Review 2021 Deadline Day General Discussion – Trade paperwork must be lodged by 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shout out to the afl exchange boys. They are class. No bs about them, they don’t clickbait, they are knowledgeable about trade and draft. Cal and riley work really well together. Shame mitch left for ch7. They are easily the best segment on trade radio imo

I’m sure it’s no coincidence that it’s the only panel that has no washed up former footy players on it

Shout out to the afl exchange boys. They are class. No bs about them, they don’t clickbait, they are knowledgeable about trade and draft. Cal and riley work really well together. Shame mitch left for ch7. They are easily the best segment on trade radio imo

They have/had a really good dynamic. Draft and trading is Cal’s area of expertise, Mitch the news guy and Riley seems to be a genuine footy nuff who gives the fan perspective.

Interesting that Indigenous employees sit outside the soft cap in terms of off-field appointments, I did not know that.

Rendell again walking a very fine line on Trade radio given his history, saying Aboriginals hated meetings more than others. You'd think he'd just steer clear of comments like that, no matter how good his intentions or how true it may be.

Interesting that Indigenous employees sit outside the soft cap in terms of off-field appointments, I did not know that.

Rendell again walking a very fine line on Trade radio given his history, saying Aboriginals hated meetings more than others. You'd think he'd just steer clear of comments like that, no matter how good his intentions or how true it may be.
Yeah, feel myself cringing whenever he has discussions around indigenous people. Still a lot of ye olde world in him.

Yeah I like them a lot.

I disagree with Rendell and Sos about everything, but free agency is definetly something that needs to be looked at it. A player should only be able to nominate the state, or something along those lines. There is no reason that Dawson, who apparently only wants to leave so he can go home, can't also play for Port. It should be up to Sydney to get the best deal for him,

Indigenous positions. I suspect clubs are free to hire white people in mentoring roles for young indigenous players.... but I dont imagine it happens.

Yeah I like them a lot.

I disagree with Rendell and Sos about everything, but free agency is definetly something that needs to be looked at it. A player should only be able to nominate the state, or something along those lines. There is no reason that Dawson, who apparently only wants to leave so he can go home, can't also play for Port. It should be up to Sydney to get the best deal for him,

Its up to a player who they sign with, Dawson can refuse to sign with Port meaning any deal between the clubs is pointless.

And if a club offers $100k/yr more than another and weren't able to be signed to that club you'd end up with restraint of trade lawsuits quicker than you could blink, and frankly whilst there is no doubt a Salary cap is integral to the competition, a draft isn't so straight forward (especially when we have other professional codes operating without one).

Personally I'm in the make draft contracts 4 years, and get rid of all compensation for losing players out of contract camp.

I said it at the time, when the players association said we must have free agency cause it’s in these other sports

the afl should have countered and said you only get free agency if teams are allowed to trade players to any team they like (as is the norm in those sports with free agency that it is modelled after)

afl should have said, take it or leave it, you get the free agency model as it is in other sports or not. You don’t get to take only the half of that model that suits players.

if the afl had two brain cells they would have done that.
Either the association would have said no thanks and backed off. Since the afl would have offered free agency exactly as it stands at the sports they won’t to steal the mode from) the association would not have had legal backing nor player backing nor public backing to press the afl.

if they had accepted it then there would be a much better balance of power than what we have.

Always liked Mitch happy for him that he got a gig at ch7

Wonder who’ll they get for the podcast next year? It was fantastic this year.

Yeah I like them a lot.

Except Adelaide’s contract offer to Dawson is a million bucks more than Port’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back