but depends who's on the board. If we pass he gets to pick 9 atleast. All links to players atm can be smoke and mirrors anyway, trying to leverage draft night trades and what not
Freo would pass on him I reckon. Tigers would take him. We don't have anything to trade up, and don't think Tigers would want to trade up higher than our pick.

Mac Andrew could very much be who we take if he is still available and I will not be suprised from what I heard today.

It's not 'take it to the bank' information but we are very interested apparently.

He looks like the one with the most upside to me.
Players like Nic Nat or that ilk are rare finds.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we took him at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I can gather we won't be trading up for Andrew it will only be if he is available at our pick.

Do you think GWS will take him with #2?
No. I'm saying they know he'll be there at 5, so they'll want something extra to trade 2.
I've said all along, I'd to 2 years of first picks slides to nab Callaghan. Take it or leave it.

No. I'm saying they know he'll be there at 5, so they'll want something extra to trade 2.
I've said all along, I'd to 2 years of first picks slides to nab Callaghan. Take it or leave it.

The Callaghan talk is interesting.

Personally, i have not watched any videos on him as I assumed he was unattainable.

Is he that good?

Personally, i have not watched any videos on him as I assumed he was unattainable.

Is he that good?
No, it’s just people needing to fill in time.
We will take 5 to the draft and select Neil Erasmus.
Party pooper signing out 🤙

Is he that good?

Has a very rare mix of traits & rapid rate of improvement this year. Very high ceiling - has the potential to be Josh Kelly with Brad Hill's lateral movement. Was medium production but a move to the inside saw him have consecutive 30+ disposal games. The two biggest downsides are he runs himself into trouble a considerable amount and wins low amounts of contested ball even when playing inside.

Personally while his upside is high I wouldn't be trading up if it costs us our future first. I don't think he's THAT much better than Hobbs or Ward (or say, Ward + a top 10 pick next year).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back