Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

A lottery for pick 1 for the bottom 4 teams may help take away the tanking incentive.
This is a change that really should be made...
I can't stand this year hoping my team loses, it's miserable.
Bottom 4 lottery
Bottom 40% chance
2nd Bottom 30% chance
3rd Bottom 20% chance
4th Bottom 10% chance.
How hard is that for the AFL to see this is a change for the good of the game..

I want the wooden spoon. No doubt about it.
It has many perks. National draft, PSD, rookie draft.

But I also want to watch us win games.
Yep, it's an invidious position for fans. I don't want the club to try to lose - I am confident we're bad enough to lose every game on merit. But if that happens, I want North winning another game. If we lose every game from here, I want those benefits of 18th.

Still early days but Tsatas and Wardlaw look to be exactly what we need by all reports. Sicily going as a free agent next year could mean we land both.

I’d say trade for crows first this year and next year for pick 1 but I like Horne way too much and it wouldn’t surprise me if crows climbed up the ladder a bit next year. They started the year well but have tired slightly and now engaged tank mode.

I don’t think the talk of tanking is valid even if much of it is in jest. The reality is the only remaining game that anyone would give us a realistic chance of winning is against the Crows. With our injury list all other games would be at long odds.
The important thing is that we continue to develop our young players for the medium term.

If we finish last and Adelaide finish where they are now ( 3rd last) and they really want Horne could we take Matt Crouch off them ( and make sure they get band 1) then trade for pick 3and 4??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we finish last and Adelaide finish where they are now ( 3rd last) and they really want Horne could we take Matt Crouch off them ( and make sure they get band 1) then trade for pick 3and 4??
Plus next years first, if they want Horne that bad, really make them pay for it, especially if we are taking crouch.

As a cheap trade acquisition I didn’t mind how Williamson played for the Blues had a bit of speed about him so could play on a wing and seems out of favour at the Blues. Only 22 as well

With news that we have enquired about Schultz as a FA and Adelaide won't fight to keep Crouch, there are some opportunities for us to use our salary cap to make sideways moves with the playing list and generate draft capital.

For example, bring in Schultz and use Geelong's interest in Hanrahan to leverage a trade for Clark or a pick. Or bring in Crouch and move Mitchell for an extra first round pick.

Last edited:
Lachie Ash dropped again. There's a kid who has what we need in spades and seemingly the Giants aren't happy with his performances.

Vic kid, high draft pick, extended earlier in the year probably on good money knowing the strategy of the expansion clubs. Wonder if there's an opportunity there?

Lachie Ash dropped again. There's a kid who has what we need in spades and seemingly the Giants aren't happy with his performances.

Vic kid, high draft pick, extended earlier in the year probably on good money knowing the strategy of the expansion clubs. Wonder if there's an opportunity there?

Not sure on his contract status, but I wouldn’t mind Xavier O’Halloran.

Contracted & on good money - I don't like where this is going.

*186cm defender coming off a 5 disposal game. Would be behind Day, Sicily, CJ, Hardwick, Scrimshaw, Impey & Howe (& Frost).

Can he play another role?

They also dropped Green, they still have an absurd amount of young midfield talent.

Hopper, Bruhn, Whitfield, Ash, Green, Taranto, Kelly, Daniels and Hill all 26 and under.

This is a change that really should be made...
I can't stand this year hoping my team loses, it's miserable.
Bottom 4 lottery
Bottom 40% chance
2nd Bottom 30% chance
3rd Bottom 20% chance
4th Bottom 10% chance.
How hard is that for the AFL to see this is a change for the good of the game..
Let the AFL make these changes when we aren't on the bottom please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back